Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ben turns out to be a Herr Kleiser type of villain, then I know for sure Marvel read my plot outline.

RwLCYvB.jpg

Hopefully they'll utilize him more than fucking Rogue One did...Mendelsohn's a boss

I gotta be honest, Captain Marvel confuses the fuck out of me.

Isn't there a DC character by that name too?

If Ben turns out to be a Herr Kleiser type of villain, then I know for sure Marvel read my plot outline.

Ob56y5U.jpg
I would suggest it would negligent in todays day and age for writers to not read the DL' plot outlines and casting suggestions along with many other sites for ideas.

I gotta be honest, Captain Marvel confuses the fuck out of me.

Isn't there a DC character by that name too?
Yep, there's a DC character named Captain Marvel before. Read the article below on the history on how the Captain Marvel name ended up with Marvel Comics.

Update: June 3, 2016

How the CAPTAIN MARVEL Name Ended Up With Marvel Comics

RJ90WVV.jpg

Marvel has officially published stories featuring seven — count ’em, seven — versions of Captain Marvel, and that’s not even counting any of the various alternate-universe incarnations. Why so many iterations? Well, basically, Marvel will lose its trademark on the name “Captain Marvel” if the company doesn’t publish a comic with that title every few years. But even then, why couldn’t they trot out the same version of the character every odd-numbered year or something? Because since the death of the original Captain Marvel in 1982, Marvel hasn’t had a Captain Marvel with staying power.

Until now. Carol Danvers has been a part of the Marvel Universe for nearly as long as the original Mar-Vell. She debuted in 1968, just a few months after Mar-Vell’s first appearance in late 1967. Though she’s had a few other names over the years (Binary and Warbird), Danvers has spent most of the past 35 years with the name “Ms. Marvel.”

Her DNA melded with with the original Captain Marvel’s after the accidental overloading of a Kree matter-shaping weapon, and she ended up with Kree-like powers. You can’t get powers in a more Marvel-like way, really.

But let’s talk about the weird story of how Marvel ended up with a character named Captain Marvel to begin with. Oddly enough, it’s because of DC Comics. In 1941, DC sued Fawcett Comics over that company’s Captain Marvel character (the one who said, “SHAZAM!”) claiming that he infringed on DC’s Superman copyright. The case dragged on for years, with Fawcett continuing to publish their Captain Marvel comics throughout. Finally, in 1952, the U.S. Court of Appeals ruled that Captain Marvel was indeed a Superman rip-off. It also found DC hadn’t done the due diligence to uphold its Superman copyright, which meant the court couldn’t actually stop Fawcett from publishing the comics.

Even so, sales of superhero comics were taking a nosedive in the early 1950s, and Fawcett wasn’t interested in paying for further court proceedings. The company settled out of court with DC and opted to cease publication of not just Captain Marvel, but all of its superhero books.

The name Captain Marvel was available, and by the time Marvel Comics was really taking off in the mid-1960s, it was in the company’s interest to snatch up any name with “Marvel” in it. So they trademarked it. Marvel didn’t actually publish a Captain Marvel comic, however, until DC made some noise about bringing back the Fawcett character, which they’d licensed. DC just couldn’t call the book Captain Marvel or advertise the name, hence the Shazam! title.

That’s how both companies could have characters named Captain Marvel, and it put Marvel in a peculiar predicament: Copyrights last for decades upon decades, but trademarks lapse if their owners don’t use them, which meant Marvel had to keep putting out a book with the title Captain Marvel every once in a while or risk the mark expiring, which would surely result in DC publishing a Captain Marvel comic (as opposed to a Shazam! comic).

The Messed-Up History Of Marvel’s ‘Captain Marvel’ And Why It Doesn’t Matter

I would suggest it would negligent in todays day and age for writers to not read the DL' plot outlines and casting suggestions along with many other sites for ideas.
If they did use my plot outline, I can't blame them for using it since I messaged them (Feige, Brie, the CM writers and directors) a link to my Captain Marvel Movie Adaptation thread many months ago.

Update: October 24, 2017

ROGUE ONE's Ben Mendelsohn in Talks for the Villain in CAPTAIN MARVEL

HUfkXeR.jpg

Captain Marvel directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are in talks with their Mississippi Grind star Ben Mendelsohn for the superhero film’s villain.

Mendelsohn would play the film’s main antagonist, which would likely be the leader of the Skrulls. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige teased earlier this year that the aliens would be featured in the film. Brie Larson is set to star in title role with Kevin Feige producing.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script with Inside Out scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury. The pic is expected to bow on March 8, 2019.

Fleck and Boden had Mendelsohn in mind when they first started plotting the story and once the two sides were able to meet, Mendelsohn quickly agreed to pursue the role.

Mendelsohn has been slowly becoming a go-to villain in Hollywood following his role in Star Wars standalone film Rogue One and the upcoming Robin Hood: Origins, where he portrays the Sheriff of Nottingham. Mendelsohn has also shined on TV, winning an Emmy for playing the black sheep of the family on Netflix’s Bloodline. Mendelsohn can be seen next in Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One.

'Rogue One' Star Ben Mendelsohn Eyed for Villain Role in ‘Captain Marvel’ (Exclusive)

He could be a Skrull, but he could just as easily be a Kree. The Kree in the MCU are real assholes.

If they did use my plot outline, I can't blame them for using it since I messaged them (Feige, Brie, the CM writers and directors) a link to my Captain Marvel Movie Adaptation thread many months ago.

Why dont you charge them royalties?

Why dont you charge them royalties?
Even though there are elements that are similar, it's not proven yet that it's based on my plot outline. And I don't think I am in any position to demand anything since it's just a plot outline.

Solid casting decision there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back