Children hitting a nerve?

Anyone here feel like theyre emotionally caught up with children. Being a parent is a tough job but good parents can keep a level head in tough times.

Some say that being weak with children can be a hindrance. Anyone here have any tips with child control?
Less time outs and more ass paddlings. Kids these days are disrespectful and end up being helpless at adulting when they get older. Too much shit handed to them without earning it.

As a parent for about half my life, i say the biggest thing is patience. Kids dont have the same mental maturity as adults. Think about what their thought process is and speak calmly with them. Dont tell them what to do, but coach them in arriving at the conclusion you are seeking.

Less time outs and more ass paddlings. Kids these days are disrespectful and end up being helpless at adulting when they get older. Too much shit handed to them without earning it.
The_a5c65d_5578092.jpg

They said the same thing about us. Kids these days are fine.

My oldest son (9) is awesome. 95+ percentile in all testing. A crazy good athlete, best in our small town at every sport... honest plays 2 years above his age, would be a top player two grades above. Even when he was 2-3 he already understanding how to play, etc. Not just a higher sports IQ, but is 3-4 steps faster than the 2nd most athletic kid his age. It's unreal, idk where he gets it from. I was mediocre, his mom didn't really play sports.

But man he is needy and mentally weak. I try not to be lavar ball but damn. He's almost autistic sometimes. Definitely inherited his mothers anxiety. Yikes. I try not to be an asshole but he drives me up the wall. He sleeps in our room because he is afraid, total cock blocker.

My wife had to go back home for a few days a couple of weeks ago for a funeral.

So I was alone with our two year old and 3 month old twins.

Not gonna lie. There were a point where I contemplated driving them out to the woods and leaving them there.

<{1-17}>You're the guy we read about in teh Mayberry headlines brah

My tips for child control..

81UGCwM2hpL._SX355_.jpg

Portia.jpg

Vasectomy-Orange.jpg

There's no simple answer. My wife and I spanked our daughter when she misbehaved. After each time, after giving her 5-10 minutes to cry it out, I spoke with her tell her where she went wrong and why she shouldn't behave that way. I'd give her a hug and tell her that I love her. That's it. I can't remember the last time I had to spank my daughter; it's been years and she's 10 now.... though I fear a tidal wave is going to hit very soon.

Be tuned in, listen, but instill that fear and respect when you must. Never miss an opportunity to celebrate.

Dont tell them what to do, but coach them in arriving at the conclusion you are seeking.
I'm consistently shocked at my friends who have kids and don't understand this concept. Like it never really crossed their mind even. This is a super basic example, but it's the one I always use with my friends: People ask their kids what they want to eat for dinner. Terrible idea. Give them a choice between the top two options you are ok with (even better if you are down for making either) and let them choose. They feel they have a free willed choice, and you can prep a healthy/quick meal that's easy to clean up and therefore eliminating later stressors down the road. The shit aint rocket science. I think people are freaked out they will do the wrong things though and kind of get inside their own heads a bit which just ends up fucking them in the long run.

Raising kids is exhausting. My son is only 2 and driving me banana's. Love that little bastard though.

If I had to give one obvious tip: "Your kid is not your friend."

Always remember that.

Back