Childhood Friends Dying.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 457759

So this has been bugging me so I thought I'd make a thread about it.

I know we've all known someone who died, someone close to us and it always sucks. But in this case I'm talking about someone who was a part of my life when I was a kid that for a lack of a better way of saying it, wasn't a good guy. When we were in grade 1,2 and 3 he would come visit his grandparents who were my neighbors and we would play in the summer time. He was always getting us into trouble, I'm mean this guy would always break the rules, no matter what it was if one of the adults made a rule this guy would break it. I could give all kinds of examples but I'm sure you guys get the picture. In fact he was so bad that he wasn't allowed on our property lol, and we ended up not hanging out with him at all before his own grand parents stopped having him over. I only saw him a handfull of times over the years before he was found dead a few days ago.

But for some reason it bugs me so much, and in all seriousness I'm not surprised in the least that he's passed. In fact I said on numerous occasions that he'd wind up dead soon. But I'm so damn sentimental, I've always been like that. I can't stop thinking about those sunny days when he would wait at the end of his driveway nest door for me and my brother to come out and meet him, because he wasn't allowed on our property. The first time I widdled wood with a jack knife that his grandpa set us up with, before it was all taken away because he broke the rules. One time he manipulated me into crying wolf in the back yard next door and my mom came out scared shitless, and I got in trouble too.

But some how it just bothers me, and I realize he's probably better off (long story, drugs, accidents).

He was a part of my childhood and it just sucks that he had such a shitty upbringing and he wasn't given the tools to get his shit together.

Does anyone else have this kind of thing? I want to stay away from insulting him, but lets say society could do without. But I still feel sad.

Been fortunate that none of my close friends have died but i recently learned that a good friend of mine from High School is living on the streets addicted to heroin. Sucks because i thought he turned his life around after joining the Navy

I know we've all known someone who died, someone close to us and it always sucks. But in this case I'm talking about someone who was a part of my life when I was a kid that for a lack of a better way of saying it, wasn't a good guy. When we were in grade 1,2 and 3 he would come visit his grandparents who were my neighbors and we would play in the summer time. He was always getting us into trouble, I'm mean this guy would always break the rules, no matter what it was if one of the adults made a rule this guy would break it. I could give all kinds of examples but I'm sure you guys get the picture. In fact he was so bad that he wasn't allowed on our property lol, and we ended up not hanging out with him at all before his own grand parents stopped having him over. I only saw him a handfull of times over the years before he was found dead a few days ago.

But for some reason it bugs me so much, and in all seriousness I'm not surprised in the least that he's passed. In fact I said on numerous occasions that he'd wind up dead soon. But I'm so damn sentimental, I've always been like that. I can't stop thinking about those sunny days when he would wait at the end of his driveway nest door for me and my brother to come out and meet him, because he wasn't allowed on our property. The first time I widdled wood with a jack knife that his grandpa set us up with, before it was all taken away because he broke the rules. One time he manipulated me into crying wolf in the back yard next door and my mom came out scared shitless, and I got in trouble too.

But some how it just bothers me, and I realize he's probably better off (long story, drugs, accidents).

He was a part of my childhood and it just sucks that he had such a shitty upbringing and he wasn't given the tools to get his shit together.

Does anyone else have this kind of thing? I want to stay away from insulting him, but lets say society could do without. But I still feel sad.

Childhood man. Whenever I feel sad, or like smashing someone's face in, I just think about my wonderful childhood.

I know many kids like that as a child. I do wonder what happened to them.

Now there are plenty of kids in my MS and HS that I wish were dead, or I have the opportunity to kill them myself.

Yeah, one of my good friends from when I was young shot himself in the face when we were in college. Nice family, decent life, but he got really depressed over a gf and was too young to put it in perspective.

Been fortunate that none of my close friends have died but i recently learned that a good friend of mine from High School is living on the streets addicted to heroin. Sucks because i thought he turned his life around after joining the Navy

I knew a really nice guy from highschool that did so much coke it kicked in schizophrenia and he's legit. Rumor had it a lot of coke can do that if you already have a genetic predispostion to it or something. Sad.

Yeah, one of my good friends from when I was young shot himself in the face when we were in college. Nice family, decent life, but he got really depressed over a gf and was too young to put it in perspective.

Worked with a young guy named Luke that seemed perfectly normal. Nice kid. He got depressed over a girlfriend and killed himself. I didn't know him too well but I was shocked. Ho's aint worth it yo.

Yeah man, sorry for the loss, however much he really meant to you.

But yeah I did have a close friend I grew up with die, around 6 years ago. Hit by a drunk driver along with 2 other of my friends, one one which got severe brain damage while the other got out with somewhat minor injuries, though, I strongly believe he got more screwed up than thought cuz now he’s a tranny. Anyways, my friend that was killed, when we were younger we would always sneak out, smoke pot, pop ecstasy, rave, party, etc. we were even chased by cops when we were smoking weed on top of an elementary school at 2 or 3am way back when we were 16 and 15.

Great kid, we would grow apart a little bit, come back and be best buds as if we never missed a beat. He texted me right before he died and I was busy at work and forgot to text back. Found out later the next day he died. Man that shit killed me.

Yeah man, sorry for the loss, however much he really meant to you.

But yeah I did have a close friend I grew up with die, around 6 years ago. Hit by a drunk driver along with 2 other of my friends, one one which got severe brain damage while the other got out with somewhat minor injuries, though, I strongly believe he got more screwed up than thought cuz now he’s a tranny. Anyways, my friend that was killed, when we were younger we would always sneak out, smoke pot, pop ecstasy, rave, party, etc. we were even chased by cops when we were smoking weed on top of an elementary school at 2 or 3am way back when we were 16 and 15.

Great kid, we would grow apart a little bit, come back and be best buds as if we never missed a beat. He texted me right before he died and I was busy at work and forgot to text back. Found out later the next day he died. Man that shit killed me.

Ouch, I had a close friend get killed by a drunk driver and he owed me money. I was coming down on him hard for it because he was ducking me for weeks, and he basically borrowed it for bar money and I didn't have a lot. So the last time I saw him before he died I was a total asshole to him.

I felt like shit.

And the tranny thing, I heard that brain damage can throw your hormones off. That's probably what happened too him.

Lost a lot of friends over the years,from drugs,auto accidents,suicide and heart disease. Always sucks when you hear it cause you think maybe you should have done something.

Had a close friend hang himself at 24 in the basement of his house.

He was living in London at the time, invited me down to visit maybe a month before for a party but I was too busy.

Ouch, I had a close friend get killed by a drunk driver and he owed me money. I was coming down on him hard for it because he was ducking me for weeks, and he basically borrowed it for bar money and I didn't have a lot. So the last time I saw him before he died I was a total asshole to him.

I felt like shit.

And the tranny thing, I heard that brain damage can throw your hormones off. That's probably what happened too him.

Oh damn that’s rough bruh. You just don’t know when the person is gonna go til they’re gone, and you’ll never get a chance to tell them goodbye. That I believe is the worst part.

One of my closest friends died at our high school graduation party. I wasn't there but apparently he mixed a bunch of pills with a ton of alcohol, choked on his vomit in his sleep. He was in a coma for a while, but it was basically over for him the morning after the party. Ended up going to his funeral on my 18th birthday.

You’re thinking about a friend who you went to 1-3rd grade with that died?

You’re thinking about a friend who you went to 1-3rd grade with that died?

His family has known my family since the 70's and I grew up next to his grandparents and now his mother lives next to my parents and grandmother, so I've heard stories over the years.

But when I was that age asa kid I didn't know too many kids, he was that bad kid that showed up in the summer time on weekends, I always remembered.

I knew a kid just like that, TS, but he didn't die. He stabbed a guy and did some prison time, and at some point became a born again christian.

But... this thread is relevant because my childhood best friend, not the guy I mentioned above, passed away. It was terrible. We'd lost contact after we grew up, then one day I run into his parents at the grocery store. I go up and say hi to them and they're really happy to see me, and we shoot the breeze for a couple minutes before I ask, "So how's Ronnie doing?" and their eyes got all big and his dad said, "you mean you don't know?" And that's how I found out my best friend was killed in a car accident years ago.

I don't know how old you are, but you are closer to understanding the love of Jesus than most people ever get in their lifetimes. I'm not a religious person, but there are aspects of all religious teachings that I respect a lot. Jesus called his followers to love the people they disagreed with most and to bless them. No matter what the situation is or what kind of enemy we have, bless the people who have hurt us the most. Always strive to take the position of nonviolence (outside of the Octagon anyway!) and forgiveness, grace, and blessing of our enemies. This is a great ideal, a great life guideline in my opinion. But it's hard to do these things without understanding why you're doing them, and why it's good to do them. It all starts with compassion, which you seem to have. Without compassion, you can't take the next step. That guy was a bad dude because he was originally a victim of badness. This is almost always the way it goes. Bad people have been victimized. They are damaged to the core. They are sad, miserable individuals. While that doesn't excuse them when they harm others, one can still have compassion for them, and feel sad for them. They are human beings who could have loved and thrived in this world, and really through no fault of their own they failed, and were miserable. They were beaten down before they could develop into something good.

You've written a nice eulogy for this guy, and it's nice that's you're mourning him. Good luck to you sir.

Last edited:
I don't know how old you are, but you are closer to understanding the love of Jesus than most people ever get in their lifetimes. I'm not a religious person, but there are aspects of all religious teachings that I respect a lot. Jesus called his followers to love the people they disagreed with most and to bless them. No matter what the situation is or what kind of enemy we have, bless the people who have hurt us the most. Always strive to take the position of nonviolence (outside of the Octagon anyway!) and forgiveness, grace, and blessing of our enemies. This is a great ideal, a great life guideline in my opinion. But it's hard to do these things without understanding why you're doing them, and why it's good to do them. It all starts with compassion, which you seem to have. Without compassion, you can't take the next step. That guy was a bad dude because he was originally a victim of badness. This is almost always the way it goes. Bad people have been victimized. They are damaged to the core. They are sad, miserable individuals. While that doesn't excuse them when they harm others, one can still have compassion for them, and feel sad for them. They are human beings who could have loved and thrived in this world, and really through no fault of their own they failed, and were miserable. They were beaten down before they develop into something good.

You've written a nice eulogy for this guy, and it's nice that's you're mourning him. Good luck to you sir.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Because you wrote that I'll probably be more inclined to not hide these kinds of feelings.

Peace bro.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Because you wrote that I'll probably be more inclined to not hide these kinds of feelings.

Peace bro.
You are welcome. I see that a Jordan Peterson quote is part of your profile. Be careful with that guy...a more "truthful" quote from him would be "The way I see things is the highest virtue". He is so high on his opinions that he sees them as truth...be careful being a follower of these kinds of people.

Back