Social Can homeless people be fined for sleeping outside? A rural Oregon city asks the US Supreme Court

They're fucking idiots. Seriously this is the dumbest issues we have in our society that people take sides on.
We really can't agree that homelessness should be discouraged and corrected in any way possible? Really? People think they're helping people by giving homelessness some ersatz status?
They kicked a disabled person out on the street for not being able to keep up with the chores, fuckstick.

How dare they discourage homelessness!?!?!?!?

People like you have made it so the only solution will be a hard solution. You're not helping these people.
Can you explain how preventing folks from looking for work discourages homelessness? Something tells me, as always, there would be a lot more uproar if the religion in question wasn't something purporting to be Christianity.

They kicked a disabled person out on the street for not being able to keep up with the chores, fuckstick.

They also made people work without pay, prevented them from finding work, and attend Church services they selected (pursuing others disqualifies people from receiving assistance)...ya know, good ole "discouraging homelessness" Lolz

Can you explain how preventing folks from looking for work discourages homelessness? Something tells me, as always, there would be a lot more uproar if the religion in question wasn't something purporting to be Christianity.
You're fucking delusional.....Christianity is the most bashed religion in the United States..The same pussies that are quick to bash on Christianity won't say shit about the Muslim religion...but we all know why.

You're fucking delusional.....Christianity is the most bashed religion in the United States..The same pussies that are quick to bash on Christianity won't say shit about the Muslim religion...but we all know why.

But...but...da Mooslums

They also made people work without pay, prevented them from finding work, and attend Church services they selected (pursuing others disqualifies people from receiving assistance)...ya know, good ole "discouraging homelessness" Lolz
Indeed, barring someone from looking for gainful employment on pain of being pushed out onto the street is the best way ever to discourage homelessness. Honest to fuck some of these people are just plain rotten to the core.

So, that would be a no on being able explain that then, obviously. Well done.

That's what happens when certain people perpetuate the idea that people are victims and it doesn't actually take will power and fortitude to pull ones self out of situations life has dealt them or they have dealt themselves.
I know. And the best the can do is a stupid emoji to respond. The idea of doing something for one's self is a completely alien concept to these people.

lol uhuh sure. Even though the Christian right/Evangelical is one of the strongest voting blocs in the country.

I know. And the best the can do is a stupid emoji to respond. The idea of doing something for one's self is a completely alien concept to these people.
You know nothing about people, you dipshit. But lets hear again how barring people from looking for work is discouraging homeless.

You know nothing about people, you dipshit. But lets hear again how barring people from looking for work is discouraging homeless.
The whole thing is just an exercise in cruel, punitive bullying. The homeless are the weakest, most easily targetable of all demographics, the least capable of having anyone actually do anything to help from a policy perspective. And that makes them really great as a measuring stick if what you really value is making yourself feel better by stepping on someone else. Making it illegal to be homeless doesn't make homelessness go away, it just moves them around. In the case of Grants Pass, it will either be jail or leave town. And of course we'll get the invariable follow up saying oh look they figured out how to solve homelessness! Look at the stats! There's no homeless people left there! When in reality they have either moved somewhere less hostile or just been put in jail. A small, callous place is going to be able to get away with this kind of thing easily, but it is obviously completely unworkable from a policy perspective when talking about big cities; there's no way in hell we could cram all the homeless people into jail even if it wasn't totally horrible. Furthermore, the idea of the crazy disruptive crackhead is of course going to hold traction as a sort of face for this policy, but what about that family living in their car because they got evicted and don't have anywhere else to stay? The second they got kicked out of their house, their lives became illegal, literally, until they can get into a house.

lol uhuh sure. Even though the Christian right/Evangelical is one of the strongest voting blocs in the country.
Doesn't mean they are not the most bashed, and I don't believe in any of them. Two separate things can be true at once.

Just about everyday now I read some local story about someone being assaulted on the metro or attacked in public by some deranged homeless person lol. I dgaf about homeless people but the ones that are drugged out or psychotic need to be forcefully rehabilitated

All Abrahamic religions are equally shit. Happy?

Doesn't mean they are not the most bashed, and I don't believe in any of them. Two separate things can be true at once.
That's like me saying Brittany Spears used to be the most bashed celebrity. It's a meaningless data point when the Christina Right is by far the most powerful religious group in the country, both civically and politically.

That's like me saying Brittany Spears used to be the most bashed celebrity. It's a meaningless data point when the Christina Right is by far the most powerful religious group in the country, both civically and politically.
To you it might be. To Christian’s it is not. But that’s the it right? Doesn’t affect you so why would it matter?

Either way. You think it’s meaningless, so it’s not worth arguing about. Fuck em

To you it might be. To Christian’s it is not. But that’s the it right? Doesn’t affect you so why would it matter?

Either way. You think it’s meaningless, so it’s not worth arguing about. Fuck em
Lol let me put in simple terms. Christians have gained power and rolled back a lot of rights where it has been their desire to in recent decades. It's absurd to claim that the criticisms in this thread are Christian bashing. I feel about as bad for them in this instance as I do about a CEO who couldn't afford as big a yacht as their neighbor.

Lol let me put in simple terms. Christians have gained power and rolled back a lot of rights where it has been their desire to in recent decades. It's absurd to claim that the criticisms in this thread are Christian bashing. I feel about as bad for them in this instance as I do about a CEO who couldn't afford as big a yacht as their neighbor.
Exactly… 😆

If he can't do his part than its the wrong solution for him. What will you do for him? Buy him socks and a big mac?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back