Chelsea Manning running for Senate in Maryland...

i'd vote for a trans/binary/ whatever gender pronoun person for a political office, but i would never vote for a convicted traitor

Wat?

I was thinking about whether democrats at the top levels of the party think that Manning running for office on their party's ticket is a good or a bad thing for them. I doubt we'll ever get a honest answer on that one though.
I wonder. We might, as we heard from Republicans who hated the idea that Moore would be seated.

Another 50 years of thisnand we'll be able to challenge Brazil in that category.

Jesus Christ needs to primary Osama Bin Laden's ass. Fix Brazil. Hell, they already have a statue of him telling you to come at him
1200px-Cristo_Redentor_-_Rio_de_Janeiro%2C_Brasil.jpg

Transgender traitor, registered dem. Who would have guessed.

I was okay with the commuted sentence because she was living in some really nasty torment that didn't seem necessary. But that was more considering her mental health and the unlikely possibility of her being a danger again, plus the disgusting environment of US surveillance and secrecy. A senate run takes some fucking brass after what she did. It's her right though, and if Maryland wants her, Maryland deserves her.
So we agree the US voted for Trump, and the US deserves Trump.

He/she has the legal right to run.

I hope she loses the primary then runs as an independent.

That would help the republicans as long as they field some one sane.

I will never forget the moniker she used to leak all that info, BradAss87. It screams goofy attention whore, a description that I think this run for Senate fits under.

As sad as that is, that's an election. But I'd like us to convince ourselves that we deserve much better.
With the exception of blacks and feminists who wanted Hillary, most of the population didn't like the choice. Before the election cycle started, I said that in a country of 300 million people it was sad that we were quite possibly looking at another Clinton or another Bush as President. I don't like Presidential dynasties - Trump prevented that from happening.

On November 9th, 2016 I predicted that there was a 10% chance that we get Clinton - Trump again. I think percentage is just about right.

Will challenge Dem Sen Ben Cardin in a primary.

What a shit show. I'd much rather her run third party even. She won't get 20% against Cardin in the primary, but will be a damn mock/attack point until then.

"Her" lmao.

By all means let a mentally ill man have access to state security secrets again.

Hundreds of pro-Trump Twitter activists, far-right online media figures, and Pepe lapel pin-wearers descended on a Hell's Kitchen nightclub Saturday night for a gala celebrating the one-year anniversary of President Trump's inauguration. But despite appearances from far-right media personalities like James O’Keefe, Mike Cernovich, and Gavin McInness, the most controversial attendee of the evening was former Wikileaks whistleblower, and now US Senate candidate, Chelsea Manning.

In the early hours of the party, Manning could be seen smiling and socializing with attendees, including pro-Trump Twitter personality Cassandra Fairbanks. Fairbanks, who reports for Gateway Pundit, has been a vocal supporter of Wikileaks and has publicly exchanged messages with Manning on Twitter.

Cernovich, the pro-Trump media personality who hosted the event, suggested that perhaps Manning — who is running for Senate as a Democrat — showed up because of a shared philosophy that's separate from partisan politics.

"I think it's clear that she does what she wants and doesn't give a shit," Cernovich said. "And I think she knows that we're the same way."

Regardless of the reason for Manning's appearance, other guests appeared thrilled that she showed up. "I truly don't want to speak for her but I guess she respects what this is all about," pro-Trump activist Jack Posobiec said, gesturing toward the room full of attendees.

"Everyone was respectful," a different party-goer said. Another claimed that not a single person in attendance misgendered Manning, who is an openly transgender woman.

"Honestly, her being here shows what this movement is really about," one pro-Trump Twitter personality told BuzzFeed News shortly after Manning left the party. "We're not ideological, we're tribal. We don't care about the politics as much as we care about pissing people off and trolling and shaking things up. She's about liberty, we're about liberty, it's all good. No bad blood at all."

Huh. I mean it makes sense this is her target constituency afterall, with Assange as one of their heroes. Was Manning's leak the first big mainstream attention "get" for wikileaks?

FWIW this is her first campaign video -

Looks like a man with lipstick on. Did she not take all the hormones and the like that goes along with transitioning? Looks like she still has to shave...

Mr. Mannings campaign video looked and sounded like a highschool kids classroom project.

She's an alt-right nutter plant pretending to run as a Democrat.

Back