Chandler Hesitant?

Narddawg

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Why does it seem like Michael chandler doesn’t want to fight Primus? He almost beat him hobbled on 1 leg. You’d think he’d want to go in there and avenge the loss and recapture his title, but it seems like he’s not interested in the fight.

My theory, that I just came up with, is that Chandler wants to fight out his contract, keep winning, and leave for the UFC without a champion clause getting in the way. Anyone have any theories?

From what Chandler has said in the past, he has asked for the rematch for many months and Bellator wants it too. He makes it sound like there is some breakdown that keeps happening (kinda sounds like Primus doesn't want to defend?)

Idk, it is very weird

Doesn't Primus fight really infrequently?

Maybe Chandler was trying to rush things and Primus wants to sit out for awhile. Chandler is probably one of the better paid guys in Bellator he'd want to fight frequently.

Its possible though, he'd probably get a good push from the UFC and sees where its gotten Alvarez who he beat before.

I don't know many 'awesome' fights for him at WW in Bellator, Koreshkov?? But even that is kind of meh. Rather see him stay at LW. Sounds like hes pushing for money fights.

I was thinking the same thing, OP. During the post fight interview, he mentioned wanting to cement his legacy and maybe retiring soon. I think he may want to do big fights (non title) in Bellator then go to UFC to test himself with their talent before retiring.

He’s just not acknowledging Primus as champ or as a worthy opponent. The whole “who?” thing and basically implying the LW title means nothing if Primus has it for doing nothing. I think that’s the vibe he’s putting out. Fighting Primus is a waste of time and he’ll either wait for a fighter he respects to inevitably beat Primus or he’ll be a good soldier and waste a camp to get what’s already his.

I don’t blame him tbh. Primus talked a big game after the fight when everybody saw Chandler simply take a bad step. Everybody saw Chandler proceed to kick his ass with a bum leg before the Ref stopped it.

I think op is looking too far into it.

Chandler doesn’t want to mention primus’ name because he feels that primus doesn’t deserve it. Chandler has some very healthy relationships with sponsors. Idk if a jump to the ufc would mean losing sponsors, but he wouldn’t be doing himself any favors.

Chandler was also used to market Bellator to CMT. Bellator 192 was aired on paramount and cmt. Bellator is taking good care of chandler. His sponsors are taking good care of him as well. I think he stays with bmma.

Back