Carpentry and Woodworking Brahs GTFIH

Will do once I get a consensus or just make up my own damn mind, lol.

QONVIyz.gif

Go wall mounted bud

Edit*
Are you trying to do something like this, or a "Murphy style" bed?
6932035f0ccc3fab971a0be40e346b59--bed-ideas-bedroom-ideas.jpg

Build the whole fucking thing out of Simpson strong ties... You should hardly even use any wood. That'll be sick.

nav-flyout-connector-500sq.jpg

All I've made for my kiddo is an easel and a sandbox with fold out bench seats.

If you dont know how to engineer it its not gonna be safe.

Rely on good plans, and your still gonna end up making something that cost you 500$

Just buy the thijng at ikea

Perchance are thine daughters married to the sea?
20840946_2004694443094790_3072614766353579270_n.jpg

Didn't Adam Corolla build a bunk bed on his show in one of the early episodes?

I wouldn't waste my time. I also rather not take the risk even if I have plans to follow. You could also hack an ikea bed as well. People hack ikea furniture all the time. At the end their just kids and could care less. Just let them sleep on a futon on the floor

Well mounted not as good for resale or if they like to rearrange their room

They are female and they will want to rearrange the room every month so freestanding is probably better.

Last edited:
@FyrFytr998 what did you end up doing?

Lol, nothing. The daughters talked the old lady back into the IKEA beds, but not the ones I picked. No, they went for the more expensive ones. And the wife being the number cruncher she is tallied up the total costs and found out that building and buying would have been a wash. So the kids went for style over substance.

Still got new tools for myself and am currently getting ready to build a new over the fridge cabinet when I'm done assembling this IKEA stuff. There are also a ton of other things I can build for myself. Screw'em I'll do me instead, lol.

Thanks for all the input though my dudes.

Back