Can somebody not retarded like me help with clearer cable?

hearthstone25

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Its actually not for me, its for my mom. She has directv cable. I bought her a new tv recently and one of the things id like to change is the picture quality of her cable.

Im retarded when it comes to anything like this so i come to sherdog for help.

Do you hook up an antenna inside the house? Or.... actually no fucking clue what else to ask lol.. how can i get better picture quality for her directv cable?

Edit: ITS DISH.. not cable lol

Last edited:
Depends. Not sure how directv works but if you need an external antenna and the house doesn't have one it shouldn't cost too much to have one installed. All you have to do is pick a spot on the roof and then run a cable to the room where the tv is

Its actually not for me, its for my mom. She has directv cable. I bought her a new tv recently and one of the things id like to change is the picture quality of her cable.

Do you hook up an antenna inside the house? Or.... actually no fucking clue what else to ask lol.. how can i get better picture quality for her directv cable?

You said you aren’t retarded, then said your mom has direct tv cable. Direct tv is satellite.

Are u like one of those people that are really good at math, but a complete dunce when it comes to anything else in life like rational thinking and not eating the buttons off ur shirt

Are u like one of those people that are really good at math, but a complete dunce when it comes to anything else in life like rational thinking and not eating the buttons off ur shirt
No, he said he's Retarded

You said you aren’t retarded, then said your mom has direct tv cable. Direct tv is satellite.

Do you have DirectTV or do you have Cable TV? Direct TV will likely require a dish on the outside of your house as it needs a good line of sight towards satellites. Cable TV requires no dish or antennae of any kind. The biggest probablem with poor quality on Dish is the Dish not being angled properly. The biggest problem with Cable is that people put too many damn splitters in their lines or use old shitty cables and couplers. Whatever company you are using to pay for your service should be able to test the lines and ensure you are getting high quality.

Are you talking about DirectTV now? That's DirectTV through the internet. I tried it recently and had lots of similar problems.

as a fellow retard I hate to tell you this but you are going to fuck this up even if you get perfect advice ITT

When you sign up for directv, a professional comes and installs it.

I'm going to assume you either called him a retard or told him that you were a retard, which made him mad because of his retard daughter, and he left.

Or you have DirecTV Now, which is their online version that streams over the internet rather than using a satellite dish.

In either case, the answer is to call DirecTV, and try not to mention retards when you talk to them.

Do you have DirectTV or do you have Cable TV? Direct TV will likely require a dish on the outside of your house as it needs a good line of sight towards satellites. Cable TV requires no dish or antennae of any kind. The biggest probablem with poor quality on Dish is the Dish not being angled properly. The biggest problem with Cable is that people put too many damn splitters in their lines or use old shitty cables and couplers. Whatever company you are using to pay for your service should be able to test the lines and ensure you are getting high quality.
My bad i was calling it cable but ya its dish. So we gotta angle it properly? Anything else we can do?

When you sign up for directv, a professional comes and installs it.

I'm going to assume you either called him a retard or told him that you were a retard, which made him mad because of his retard daughter, and he left.

Or you have DirecTV Now, which is their online version that streams over the internet rather than using a satellite dish.

In either case, the answer is to call DirecTV, and try not to mention retards when you talk to them.
No its dish. I was calling it cable my bad lol.. but basically i have to deal with them? No getting better connection without that?

Depends. Not sure how directv works but if you need an external antenna and the house doesn't have one it shouldn't cost too much to have one installed. All you have to do is pick a spot on the roof and then run a cable to the room where the tv is
Its dish my bad

Its dish my bad

If it's already connected to a dish and you mean you want to amplify/strengthen that signal then I'm not sure. If that's the case then you should probably contact your tv provider and tell them that your signal quality is bad and that you're unable to watch anything. If by picture quality you mean resolution HD/4K then you have to 1. Figure out if your tv provider is broadcasting in those resolutions, 2. Find out if the tv supports HD or 4k, and 3. If the tv does support those resolutions make sure the tv is connected to the set top box/signal receiver via a hdmi cable

If it's already connected to a dish and you mean you want to amplify/strengthen that signal then I'm not sure. If that's the case then you should probably contact your tv provider and tell them that your signal quality is bad and that you're unable to watch anything. If by picture quality you mean resolution HD/4K then you have to 1. Figure out if your tv provider is broadcasting in those resolutions, 2. Find out if the tv supports HD or 4k, and 3. If the tv does support those resolutions make sure the tv is connected to the set top box/signal receiver via a hdmi cable
I bought the tv. Its 2018 4k hdr. Netflix looks great but the directv (which my mom watchs 99% of time) looks like balls.

Its connected via by a converter. The box is 20 years old and still uses red yellow red end. The tv doesnt use those and the box doesnt have hdmi so i had to buy a red yellow red end to hdmi converter.

Would buying a new box help? Theres the one called Genie on amazon

Last edited:
Back