News Canelo vs Munguia May 4th PBC AMAZON PRIME PPV

It was kind of the other way around, really. GB would have sunk if not for Canelo. Everyone abandoned him for PBC.

They both helped each other out. Canelo is a great fighter now but he wasn't always great. And he benefitted from many close decisions and got favorable match-ups because he had the promotional muscle behind him. Without that push, I'm not sure he would be half the fighter he is today.

They both helped each other out. Canelo is a great fighter now but he wasn't always great. And he benefitted from many close decisions and got favorable match-ups because he had the promotional muscle behind him. Without that push, I'm not sure he would be half the fighter he is today.
Fair enough, though for quite a time, Canelo was their Golden Boy.

De la Hoya is doing great as a promoter here. He didn't even say anything that offensive. Canelo is one of the best fighters of the last 25 years but also a thin-skinned, petty narcissist.

I would absolutely love it in Munguia beats him by UD in a war of attrition, but Canelo is basically unknockoutable and will never lose a UD in a close fight--the man had a majority decision loss after getting embarrassed by Mayweather and a 115-113 loss to Bivol who arguably won every round after the first.

In short, Canelo can't really lose this fight. We've seen fighters age overnight but this would easily be the upset of the year--maybe the decade, if Jaime pulls this off.

De la Hoya is doing great as a promoter here. He didn't even say anything that offensive. Canelo is one of the best fighters of the last 25 years but also a thin-skinned, petty narcissist.

I would absolutely love it in Munguia beats him by UD in a war of attrition, but Canelo is basically unknockoutable and will never lose a UD in a close fight--the man had a majority decision loss after getting embarrassed by Mayweather and a 115-113 loss to Bivol who arguably won every round after the first.

In short, Canelo can't really lose this fight. We've seen fighters age overnight but this would easily be the upset of the year--maybe the decade, if Jaime pulls this off.
It's not really what he said it's how he said it. Look canelo straight in the eyes and cursed at him, basically tried to punk him in front of everybody. Many boxers would get mad about that

It's not really what he said it's how he said it. Look canelo straight in the eyes and cursed at him, basically tried to punk him in front of everybody. Many boxers would get mad about that

It's honestly not that bad. Yes DLH took a shot but this is boxing and Canelo comes across as a self-important diva.

They should have a camera by each judge, so that you can see what they see, from their view point.
And Canelos lost fights. He can lose fights and very well could lose this one.

Different angle.

I have always maintained GBP did a good job with Canelo. They made GGG age a bit before having Canelo fight him, and let's face it probably bribed the judges for the first fight's draw.

I think Canelo got pissed at GBP for protecting him too much in those big bouts, he wanted to respond to every challenge but GBP wanted to ensure their cash cow was never threatened.

Pretty reasonable odds IMO.

Moneyline

• Canelo Alvarez: -525
  • Jaime Munguia: +380

Last edited:
Oscar vs Canelo. Chicano vs Mexicano. It would likely sell millions of PPVs. This is the fight that boxing so desperately needs. Munguia can fight the winner. Ideally.

i was browsing around reading about the press conference and there was one comment that i saw somewhere that really made me crack up. paraphrasing here.

apparently Canelo, when he went up to the podium and was speaking in Spanish, said that Oscar kept getting all of his kitchen staff sick because he wouldnt stop shoving utensils up his ass
<lol><lol><lol>

can anyone who speaks Spanish well confirm this? because that is goddamned hilarious if thats what he really said.

i was browsing around reading about the press conference and there was one comment that i saw somewhere that really made me crack up. paraphrasing here.

apparently Canelo, when he went up to the podium and was speaking in Spanish, said that Oscar kept getting all of his kitchen staff sick because he wouldnt stop shoving utensils up his ass
<lol><lol><lol>

can anyone who speaks Spanish well confirm this? because that is goddamned hilarious if thats what he really said.
Youtube will translate the subtitles, so you can generally hear what he said. The translation said something like he [Oscar] was taking credit from the fighters and is also taking credit from the utensil makers as they don't know whether they are making dildos or kitchenware. Something like that--but yes, he went there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back