Rumored Charles Oliviera vs Arman Tsarukyan

Would fucking love this fight. I honestly think I'd go go with Arman by TKO, shades of his finish against Alvarez. And no, I'm not comparing Joel Alvarez's ground game to Charles, just think it would look similar.

Charles could put him in real trouble on the feet, but you might be right sir.

This fight could be for an interim belt and a dirty trap to fool the winner to fight in Abu Dhabi again.

UFC 299 is already booked, it has a main and a co-mainevent, two titlefights. No more room for a fight on the top. And it is in ten weeks, so it’s starting to get short notice in a few.

UFC 299 isn't fully booked yet. It only has one title fight - O'Malley vs. Vera.
As it stands Burns vs. JDM is the co-main.
Truth be told, this card ain't selling much. JDM is far from a draw at the moment, so putting him in the co-main slot might not help O'Malley's cred.

UFC 299 -
Islam vs. Leon
O'Malley vs. Vera
Blaydes vs. Almeida
Burns vs. JDM
Yan vs. Yadong

-------------
Gamrot vs. RDA
Holland vs. MVP

Edit: Alright this card is a little too stacked. LOL Maybe there isn't room for Islam vs. Leon.
But yeah, there is only one title fight.

UFC 299 isn't fully booked yet. It only has one title fight - O'Malley vs. Vera.
As it stands Burns vs. JDM is the co-main.
Truth be told, this card ain't selling much. JDM is far from a draw at the moment, so putting him in the co-main slot might not help O'Malley's cred.

UFC 299 -
Islam vs. Leon
O'Malley vs. Vera
Blaydes vs. Almeida
Burns vs. JDM
Yan vs. Yadong

-------------
Gamrot vs. RDA
Holland vs. MVP

Edit: Alright this card is a little too stacked. LOL Maybe there isn't room for Islam vs. Leon.
But yeah, there is only one title fight.
I’m quite sure that the UFC wants to test O’Malleys starpower like it or not.
I was supposed to say ”no room for two title fights” don’t know what happened when I edited my comment. :)

Charles won't fight Tsarukyan unless Islam is fighting Leon, just rumours they're spreading trying to force a narrative. Gaethje getting the title shot is just laughable and undeserving compared to Charles. And that's not even a hate, it's just a fact non-dishonest people know.

Islam became a joke nowadays, 2 title defenses against a FW and running away from fighting Charles outside Abu Dhabi because we all know why. Pathetic at least. But that's the champ most of you deserve anyways, once Sherdog is just a "MMA authority" for paid people do their UFC marketing and narratives, not for real fans lol.

Dariush who should be retired eaRight because he didn't earn it

This is subjective. Considering Justin gets MURDERED in title fights, I don't see how this is true. He absolutely sucks at grappling and will be getting submitted without much fuss. Non-competitive fights are not exciting to me.

Poirier is not a meaningful win in todays landscape, he's beaten no one of consequence for years and years.

Justin should not have 3 title shots in 6 fights, that doesn't even need to be explained - its absurd on its face.
And giving a title shot for recently beating old dad bod Dariush seems right to you ? Charles doesn’t want the fight and Tsarukian has one current top 15 win. Any top 10 besides those 2 are fine with me . I just am tired of seeing rematches when there are fresh fights to be made and styles make fights.

Charles won't fight Tsarukyan unless Islam is fighting Leon, just rumours they're spreading trying to force a narrative. Gaethje getting the title shot is just laughable and undeserving compared to Charles. And that's not even a hate, it's just a fact non-dishonest people know.

Islam became a joke nowadays, 2 title defenses against a FW and running away from fighting Charles outside Abu Dhabi because we all know why. Pathetic at least. But that's the champ most of you deserve anyways, once Sherdog is just a "MMA authority" for paid people do their UFC marketing and narratives, not for real fans lol.
Charles WILL fight Tsarukyan because all fighters have a limited shelf life and he is already slightly past prime. Islam is currently in his prime at 2 years younger and Tsarukyan hasn’t even hit his yet and will probably be the future champ. Right now Islam is the best fighter in the world but a year from now it is time to consider retiring. Charles has beaten almost everyone. He will fight Tsarukyan and Gamrot as well before he is done because win or lose Charles is a absolute beast and loves the competition. If Islam wants to rival Charles legacy he needs to beat everyone else just like Charles did and give no rematches (just like Charles.)

Charles WILL fight Tsarukyan because all fighters have a limited shelf life and he is already slightly past prime. Islam is currently in his prime at 2 years younger and Tsarukyan hasn’t even hit his yet and will probably be the future champ. Right now Islam is the best fighter in the world but a year from now it is time to consider retiring. Charles has beaten almost everyone. He will fight Tsarukyan and Gamrot as well before he is done because win or lose Charles is a absolute beast and loves the competition. If Islam wants to rival Charles legacy he needs to beat everyone else just like Charles did and give no rematches (just like Charles.)
Yeah, Charles beating every single top contender is Islam main wet dream. A guy that isn't even champ doing a champ's job, just like Ferguson back in the day. Said no one ever.

Your bar is too low to consider Makhachev the best fighter in the world, but to each their own I guess. The man is pure wolf tickets until now.

Last edited:
Guess they're making for ínterim strap. Also, Makhachev is moving up to face Edwards. Both of the matchups on UFC 300.
What a waste. Welterweight has two top contenders who can fight for a title instead of Islam moving up to fight Edwards

What a waste. Welterweight has two top contenders who can fight for a title instead of Islam moving up to fight Edwards
I agree but I don’t think that match is happening yet. Islam is chasing Khabib’s legacy more than anything and since he can never again be undefeated he is going to try to be a belt collector . He wants Gaethje’s BMF belt to be on the line first then maybe Leon’s but like almost everyone else here I believe you should clean out your own division before the UFC should allow you to try and tie up another division as well.

And giving a title shot for recently beating old dad bod Dariush seems right to you ?

When you are 12-1 in your last 13 fights with a 92% finish rate, and already MURDERED Justin G?

Yes. Obviously yes.

History demands the two best lightweights of this generation fight again.

I agree but I don’t think that match is happening yet. Islam is chasing Khabib’s legacy more than anything and since he can never again be undefeated he is going to try to be a belt collector . He wants Gaethje’s BMF belt to be on the line first then maybe Leon’s but like almost everyone else here I believe you should clean out your own division before the UFC should allow you to try and tie up another division as well.
Yeah that’s true. We has to fight Gaethje on the same card as Oliviera and Arman after he should fight the winner of that match up. Two title defends and he can move to welterweight to challenge for the belt. During that time Edward’s and fight Bilal and Shak. That sounds fair

When you are 12-1 in your last 13 fights with a 92% finish rate, and already MURDERED Justin G?

Yes. Obviously yes.

History demands the two best lightweights of this generation fight again.
Not Charle’s history. He never gives a rematch to anyone but now he is supposed to get one? Double standard much?

Yeah that’s true. We has to fight Gaethje on the same card as Oliviera and Arman after he should fight the winner of that match up. Two title defends and he can move to welterweight to challenge for the belt. During that time Edward’s and fight Bilal and Shak. That sounds fair
It completely makes sense. Half of Sherdog wants a Charlie Olives rematch and the other half Tsarukyan . That is a fresh match and let them sort it out.

Justin getting wrecked in title shots over and over again doesn't really get me excited.

Arman -vs- Justin makes sense.

Rebook Do Bronx, history will be better for it as they are clearly the best of this generation.

Concur.

Don't give two shits about Tsarukyan either.

Oliviera messed up by being an idiot in training, Oliveira doesn’t even deserve a rematch, Gaethje deserves it and it’s better that so we can Makhachev actually have different opponents other than Oliveira and Volkanovski.

Oliveira is only one fight removed from getting wrecked by Makhachev, I think he needs another bout.

Back