Can a mod explain? (Be careful on this site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/looking-for-advice.3121327/#post-111481599

Somehow this thread is linked to my account.

I never made this thread at all. It's a completely random, differeny person.

Yet somehow, I'm able to edit his post, so it is merged/linked to my account. How is this possible?

It becomes a legal issue when you do these things to users accounts (joke or not). I don't need to explain the seriousness of impersonation online.

And I was under the assumption this was a website of a certain standard?

Answers please. Thank you.

Standards on sherdog? Gtfo

I haven't posted on this site much (primarily just browsed during UFC gossip/hype periods), I honestly can't even remember when I made the account.

However, I never expected this website to be run at such an unprofessional standard. Seriously, if they can do this, what's stopping them from stealing your passwords etc?

I want answers, but I'm very close to leaving this site and never coming back if no answers are given. Identity theft is no joke.

I haven't posted on this site much (primarily just browsed during UFC gossip/hype periods), I honestly can't even remember when I made the account.

However, I never expected this website to be run at such an unprofessional standard. Seriously, if they can do this, what's stopping them from stealing your passwords etc?

I want answers, but I'm very close to leaving this site and never coming back if no answers are given. Identity theft is no joke.
Just ask the mod to delete the thread and stop over reacting lol.

Just ask the mod to delete the thread and stop over reacting lol.

Why would I want the thread deleted? That's not issue. The issue is that happening in the first place.

What if it happens again and it's not an innocent "workout advice" topic?

What else is compromised? Password?

The account is linked to a main email I use.

How is identity theft a minor issue?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/looking-for-advice.3121327/#post-111481599

Somehow this thread is linked to my account.

I never made this thread at all. It's a completely random, differeny person.

Yet somehow, I'm able to edit his post, so it is merged/linked to my account. How is this possible?

It becomes a legal issue when you do these things to users accounts (joke or not). I don't need to explain the seriousness of impersonation online.

And I was under the assumption this was a website of a certain standard?

Answers please. Thank you.

LOL, that thread was started a couple days BEFORE your account? {<huh}

As for help, my suggestion is to keep bumping this thread or PMing mods until you get at least 3 mods to respond. Then, if 2 give you the same answer it's 57% likely to be true. If no 2 have the same answer, keep asking other mods until you finally get 2 responses that are at least moderately similar (may take awhile, but it's your best bet).

TS, stop crying and stop using 'pa$$w0rd' for your passwords everywhere.

Were you drunk posting again?

I'm a fair bit younger than 35. Wasn't dating any Italian 2 years ago. Never been fat. Haven't been under 6ft since I was a kid. I have no idea what my body fat % is or even have any idea how to measure it.

That person is not me, ever.

not sure. sorry. It's been deleted.

Here, i'll delete your account just to ensure your identity is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back