Can we Finally Cut Anthony Smith?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Smith almost got a title shot off some BS but dude has no heart. Dudes nickname is literally Lion Heart but is the opposite. In the Glover fight he clearly attempted to get his corner to stop it "he knocked my teeth out." Dude wanted out. Now he gets rocked and turtles into a ball. He should be PFL bound but the UFC likes him for some reason. I'm guessing he gets Cutalabba next to save his job.

Special thanks to @KazDibiase

giphy-downsized-large.gif

He is a veteran but watching him just hurts sometimes, no determination, no heart no nothing
All he seems to do nowadays is talking about how other guys are not as good while he is slowly becoming a bum himself

Ps. I have not seen his fight vs Rountree yrt

Smith almost got a title shot off some BS but dude has no heart. Dudes nickname is literally Lion Heart but is the opposite. In the Glover fight he clearly attempted to get his corner to stop it "he knocked my teeth out." Dude wanted out. Now he gets rocked and turtles into a ball. He should be PFL bound but the UFC likes him for some reason. I'm guessing he gets Cutalabba next to save his job.
You're just a hater and a moron for saying he has no heart, he literally has tons but he's just not very good and gets beat to shit. He's tough as fuck as well but again that's actually working against him bc he's taking punishment he shouldn't be. He's not a terrible fighter but he's not great either and the punishment is absolutely racking up and taking it's toll and I really think he should retire while he's able to eat more than just soup.

Honestly, watching Smith fight is like watching Tony Ferguson fight these days.

They both are just in there taking life altering damage with almost zero chance of winning.

Also, I LOL'd when Sanko did her best sugarcoat job on calling him a gatekeeper without using that term, specifically.

He did fought for the title, got beat up, he seems to try his best but he isnt that great or his cardio/body just cant cut it anymore, i believe he might need to retire, he had a LOT of fights.

I was hoping for this thread. Not because I think a forum can dictate retirement, but for sure I don't enjoy watching him fight. He has a half decent skill set which keeps him dangerous enough but his risk taking (to make openings) is so small that it leaves the bouts looking hollow.

He was out on his feet in the second but Khalil was being merciful (or spiteful). Yesterday probably left a splodge on his brain capacity (no humour). He is intelligent but believes more in himself that he demonstrates.

I mean you could...but he was very much in the fight last night...and he didnt purposely curl up....

He got bombed on with a sick fast combo from khaillee .. that combo would of done in alot of LHWs...

Sometimes people are way too hard on fighters without fully understanding what the fuck is happening in there...

Smith didnt quit last night he got starched ..

That said he lost and whenever that happens and your getting older...you could be cut

He is 12-8 in UFC
He has 11 finishes out of 12 wins
He mostly lost to top guys like Jones, Glover, Rakic, Ank, Santos

But I assume the big problem is that he has no heart, unlike the other 99.99% UFC fighters who have big hearts and always go for the kill and don't wait for a boring decision from the judges...

Sherdog at its finest!

No, I am not a fan of Smith.

Lol I love how Khalil raised his hand up like he was charging up a big power punch that scared the ref into stopping it. <Lmaoo>
The disappointed smirk on Khalil's face after the ref push like he's "Pfffft... "

Back