Chavez Jr. vs. Anthony Dirrell

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
November 11th at The Forum in LA it looks like it's official now according to Chavez's social media.

Assuming the fight happens and Chavez doesn't get another imaginary injury and pull out like he did when he was going to fight Badou Jack(who gave Dirrell his only loss)who do you have? For some reason I am actually leaning towards Chavez in this one.

I'm taking whatever odds I can get of Chavez showing up overweight.

Sweet goddess below...I am all about this match-up!!!! His lazy ass can make 168lbs.

Although I would have preferred Andre Dirrell aka "The Matrix" aka "The Resurrected " aka "That other Andre from the Super Six"

I'm taking whatever odds I can get of Chavez showing up overweight.

still mad that he ruined Martinez?
36c589e2-a33e-4c25-86e0-b3c06fad86e1
SsTG1XQ.gif

how the fuck is Chavez getting decent money fights... Dirrell should smoke him

still mad that he ruined Martinez?
36c589e2-a33e-4c25-86e0-b3c06fad86e1
SsTG1XQ.gif
Still mad? I don't remember ever being mad about sexy beating jr.

Sergio got old and his knees went, Father Time beat him up better than Chavez could dream of.

Still mad? I don't remember ever being mad about sexy beating jr.

Sergio got old and his knees went, Father Time beat him up better than Chavez could dream of.

Didn't he blow his knee when Chavez dropped him? I thought I remember post-fight that he said the knockdown ruined his knee and when he got up he could tell it was badly torn. From what I recall it never really got better.

Winnable fight for Fatso.

Chavez will never again win a figt against an opponent of Dirrells calibre. He's done on the big/relatively big scene.
He has been for a while tbh.

Didn't he blow his knee when Chavez dropped him? I thought I remember post-fight that he said the knockdown ruined his knee and when he got up he could tell it was badly torn. From what I recall it never really got better.
Yeah that is what happened. Sergio clowned him for 11 rounds but when Junior turned it on, he broke Sergio from head to toe.

His original injury was in the 12th against Chavez. He had surgery, injured it training for Murray, fought with a crappy knee, more surgery, lost to Cotto. The end.

Chavez was the beginning of the end despite Martinez making him look like a fool for most of the fight.

Back