Can Holloway stop Frankie's takedowns?

Not in the first round but max has a very good ground game and cardio which edgar i dont think he can take max's 1 2s for long. Max tko 3rd

I think one thing that gets overlooked is how good defensively they both are in the other's realm of a fight. Frankie's got great footwork, boxing and head movement himself. Max has shown improving takedown defense and a surprising submission game as well. Honestly, it might come down to a relatively slow-paced kind of fight with both guys defending themselves well wherever the fight takes place.

Conor outwrestled him more than Bermudez, so this doesnt really work. I think his tdd has improved a lot

Fili had some success wrestling max as well. Max has improved, though, but at the same time guys like bermudez, fili, and Conor are not in the same league as Edgar when it comes to wrestling and overall grappling

Fili had some success wrestling max as well. Max has improved, though, but at the same time guys like bermudez, fili, and Conor are not in the same league as Edgar when it comes to wrestling and overall grappling
Lamas is

I think Edgar will be too fast and his wrestling is too good for Holloway. I see Edgar chaining together his wrestling while keeping Holloway guessing on the feet. I'm not saying Holloway as a 0% chance at winning, but Edgar is a tough task for anyone at FW not named Jose Aldo.

Edgar might be successful early in the fight but I think Max stop Edgar in the 3rd round, I really like Frankie but sadly I only see Conor stopping Max if he ever return to FW which likely won't happen

Edgar has done terrible in title fights for a good while now. Holloway is too big, strong and technical for Frankie now.

Lamas doesn't have the takedowns of Edgar man. The only one comparable at FW is Mendes. Lamas is a notch above Bermudez and fili, though, that's for sure, and Lamas' is a beast when he's on top, but he's not as good as getting the fight to the mat as Edgar is.

Pretty sure there are zero fighters who have managed to stop Frankie from taking them down. I could be wrong.

I'll put my money on Frankie. Hes a tenacious little dude

Conor did take him down in their fight and controlled him, however, it was ages ago
I can see frankie taking him down, but Max is too lengthy for edgar and will eventually TKO him

Max is to big and long for Frankie to own him in wrestling. It just won't happen with Max tagging him before he can even get going with transitions and faints. Max is tricky himself, and is pretty relentless. If Frankie couldn't fly in on Aldo, he damn sure isn't going to on Max either. He'll get tagged and will pay with his face. Max wins this by decision.

The underrated part of Frankies wrestling is how well he sets it up with strikes, and just how good his striking is in general. This is a very exciting fight and I really hope it happens.

Frankie vs Max is the fight to make next. I think Frankie beats Holloway, but Max surprised the hell out of me against Aldo. After getting beat up for two rounds I didn't think he had it in him to finish Aldo.

i think frankie can take holloway but it wont be easy and max will be able to get up. frankie will get rekt on the feet tho.

Back