Cancer sucks.

Ha. Very possible since cancer seems so prevalent. There's probably a lot of things I've said or done or will have said or done that one day I'll regret.

#noregerts
At least be aware of how ignorant to all of this that you are and kindly see yourself out. You're not doing yourself any favors with your nonchalant attitude in a thread that's pretty serious.

giphy.gif
<Goldie11>

At least be aware of how ignorant to all of this that you are and kindly see yourself out. You're not doing yourself any favors with your nonchalant attitude in a thread that's pretty serious.

I was done after my first comment. However, I find it impolite to not respond to a quote of what I previously said. I understand your opinion and I have no problem leaving this thread as I have done each time I responded. I shall see myself out once again. I hope you have a good rest of your day.

just spent the last 10 months dealing with prostate cancer.
it ain't no joke.

Lost my aunt who was middle aged in the prime of her legislative career to brain cancer right after her mother, my grandmother died of breast cancer.

Life is a lottery but many cancers result from lifestyle choices. Live a healthy life and take care of yourself. Limit the red meat, don't be too sedentary, drink lots of water and don't forget to eat lots of veggies daily!

Edit: also don't be a dummy and be sure to protect yourself properly from the sun.

Last edited:
I was done after my first comment. However, I find it impolite to not respond to a quote of what I previously said. I understand your opinion and I have no problem leaving this thread as I have done each time I responded. I shall see myself out once again. I hope you have a good rest of your day.

Nothing to be ashamed of. You have never expirenced someone with cancer. Can't knock a person who doesn't know. But as you have read cancer sucks, it's painful and draining, it takes a toll not just for the person but also all that are connected.

Watched my father suffer for 2 years with lung cancer. He went through chemo but it just spread to his brain and took him out. The treatment is worse than the disease at times. I'm sure he knew his chances were slim but what do you do with a young family other than fight.

Just wait until you lose the most important person in your life to cancer.

Yep it does, father passed away at 62 and it killed me. I worry that I may get it, he was a
Smoker, back in the days when parents smoked everywhere, in the car with windows rolled up. I never smoked, but just worry that he kick started me into that path

just spent the last 10 months dealing with prostate cancer.
it ain't no joke.

Are you in remission?

I've done 2 chemo treatments so far, 4 more to go. I have non-hodgkins lymphoma

Even when cancer doesn't kill you, the treatment can. My mother survived uterine cancer but died 10 years later when her liver and kidneys failed.

had both internal and external beam radiation.
so far all indicators are good.
I have to check every three months.
good luck, bro. @Sebchenier

Are you in remission?

I've done 2 chemo treatments so far, 4 more to go. I have non-hodgkins lymphoma
How’s it going man?

Have been waiting to see your thread get updated. Hoping all is well with you.

My aunt who just turned 50 was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last year. She’s never touched a cigarette her entire life, rarely ever drank, ate a healthy diet and was an avid cyclist and swimmer.

In October she was rushed to hospital due to a severe headache which caused her to lose consciousness. They ended up finding cancer in her brain. They’ve given her 8 to 10 months left.

Even when cancer doesn't kill you, the treatment can. My mother survived uterine cancer but died 10 years later when her liver and kidneys failed.

Mom died in March from Leukemia. Sat with her as she died, but she never felt sorry for herself. Taught me a lot. My sympathies to you, man.

How’s it going man?

Have been waiting to see your thread get updated. Hoping all is well with you.

Yeah I suppose I should get to that at some point lol

My initial cancer symptoms haven't come back since starting my chemo. My LDH levels in my blood are back to normal. It relates to the presence of enzymes released after cells die. The higher the number, the more cells being killed in your body. I was at 2800 when I was first hospitalized and now they are at 200-300.

Chemo is the worst. Side effects suck even though I'm considered to be tolerating treatment very well by all accounts. There is no escaping feeling like crap and losing hair. But I bounce back fast.

So all in all I seem to be doing well clinically. Physically I feel great overall. Mentally as well but I do have moments.

The biggest battle is mental in my case. My prognosis is good but it's still a roll of the dice, ya know? It's crazy when I stop and think about it so I try not to think about it.

Back