Can Obama Sue Trump for Defamation over Tweets?

Stitches4snitches

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Obama would have an excellent chance of winning and winning a huge sum of money since he has now been vindicated by the Intelligence Community. While the standards are high for proving defamation against a public figure, the fact that Trump disregarded the FBI and NSA leaders declaring that Obama never wiretapped Trump, it shows that Trump showed a reckless disregard for the truth in stating that Obama wiretapped him.

And being that Trump is President and has millions of followers it undoubtedly damaged Obama's reputation and caused him harm.

I'm not quite sure whether an acting President can be sued over something he did as President.

Doubt if he cares enough to do that. Frivolous litigation is more Trump's forte.

You sit around and think about this kinda garbage ts? Lol

He couldn't win, there is proof of his intention to investigate and monitor Trump. If there is wiretapping we'll never know because of collusion, and if there isn't he still asked for it.

Both sides are fucking pathetic.

Trump supporters for the most part are significantly more secure, more peaceful, more cooperative, and more American than the other side. Plain as day.

Don't see why Obama would bother. Leave the wasteful, petty litigation to Trump.

Trump supporters for the most part are significantly more secure, more peaceful, more cooperative, and more American than the other side. Plain as day.
No, both sides are destroying day to day life for the rest of us.

Probably could but whether or not he wants lawyers poking around like that is another question.

He can try but it wouldn't go anywhere. Congress should give him a firm spanking for it, but they are too servile to do a goddamn thing.

What does Obama gain for suing the sitting president? I'm sure he would be called even more shit by republicans.

He could try but I doubt he'd win. He's a public figure but I suppose there's some argument in a reckless disregard for the truth.

He could but slander is very hard to prove.

He would have to prove Trump knew it was/is a lie.

If it really happened or not would not matter only what Trump belives.

Anti trumpers are a pathetic lot

No more than you. Nephalim man with his new earth. You are a pathetic piece of shit who wouldn´t hold your elected official responsible for anything. As long as he pisses of those whom you don´t like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back