Charges dropped for Erdogan bodyguards who assaulted peacefull protesters in Washington

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
11 of the 15 bodyguards have had their charges dropped.

So why did Trump cuck out? What backroom deal did the US gov. make to let these thugs escape US justice.

What good is all the money we spend on defense and diplomatic agendas if foreigners can come here and beat-up American protesters and get away with it. And Turkey is an enemy right now, though not acknowledged as such. They attacked and killed our Kurdish allies in Syria, and the US did nothing but watch.

I thought Trump was America First and going to be tough? He painted Obama as a wimp who got taken. The right painted Obama as apologizing to the world.

Dismissal of Charges Against Erdogan Bodyguards Draws Criticism

Turkish president’s security guards were accused of playing role in beating of protesters in Washington

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dismis...erdogan-bodyguards-draws-criticism-1521758981

And Turkey is an enemy right now, though not acknowledged as such. They attacked and killed our Kurdish allies in Syria, and the US did nothing but watch.
I support the Kurd for the most part but you're being silly if you don't think they Turks have legitimate reason to be fearful of an ascendant Kurdish militancy on their borders regardless of who they're allying with. There's a reason the US abandoned the Kurds this time, we warned them about their little referendum as did basically everyone else and they went ahead with it anyways. I hespect them for it on some level but you gotta pay the price for your actions.

I support the Kurd for the most part but you're being silly if you don't think they Turks have legitimate reason to be fearful of an ascendant Kurdish militancy on their borders regardless of who they're allying with. There's a reason the US abandoned the Kurds this time, we warned them about their little referendum as did basically everyone else and they went ahead with it anyways. I hespect them for it on some level but you gotta pay the price for your actions.

You can say that Iran is being silly to worry about US bellicosity
You can say Egyptians are being silly to worry about their leadership's undemocratic ways
you can say North Korea is silly to worry about US intervention.
You can say the Saudis are silly to worry about the Houthis and Iran.
You can say it is silly of people supportive of the Rohingya to not see the Burmese point of view.

The point is that all sides have their self interests. Ofcourse the Turks do not want an independent Kurdistan, just like the Israelis do not want a strong Iran or the West to sympathize with the Palestinians. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to empathize with the Israelis or the Turks and it does not mean the rest of us are unaware of Turkish reasons for thwarting a Kurdish state. Criticism of Turkish actions and American inaction is not based on what is a legitimate from the Turkish POV, because if that were the case, we can say the Israelis have a legitimate reason to not allow an independent Palestine since that prevents Israelis from stealing more land. We can say the government of Sisi has a legitimate reason to not allow any candidates to contest him, because that might mean Sisi loses.

The US abandoned the Kurds because the US still thinks they need Turkey. But the US government isn't necessarily right in its calculations, just look at Iraq war.

You can say that Iran is being silly to worry about US bellicosity
You can say Egyptians are being silly to worry about their leadership's undemocratic ways
you can say North Korea is silly to worry about US intervention.
You can say the Saudis are silly to worry about the Houthis and Iran.
You can say it is silly of people supportive of the Rohingya to not see the Burmese point of view.

The point is that all sides have their self interests. Ofcourse the Turks do not want an independent Kurdistan, just like the Israelis do not want a strong Iran or the West to sympathize with the Palestinians. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to empathize with the Israelis or the Turks and it does not mean the rest of us are unaware of Turkish reasons for thwarting a Kurdish state. Criticism of Turkish actions and American inaction is not based on what is a legitimate from the Turkish POV, because if that were the case, we can say the Israelis have a legitimate reason to not allow an independent Palestine since that prevents Israelis from stealing more land. We can say the government of Sisi has a legitimate reason to not allow any candidates to contest him, because that might mean Sisi loses.

The US abandoned the Kurds because the US still thinks they need Turkey. But the US government isn't necessarily right in its calculations, just look at Iraq war.
True, I'm not saying we should just accept the Turkish POV but it needs to be understood and to a certain extent I think its legitimate. I support the Palestinians and highly disagree with the Israeli government, especially on the case of the settlements, but the reality is they have a legitimate security concern when it comes to the Palestinians and that has to be considered. And as much as I support the Palestinians sometimes I think they cross the line and hurt their cause and give the Israeli government a legitimate reason for reprisal. The same goes for the Kurds IMO.

So what I'm saying is I don't think its fair to call the Turks our enemy simply because they are resisting the rising Kurdish militancy on their border when they have perfectly legitimate reasons to worry about them.

11 of the 15 bodyguards have had their charges dropped.

So why did Trump cuck out? What backroom deal did the US gov. make to let these thugs escape US justice.

What good is all the money we spend on defense and diplomatic agendas if foreigners can come here and beat-up American protesters and get away with it. And Turkey is an enemy right now, though not acknowledged as such. They attacked and killed our Kurdish allies in Syria, and the US did nothing but watch.

I thought Trump was America First and going to be tough? He painted Obama as a wimp who got taken. The right painted Obama as apologizing to the world.

Dismissal of Charges Against Erdogan Bodyguards Draws Criticism

Turkish president’s security guards were accused of playing role in beating of protesters in Washington

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dismis...erdogan-bodyguards-draws-criticism-1521758981
Fucking disgusting. It's all on video.

So then 4 of 15 bodyguards have charges against them still?

*edit - I don't know what normal ratios of arrests are, but it's rarely a high percentage in any violent altercation.

And yes in the video they look like a bunch of hooligan thugs, not bodyguards.

Here is Mr. "America First" joking chummily with Mohammed bin Salman and bragging about the billions in arms the US is selling to Saudi "15 of 19" Arabia.

I mean....the optics on allowing foreign mercenaries to beat American citizens with impunity is LOL-worthy from a nationalistic "America first" standpoint.

Nothing was going to happen. You're not going to cause a diplomatic row over some protesters getting roughed up.

I mean....the optics on allowing foreign mercenaries to beat American citizens with impunity is LOL-worthy from a nationalistic "America first" standpoint.

What would Trotsky have done, hmmm.

What would Trotsky have done, hmmm.

Not have hosted and bent over for a foreign despot? Instead jailed the bodyguards?

Luckily the ol' lefty wasn't a pansy cuckold like Trump.

By same logic Israel has to fear Hezbollah and should want to destroy them and expel people of West Bank. Turkey is in much stronger position than Israel in land size and power.

Not have hosted and bent over for a foreign despot? Instead jailed the bodyguards?

Luckily the ol' lefty wasn't a pansy cuckold like Trump.

Probably would've starved them to death in prison is my bet.

By same logic Israel has to fear Hezbollah and should want to destroy them and expel people of West Bank. Turkey is in much stronger position than Israel in land size and power.
What? I never said I supported the Turks wiping out the Kurds. Actually when others here talk about how great Turkey was before the AKP I like to remind them of the thousands of forced disappearances of Kurds in the 90s at the hand so of the Turkish military. So I don't support oppression of the Kurds.

And in the case of Hezbollah they're not a major threat beyond the Israel-Lebanon border while Israel has proven itself to be a threat to all of Lebanon over and over and they constantly remind the Lebanese of this through threats. Also Israel has nukes while Turkey does not and the Turkish military is weakened by Erdogan's purge so Israel is in fact stronger than Turkey.

But yes, despite all that Israel does have a legitimate reason to fear Hezbollah and Hezbollah does provoke them through kidnappings of soldiers so I wouldn't pretend that Israel is always the bad guy in their skirmishes into Lebanon.

Here is Mr. "America First" joking chummily with Mohammed bin Salman and bragging about the billions in arms the US is selling to Saudi "15 of 19" Arabia.
This made me lol and then it made me sad...

Nothing was going to happen. You're not going to cause a diplomatic row over some protesters getting roughed up.

Or... They caused a diplomatic row by attacking america.

You fine with foreign soldiers coming to america and attacking people?

Or... They caused a diplomatic row by attacking america.

You fine with foreign soldiers coming to america and attacking people?
I'm not fine with it, but worse crimes have been committed and over-looked under the cover of diplomatic immunity. Not to mention US doesn't want to set a precedent where Secret Service can be arrested if they break a law while protecting the President. This was handled through diplomatic backrooms.

I sure as fuck would. It's called protecting your citizens on their home fucking soil from foreigners and that's why he have the federal government to begin with.

Whoever decided this should be removed. That's my gut vibe anyway. :cool:

Back