Can you determine if you have a glassjaw if you get a headach by litely taping chin

Hailow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Because atm, every time i do this i feel like my brain kinda bounce back and fourth a little. And i get a headach if i do this repeatively.

I be dam if i have a glassjaw, idk what i'll do.Because i want to be a fighter with tough Chin.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it means you have a glass jaw.

Something's probably wrong with your brain...

Because atm, every time i do this i feel like my brain kinda bounce back and fourth a little. And i get a headach if i do this repeatively.

I be dam if i have a glassjaw, idk what i'll do.Because i want to be a fighter with tough Chin.

sparr in your gym, you'll find out after you eat a right hand.

Stop hitting yourself, Stop hitting yourself

Maybe your sparring with little gloves,maybe your neck isnt strong enough,do u wear headgear,how long are u training,are u scared....there is a lot of factor here.
Doesnt mean u have a glass chin.
And yea stop hitting yourself on the chin u idiot...:)

Last edited:
The chin is a button for 99% of fighters because there are nerves behind it. Always protect your chin, it doesn't matter who you are if you get caught square on the chin, you're more likely going down or at least getting staggered so keep it tucked. Ortiz has a pretty good chin and Floyd isn't the most powerful puncher, but noticed when he two pieced Ortiz square on the chin, even Ortiz couldn't get up. The fighters who are known to have great chins usually aren't really getting caught square on the chin, but rather they keep their chin tucked and are getting caught on the head, as in the upper lip and above (not the temple though). They have a hard head and or good recovery rather than a iron chin. When you keep your chin tucked and your guard up, even if you get hit on the chin your body can absorb some of the impact so it can look like the fighter has an iron chin. Also, there really is an art to getting hit. Good fighters know how to roll with the punches so that they don't feel the full force of the punch. Don't get hit in the temple and don't get hit in the chin. Now if you can't handle getting hit with your guard up and your chin tucked, better work on your defense. This is boxing, it's hit and don't get hit, not a Rocky movie.

Last edited:
The object is to not be hit and to strike your opponent, not yourself.
Just FYI.
Start with the basics, IMO.

Aye, i understand.
But sigh, it's depressing to think anyone can knock you out with just one clean shot.
Even a pussy who can simply sucker punch you, i would hate that to happen to me, anybody besides a coward.

Aye, i understand.
But sigh, it's depressing to think anyone can knock you out with just one clean shot.
Even a pussy who can simply sucker punch you, i would hate that to happen to me, anybody besides a coward.

I'd pay to listen to this guy muse about nothing... lol

Aye, i understand.

Of all the things that are wrong with the world this is what depresses you?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And forget everyone having a weak jaw....All someone needs to do is be a bitch and kick you in the balls and your fucked.

The chin is a button for 99% of fighters because there are nerves behind it. Always protect your chin, it doesn't matter who you are if you get caught square on the chin, you're more likely going down or at least getting staggered so keep it tucked. Ortiz has a pretty good chin and Floyd isn't the most powerful puncher, but noticed when he two pieced Ortiz square on the chin, even Ortiz couldn't get up. The fighters who are known to have great chins usually aren't really getting caught square on the chin, but rather they keep their chin tucked and are getting caught on the head, as in the upper lip and above (not the temple though). They have a hard head and or good recovery rather than a iron chin. When you keep your chin tucked and your guard up, even if you get hit on the chin your body can absorb some of the impact so it can look like the fighter has an iron chin. Also, there really is an art to getting hit. Good fighters know how to roll with the punches so that they don't feel the full force of the punch. Don't get hit in the temple and don't get hit in the chin. Now if you can't handle getting hit with your guard up and your chin tucked, better work on your defense. This is boxing, it's hit and don't get hit, not a Rocky movie.

This guy broke it down perfectly.

I have the exact same symptoms. Feels like if brain is loose in the head and isn't holding on to anything. Headache starts in the top rear of my head. A team of mayo clinic doctors determined spinal fluid went up to my brain/head when I was a baby. No surgery required. But it does make me wonder if I get in a street fight if I'd get ktfo easily.

I have the exact same symptoms. Feels like if brain is loose in the head and isn't holding on to anything. Headache starts in the top rear of my head. A team of mayo clinic doctors determined spinal fluid went up to my brain/head when I was a baby. No surgery required. But it does make me wonder if I get in a street fight if I'd get ktfo easily.

wouldn't that be more cushioning if you got extra fluid in there?

That doesnt mean anything. I dont get a headache but I get sorta rattled when I hit mine before but I've never been rocked when actually sparring or fighting. Alot of it is psychological. Your focusing on how much it hurts or how wobbled you get when you do it yourself. You just gotta relax and not think about it that much; punches dont hurt nearly as bad if you can just shake them off and not be fearful and worry about each punch so much.

Back