Can anyone make a meme of Cro-Cop LHKicking Messi?

We (FInland) have had national team since 1911, but have never qualified for the World Cup (or even European Championship). It's simply absurd how bad we can be at the game. Countries with half the population or even less keep having more success. Even Iceland qualified and their population is currently like 330k.

You guys are monsters when it comes to hockey, though. As a Canadian, I feel you on the soccer thing, but it's not like you're India-level athletes.

Finland should stick to MX and Ice racing. Heikei Mikkola the flying Fin.

Only one meme so far?? Come on, Sherdoggers!! You can do it>>

We (FInland) have had national team since 1911, but have never qualified for the World Cup (or even European Championship). It's simply absurd how bad we can be at the game. Countries with half the population or even less keep having more success. Even Iceland qualified and their population is currently like 330k.

it's not as bad us Tonga, Samoa, and Fiji in Rugby World Cup.

a lot of the best players in Rugby come from those countries yet they've never won a World Cup. ever. due to talent poaching from NZ, Australia and other places.

I agree that it is odd how some countries are just so much better at football than others?

Especially European teams given that they hold a much smaller population in comparison to their American or Asian counterparts... and yet they still often manage to dominate tournaments.

Croatia is a good example. For such a small country how do they manage to produce such a high volume of very talented footballers? It's an interesting question.

When it comes to Iceland though you can't help but hold the utmost respect for what they've achieved. In recent years they've been nothing short of inspirational. And their fans are absolutely diamond... I have witnessed them in the flesh when I attended the Euros in France 2 years ago... such passion... you cannot fault the Iceland fans for their dedication to their team.

a lot of the best players in Rugby come from those countries yet they've never won a World Cup. ever. due to talent poaching from NZ, Australia and other places.

Yeah but you forgot one vital point... no one cares about the rugby world cup...

We're talking about football mate

Croatia is stacked with talent this year - their midfield is top tier, the strikers are good. Defense isn't as good, yet they give up few goals. That team has a chance to make a run.

Well Iceland is an extreme outlier I think. Leving those aside, I think size matters only to a limited extend. How much of a tradition therein a particular sport how many people practice it is far more important. If size was the main factor, China and India would dominate any sport.

In Europe, football is what everybody knows and play as kids, so it's no wonder that even the smaller countries are competitive.

Yeah but you forgot one vital point... no one cares about the rugby world cup...

We're talking about football mate

yeah, and where i'm from nobody gives a fuck about soccer.

i wasn't being rude, i was simply pointing out, that he's not that bad off. Finland being shitty because they have shit players is one thing that cannot be helped, when you have most of the best players in the sport coming from 3 countries but those 3 countries NEVER WIN, that's way worse.

Yeah Iceland is pretty amazing. How popular is football in Finland though?
It's quite popular. It's not like we were lacking in players. There's plenty of relatively successful pro players, but for some reason our national team keeps choking against just about everyone.

You guys are monsters when it comes to hockey, though. As a Canadian, I feel you on the soccer thing, but it's not like you're India-level athletes.
Yeah, most Finns are quite passionate about ice hockey. It's currently lightyears ahead in discipline and professionalism compared to any other sport we practice. There's also more money in it even in national level, naturally.

Ouch...

When it comes to Iceland though you can't help but hold the utmost respect for what they've achieved.
Yeah, Iceland seems to be really unique country with the most respectable people. The way they handled the after effects of financial crisis as a nation was exquisite.

Last edited:
Just a note here to say that anyone wanting shoop work done on obscure people like whomever teh fook Messi is... will be better served to supply a picture we can cut out or at the very least a fooking full name & description on who teh fook you're talking about.

Just a note here to say that anyone wanting shoop work done on obscure people like whomever teh fook Messi is... will be better served to supply a picture we can cut out or at the very least a fooking full name & description on who teh fook you're talking about.

You have seriously never heard of Messi??

yeah, and where i'm from nobody gives a fuck about soccer.

i wasn't being rude, i was simply pointing out, that he's not that bad off. Finland being shitty because they have shit players is one thing that cannot be helped, when you have most of the best players in the sport coming from 3 countries but those 3 countries NEVER WIN, that's way worse.

Haha fair enough.

I know you weren't being rude man, so didn't mean to imply that...

Funnily enough, I think if you ask any English football fan they would sympathise with your sentiment. In England we are constantly told that the Premier League is the highest standard of club football... and 99% of the England squad is drawn from the permier league. So on paper the English football team is consistently amongst the best in the world... Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Delle Alli, Raheem Sterling, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Kyle Walker etc... these guys are considered amongst the best players in the premier league and so (you would assume) amongst the best players in the world. Yet when it comes to an international tournament... they always manage to fuck it up somehow!

So I might be coming from totally a different angle, but I think we can share similar feelings here.

Haha fair enough.

I know you weren't being rude man, so didn't mean to imply that...

Funnily enough, I think if you ask any English football fan they would sympathise with your sentiment. In England we are constantly told that the Premier League is the highest standard of club football... and 99% of the England squad is drawn from the permier league. So on paper the English football team is consistently amongst the best in the world... Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Delle Alli, Raheem Sterling, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Kyle Walker etc... these guys are considered amongst the best players in the premier league and so (you would assume) amongst the best players in the world. Yet when it comes to an international tournament... they always manage to fuck it up somehow!

So I might be coming from totally a different angle, but I think we can share similar feelings here.

I blame Seaman for ronaldinho scoring from 10 miles away, and the retarded ref for red carding Beckham when way worse stuff happens and guys dont even get a yellow for it.

That really is kind of extraordinary.

Is that Tito Santana ?

tito-santana-650-x-400.jpg

I blame Seaman for ronaldinho scoring from 10 miles away, and the retarded ref for red carding Beckham when way worse stuff happens and guys dont even get a yellow for it.

Oh mate seriously you get used to the fact that UEFA/the rest of the known world hate England!

Just off the top of my head I can reel a huge list of injustices...

Euro '04 quarter finals - not only does Wayne Rooney get sent off for falling on the pork'n'cheese bloke, Sol Campbell scores the winning header and the goal is disallowed because Campbell put his hands on a defender's back??

World Cup '10 - England vs Germany... Frank Lampard scores a blinding goal from outside the box which CLEARLY crosses the line... the goal is not counted because the ref didn't think it had crossed the line??!!!

Now fast forward to World Cup '18... all other games up until Monday had experienced some sort of VAR-related decisions. VAR is apparently absent during England vs Tunisia and Harry Kane is physically wrestled to the ground TWICE in the Tunisian penalty area and nothing is done??! No VAR consultation or anything.

The fact England managed to win was certainly against the best efforts of the ref.

Back