Can we all agree on third party candidates and hard line stances and ideologies?

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The way Congress and the Senate works these days, even if say a libertarian candidate or a green party candidate won the presidency, they wouldn't be able to enact much of anything.

The development and failure of the AHCA should make that obvious. Too much division.. even within one party.

Machiavelli was on the nightstand of more than one founding father.

Third party's don't work that's why a lifelong liberal like Trump had to use the republican platform to win.

There's another reason why third parties don't work

Gary+Johnson+NBC.jpg

Yeah, I think it would be a good start to have 3rd party candidates that are not insane and uneducated.
Or some anti vaccine or 9/11 conspiracy chick.

The left has become increasingly irascible and literally malevolent toward everyone who doesn't agree with them on just about everything. They don't want their opposition to get anything accomplished, even if it would benefit all groups of people and then want to use a failure that they manufactured against them at every opportunity to regain power and face. They want vengeance far greater than progress.

They had no plans for someone like Trump to actually win and now are throwing every vile stratagem in the far left handbook at a government of which they have no control of. Because of this everyone in the US loses and it proves we the people, are not given any fucks.

A 3rd party in office would suffer a same fate from the shit show of politicians we have atm.

"Can we all agree..."

No!

When an entire party's platform was Obstruction for 8 years it's not surprising that they don't know how to legislate.

Republicans used to a rank and file party which allowed for shrewd negotiating practices.

Unfortunately the Tea party took over and now it's the party of NOPE. NO LEGISLATION SHALL PASS!!

The GOP is caught in the middle of a paradigm shift. Half the party is the old GW era corporate neo-cons and the other half is the new Rand Paul/Trumpian wing. The neo-cons are on the way out and the eventually the party will solidify behind the Paul/Trump wing. But they're not there yet thus you have situations like these.

Luckily for them Dems are also in the middle of a paradigm shift between the Clinton/Obama era corporate neo-libs and the new Sanders/SJW/Communists wing of the party. The Sanders wing is clearly the future of the DNC but unlike the RNC they have chosen to suppress them and turn into complete lunatics so they won't be winning elections any time soon. The RNC has time to work out the kinks me thinks.

The GOP is caught in the middle of a paradigm shift. Half the party is the old GW era corporate neo-cons and the other half is the new Rand Paul/Trumpian wing. The neo-cons are on the way out and the eventually the party will solidify behind the Paul/Trump wing. But they're not there yet thus you have situations like these.

Luckily for them Dems are also in the middle of a paradigm shift between the Clinton/Obama era corporate neo-libs and the new Sanders/SJW/Communists wing of the party. The Sanders wing is clearly the future of the DNC but unlike the RNC they have chosen to suppress them and turn into complete lunatics so they won't be winning elections any time soon. The RNC has time to work out the kinks me thinks.

<mma4>

I know some people that swore if their candidate would become President, all of these problems would go away.

Libertarians make me laugh the most- privatize police, education, roads, etc. and everything will be swell

GTFO we couldn't even get rid of a compromised healthcare system in the ACA without people going nuts. You REALLY think that if you turn around and tell people roads and public services are a thing of the past that we will move FORWARD as a society?

Back