Can Somebody explain Lawlers tear to me

He hits very hard, has great tdd and has learned to conserve his energy. It can take decades for someone to learn to use their physical gifts in mma, maybe Robbie finally perfected his style.

He's always been a physical specimen and he has always had the skill, he has just figured out how to put his game together and live in the fight game the 363 days of the year he isn't fighting, if that makes sense. Physically he is unchanged, he has always had a ton of power, speed and heart

In my eyes it started with his use of the butterfly guard in the Trigg fight and also rolling with shots while staying in the pocket in the 2nd Vitale fight. He was developing a game, from his very early days of just being athletic, fast, and powerful. On the regional circuit he allowed him self to also be a little lazy as well as the MW talent pool wasn't as deep as the big league of the UFC so he wasnt making the cut to 170 anymore.

You saw him start to refine two major things, 1.) staying in the pocket seeing shots coming rolling with them and looking for heavy counters. and 2.) A butterfly guard to stop smothering wrestlers from permanently grounding him. Watch from the 2nd Vitale fight on and you can see these 2 things getting more refined and better with each passing fight.

Then the final and reason #3 for his emergence is by the time he came back to the UFC he finally made the cut back to WW. So now the size and strength of the Tim Kennedy's and Jacare's of the world would no longer be a factor.

He hits very hard, has great tdd and has learned to conserve his energy. It can take decades for someone to learn to use their physical gifts in mma, maybe Robbie finally perfected his style.

Simple and well put.

First of all, Robbie was always pretty good but I do think his composure, understanding and mastering of his style/body, combined with the UFC landscape produced great odds for him.

its not hard to have energy in the 5th when you take as many breaks as Robbie, he constantly has long spells where he does almost nothing

I love Robbie, I really do but the middle rounds are sometimes frustrating to watch. Dude starts daydreaming then snaps back near the last round and goes Super Sayain in the last.

He definitely fights more technical now. Back in the day he was winging damn near every shot, his TDD has also improved.

I love Robbie but ATT is a very suspect camp....Just sayin.

went back to WW and started punching people in the face repeatedly

someone did, I called his camp(ATT) fishy

At this point we've seen failures across the board and many of these guys are transient. Overeem trains out of Golden Glory, I mean Mike's Gym, I mean Blackzillians, I mean Greg Jackson's.... if he failed again, would we rightfully attribute it to Jackson-Wink?

I think every gym has guys that come and go, and more importantly guys who are potentially on PEDS despite having clean teammates.

At this point Cole Miller, Ben Saunders and Gamebred Masvidal are career-long staples at ATT, and I don't think any of them have been suspected of PED use - at least they are not commonly on the radar.

They you have guys like Lombard who were clearly on the radar and failed a test.

The front runner here has to be Black House which has had an absurd number of fighters get suspended for PEDS (off the top Feijao, Silva, Ortega, Machida, Casey) but this is also a very loose association gym and most of those guys train at various facilities.

I've seen nothing that suggest he's stronger and he looks less explosive to me than he used to be, not that his physicality have faltered he just fights smarter. No idea with what you're referring to as speed as he haven't really had any explosive bursts but more beating down his opponent

At this point we've seen failures across the board and many of these guys are transient. Overeem trains out of Golden Glory, I mean Mike's Gym, I mean Blackzillians, I mean Greg Jackson's.... if he failed again, would we rightfully attribute it to Jackson-Wink?

I think every gym has guys that come and go, and more importantly guys who are potentially on PEDS despite having clean teammates.

At this point Cole Miller, Ben Saunders and Gamebred Masvidal are career-long staples at ATT, and I don't think any of them have been suspected of PED use - at least they are not commonly on the radar.

They you have guys like Lombard who were clearly on the radar and failed a test.

The front runner here has to be Black House which has had an absurd number of fighters get suspended for PEDS (off the top Feijao, Silva, Ortega, Machida, Casey) but this is also a very loose association gym and most of those guys train at various facilities.
ATT is one of the most suspect gyms in the world imo.... yes they have fighters that you wouldnt suspect, but they also have a tonne of fighters you would have to say fail the eye test

lawlor stopped sparring and also has a small brain, so punches hurt less

Hugely improved his takedown defence and adopted a more patient, counter punching style.

its not hard to have energy in the 5th when you take as many breaks as Robbie, he constantly has long spells where he does almost nothing

nkpbv1.jpg

Since he came to the ufc its incredible,the man is now faster stronger better all round and fighting top top guys,

How is this possible at 34 years of age without mexican supplements?
It's pretty simple, he never fought with the skill that he possessed just the savagery and all the power he could muster. He now plays a smarter game and picks the times he is willing to get in an all out fire fight. That's what has made the difference. Unless you think he's on epo or some other PED that improves stamina I don't see how he would be taking something. He is smaller than he used to be by far and no more ripped. It really is just his decision making, he's always had the skills.

Dropped to WW. Seemed to take his career more seriously.

He looks as fast, strong and explosive as he always has, hes just joined a good camp, improved his technique, moved down to 170 again and is finally in a good place mentally which is the most important thing above everything else. Hes also just a natural born killer (sorry Condit) and his fighting spirit is just stronger than the rest. I dont understand why people think its odd hes doing well, 34 really isnt old.

He stopped sparring, quit sparring. he has been undefeated since he stopped sparring.

What tear? I like Robbie but as far as I'm concerned, he's lost 2 out of his last 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back