Canelo with lowkicks would make a great k1/glory style kickboxer.

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Just image a solid deep lowkick at the end of his creative and heavy punching combination.

<{jackyeah}>

If he spent time on kickboxing, his boxing skill would never be near what it is now.

I can tell you as the cousin of a top 15 pro boxer that not all of them can handle kicks. My cousin feels theres too many dimensions to keep track of and not imagine himself kickboxing.

I can tell you as the cousin of a top 15 pro boxer that not all of them can handle kicks. My cousin feels theres too many dimensions to keep track of and not imagine himself kickboxing.
I agree, im a kickboxing guy but when i imagine boxers making the transition to kickboxing i don't see how they'd do it. More complex shit comes into play when you stir in kicks in terms of offense and especially defense since they gotta worry about telegraphing kicks to block it while their use to only focusing on the opponents arms and torso.

I agree, im a kickboxing guy but when i imagine boxers making the transition to kickboxing i don't see how they'd do it. More complex shit comes into play when you stir in kicks in terms of offense and especially defense since they gotta worry about telegraphing kicks to block it while their use to only focusing on the opponents arms and torso.

I emphasize the word "some"....

Last edited:
Just image a solid deep lowkick at the end of his creative and heavy punching combination.

<{jackyeah}>

Or how about a high kick?

pedo-face-o.gif

I don't get the feeling Canelo would neccesarily make the best transition of the world class boxers into some form of Kickboxing. But hey, just my feeling.

Back