Charles v Islam, Charles v Dariush (comparative and conclusions)

Saulo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The two fights had similar movement in the first round, however Dariush and Islam's behavior were completely different and this dictated the rhythm of the fight, in both Charles behaved similarly, always advancing and staying on the bottom in grappling interactions, let's analyze :

1- In an interview given by Poirier he mentioned that Charles landed one or two good knees in the clinch that affected his gas, Charles when being interviewed in the post fight with Dariush stated “I landed a good knee at the beginning of the fight and he realized that I hurt him , he felt it and ran out of gas”, if this is true, it certainly compromised Dariush's performance.

2- In grappling interactions it is notorious that Islam is far above average in terms of core strength, he has a very solid trunk, in this regard Islam is superior to Dariush and Dariush is superior to Charles, try to put Islam in the back to the ground from the clinch is a practically impossible task, the best way to achieve this feat would be to go for the legs after a superextension punch.

3- Already on the ground, Dariush tried to make a posture to strike and casually tried to advance by standing up throwing his legs to the side, this gave Charles more freedom to strike and restore his guard, while Islam adopted a more conservative stance in the main. He always projected his weight on Charles, didn't try transitions to advance the guard and preferred to throw punches from close range without wanting to expose himself in transitions.

4- In the standing fight, Islam adopted a patient stance as a counterattack while Dariush looked confused and couldn't find the distance to match forces with Charles.

Charles is a different fighter, he adopts the attack as the best defense, putting the opponent in a difficult choice, or he walks backwards all the time which many say is uncomfortable, or he tries to exchange punches with him, the difference is that if Charles feels a blow he can always voluntarily lie down on the ground to recover.

Charles has already beaten numbers 2, 3, 4, 5 in the ranking, only Islam is missing, if he wants to have more chances in the rematch he will have to improve his strategy.

He says he won't change anything, will he?

Hard to say but I mean Islam such looked like he did everything ten times better when they fought

Hilarious ... we are thinking the same things.

I just made a nearly identical post, in different words.
This proves that our reading of the fight is correct. It's very interesting to compare watching the two fights, Islam was perfect and was crowned, as for Charles if he avoids the clinch he has good chances in the rematch.

The two fights had similar movement in the first round, however Dariush and Islam's behavior were completely different and this dictated the rhythm of the fight, in both Charles behaved similarly, always advancing and staying on the bottom in grappling interactions, let's analyze :

1- In an interview given by Poirier he mentioned that Charles landed one or two good knees in the clinch that affected his gas, Charles when being interviewed in the post fight with Dariush stated “I landed a good knee at the beginning of the fight and he realized that I hurt him , he felt it and ran out of gas”, if this is true, it certainly compromised Dariush's performance.

2- In grappling interactions it is notorious that Islam is far above average in terms of core strength, he has a very solid trunk, in this regard Islam is superior to Dariush and Dariush is superior to Charles, try to put Islam in the back to the ground from the clinch is a practically impossible task, the best way to achieve this feat would be to go for the legs after a superextension punch.

3- Already on the ground, Dariush tried to make a posture to strike and casually tried to advance by standing up throwing his legs to the side, this gave Charles more freedom to strike and restore his guard, while Islam adopted a more conservative stance in the main. He always projected his weight on Charles, didn't try transitions to advance the guard and preferred to throw punches from close range without wanting to expose himself in transitions.

4- In the standing fight, Islam adopted a patient stance as a counterattack while Dariush looked confused and couldn't find the distance to match forces with Charles.

Charles is a different fighter, he adopts the attack as the best defense, putting the opponent in a difficult choice, or he walks backwards all the time which many say is uncomfortable, or he tries to exchange punches with him, the difference is that if Charles feels a blow he can always voluntarily lie down on the ground to recover.

Charles has already beaten numbers 2, 3, 4, 5 in the ranking, only Islam is missing, if he wants to have more chances in the rematch he will have to improve his strategy.

He says he won't change anything, will he?

He did damn good he got careless and under estimated islams striking..

I dont see where delusional Dagestani fans or khabib fans come from.. islam beat volk in a fight that he lost clearly he had 0 offense for volk and managed to stall an entire round to get a head nod

all charles needs to do is not go a hundred miles an hour non stop ..
Or hel get timed and dropped again.

He doesnt have the tdd of volk idk if anyone comes close but hes got way better submission skills.

Back