CBD Oil is the Truth

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by biscuitsbrah, Feb 22, 2018.

1. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Black Belt

For those of you who are unaware of CBD oil, this stuff is amazing for head trauma and injuries. It also has a host of other benefits such as bone growth along with neuroprotection etc.
    It works perfect for combat sports athletes, athletes in general, and for those with health issues.

Here’s Chris Camozzi talking about his experience with CBD.

I wouldn’t buy his brand though.
    I would go to these vetted companies by cbd reddit.

Anyone have experience with CBD?

Badger67 and ctrlaltdelete like this.
  2. Hotora86

Hotora86 by armbar

3. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  4. fluffball

fluffball Brown Belt

A quick google didn't provide any reputable sources for anything you mentioned (or anything else really). Pot does some neat stuff, but for the love of god provide a better source than fuckin' Chris Carmozzi.

5. Spaghetta

Spaghetta Taps too early

I really haven't seen much hard science for CBD and head trauma. I have a concussion currently and it's been recommended to me by people I train with but I have a hard time taking their advice over medical professionals.

fluffball likes this.
  6. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Special Belt

"without the high"

<31>

Paradigm and DrawK like this.
  7. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Special Belt

honestly, medical professionals are not good at the less important things, like time to recovery, or what you should and shouldn't consume for particular conditions.

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  8. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Black Belt

Badger67 likes this.
  9. fluffball

fluffball Brown Belt

10. shincheckin

shincheckin Purple Belt

I have been smoking weed since I was a child. I was introduced to it at a very young age.

The whole medical marijuana movement was just a "trojan horse" to try and get it legalized. Everyone at the dispensary is buying weed to get high, not for medical purposes, although their "rec" may state otherwise.

There are medicinal benefits in marijuana, such as the children with epilepsy. but for the most part everyone is just using it to get high and alot of the other medicinal uses claimed out there are just nonsense IMO. I have used CBD oil, I didnt feel it do anything for me at all.

The future may hold more medicinal benefits but for the most part, weed IMO should basically be looked at as alcohol, meaning its for recreation. Sure a glass of wine is good for your heart, but people are drinking to get drunk, not for their heart.

Ryukyu Damashi and fluffball like this.
  11. Sano

Sano Black Belt

We're talking about CBD oil though, excluding THC or any other psychoactives. You don't get high from it.

I'm totally on board with you that there's a lot of bogus claims about the healing powers of weed. It's not a wonder drugs and can lead to a lot of shit and negative side effects. Fucked me up pretty good (I used to smoke daily for 7-8 years, was a druggie basicly).

With that said, there's pretty substantial evidence to show a link between CBD and the bodies cannabinoid receptors, both CB1 and CB1 receptors, which are highly important in a) the immune system and b) neurons. It's not entirely understood, but more and more research is showing that CBD can have a positive effect on autoimmune diseases, or other inflammatory states, and assist in neurological repair both centrally and peripherally. It also seems to be the antagonist to THC's psychoactive effect, and has a much more calming effect, even stimulating serotonin production. Has helped curb anxiety, psychosis and schizo symptoms in some RCT and case studies (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23108553/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718203/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20829306). It's quite promising actually, although more research is needed.

I've been told that there's a difference between vetted CBD brands and those that are not, and even though I have completely sworn off everything with TCH in in, or anything that gets me high otherwise in one way or the other (except alhocol), I'm serious thinking about trying a good brand of CBD to see if it helps alleviate some of the PCS symptoms.

12. shincheckin

shincheckin Purple Belt

yeah i pretty much agree, theres medicinal benefits and many more uses may be found in the future because of its legality and scientists can study it more etc etc. I tried cbd oil on a swollen elbow, I didnt feel that it did anything for me.

Sano likes this.
  13. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Arrow sash belt with Lederhosen

14. Replay19

Replay19 Orange Belt

Weed is the shit I love it. I train when I'm high, I spar when I'm high. I workout when I'm high. Weed is life!

15. shincheckin

shincheckin Purple Belt

I like THClear and the other live resins with terpenes

16. robbyfine

robbyfine White Belt

Cannabis oil is a perfect solution for dealing with head trauma and injuries. It is really working for people who have pain management needs. I personally know 2 guys who use marijuana to treat their pain/spasms.

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  17. Playswellwithlawndarts

Playswellwithlawndarts Jack of all trades Master of Some

How do I get all the health benefits but with the high I’m asking for a friend of a friend.

shincheckin likes this.
  18. TheWobbler

TheWobbler Brown Belt

How much does CBD oil cost in the states because in england is a fucking rip off. Might as well smoke weed.

19. eternaldarkness

eternaldarkness Brown Belt

20. robbyfine

robbyfine White Belt

It's true, CBD oil is just perfect for head trauma and injuries. Also it helps to beat depression and severe anxiety. You can find more info on CBD oil, including side effects on CBD Canada website

biscuitsbrah likes this.