Canelo accounted for 94% of Golden Boy 2015 income and 107% for 2016

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Without Canelo, GBP is worth less than nothing.

Well, put down the Haterade, first. We don't know the total. And even if we do, I'm not interested in hearing it. Anyway, many promoters have laid claim to a golden goose and reaped the rewards. Is normal.

Canelo made them more money than they made? Damn. Testament.

I thought it was pretty obvious that GB was a sinking ship.

So Canelo Promotions ?

Anyhoo seems that there is s power struggle and media agenda sides have been picked

Can't wait to see the aftermath

So Canelo Promotions ?

Anyhoo seems that there is s power struggle and media agenda sides have been picked

Can't wait to see the aftermath

107%? How does that even make sense

Simple

Here's an Example of how it would work:

Canelo accounted for: $10M

Rest of GBP: loss of $1M

GBP net revenue: 10-1 = $9M

10 / 9 = 111%

Here are more specifics by Paul Gift: More info available on BloodyElbow.

In 2015, Canelo was far and away Golden Boy’s most profitable fighter, earning the promotion income of $4,415,306 according to Deetz’s spreadsheet. Golden Boy’s second most profitable fighter that year, Luiz Ortiz, brought in a comparatively paltry $307,309. The first half of 2016 was similar with Canelo earning Golden Boy income of $2,988,256, Amir Khan earning the promotion $449,046, Francisco Vargas making them $238,250, and every other fighter earning Golden Boy income of $61,000 or less. And most boxers on Golden Boy’s roster are money losers. In the first half of 2016, Golden Boy earned negative net income on 142 of 155 boxers (91.6%). Only 13 of 155 boxers (8.4%) made Golden Boy positive net income.

Deetz’s numbers reveal just how incredibly valuable Canelo Alvarez might be to Golden Boy’s bottom line. From 2014 through the first half of 2016, it appears that Golden Boy had combined income from boxing operations of $16,321,659 and Canelo accounted for 10,460,885 of it, or 64.1%. But even this doesn’t reveal the true extent of Golden Boy’s reliance on Canelo since it also appears that Mayweather made the promotion over $2 million in 2014. After Mayweather split with Golden Boy and Haymon bought out his boxers, Canelo accounted for 94% of Golden Boy’s income from boxing operations in 2015 and 107% in the first half of 2016, according to Bloody Elbow’s calculations of financial records in the Deetz’s report.

The GGG ducking makes a whole heap of sense, I didn't realise GB was so reliant on d Ginger.

Simple

Here's an Example of how it would work:

Canelo accounted for: $10M

Rest of GBP: loss of $1M

GBP net revenue: 10-1 = $9M

10 / 9 = 111%

Here are more specifics by Paul Gift: More info available on BloodyElbow.
Dumbass maths is dumb. Unless you're saying literally no one else made any money.

Besides just outright not giving a shit about this worthless thread, I will point out that this is false and does not account for everything in Golden Boys revenue.

Dumbass maths is dumb. Unless you're saying literally no one else made any money.
You never heard of a diverse business having profit in one category and losing in another?

Besides just outright not giving a shit about this worthless thread, I will point out that this is false and does not account for everything in Golden Boys revenue.
Any elaboration?

I don't doubt that you're right, but I don't know the business. If they are not publicly traded I wonder how bloody elbow or any other source would know their financial numbers.

You never heard of a diverse business having profit in one category and losing in another?
The percentages is what is in question

Can you say with 100 percent fact th numbers at accurate

Or ask 7 friends and if some vary in percentage maybe 140 percent accuracy

Oh shit, I'm an accountant and I've never heard of this. Tell me that all the other fighters made nothing and when you realise you're wrong revise your figures sweetie.

what is even more fucked up is that Floyd and Haymon wanted to buy Golden Boy Promotions for 100 million just 2 years ago.

It appears that Haymon Holdings may have been known as KO Holdings in the past when it made a “hundred million dollar purchase” attempt of Golden Boy, according to deposition questioning of Haymon. It seems the deal fell apart due to the inability of the parties to agree on certain covenants, which may have included a non-compete clause for Oscar De La Hoya.

source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...olden-boy-summary-judgment-motion-boxing-news

Back