Campers Thread

Got my coolers a few weeks ago when RTIC had their huge sale.

20170411_154433_zpsmvuck0rz.jpg

Hiking game is strong, camping game could be stronger. I've gone a bunch of times, including solo; but not as much as I'd like to. My region is pretty excellent for outdoor activity.

I wouldn't know anything about an 8 person tent either way, as my ass is the only one I've ever had to cover when going camping. And when solo camping I might just tie into a tree for the night foregoing a tent altogether lol.

It's great that the word "cunt" is becoming a socially acceptable curse word.

It's a fun word.

Cunt has been my go to for years now. People were still offended by it, probably still are. Most others just wash off peoples backs.

Used to camp near Sedona and Flagstaff when I was younger. Its pretty chill.

Got my coolers a few weeks ago when RTIC had their huge sale.

20170411_154433_zpsmvuck0rz.jpg

I have no advice/info for this type of 'camping.'

One piece of wisdom I can give is, if you're going to websites and getting lists of all the stuff you're going to 'need' you're going to end up with a lot of junk in your basement after about the second trip. You definitely don't need 90% of the shit those types of websites will tell you to buy.

I have no advice/info for this type of 'camping.'

One piece of wisdom I can give is, if you're going to websites and getting lists of all the stuff you're going to 'need' you're going to end up with a lot of junk in your basement after about the second trip. You definitely don't need 90% of the shit those types of websites will tell you to buy.

What do you meam type of "Camping".

The bring your living room type.

haha. Naw I took that pic weeks ago for a different forum.

But I looking to take the wife and kids out for the weekend fri-sunday out in the jemez area. Heard they gots some cool camp sites and shit.

Bought an old cherokee that'll double as a sweet tent. Seats fold down in the back and I can slide an air mattress in. Nothing worse than getting up in the morning packing up the tent with a giant hangover.

Just invested in a nice hammock and mossie net for a proposed spot of camping this year. Just need to get a decent tarp and I'm good to go.

Any sherdoggers that enjoy the great outdoors. Decide to make a thread where you can talk about gear, pleace, post pics, camp story, etc...

I am just startimg to piece supplies together for family camping trips this summer. Anyone got a recommend for a good 8person tent under 200$

You wont get a " good " tent for under 200 bucks. Maybe a Coleman if youre lucky. I just bought the Kingdome 8 from REI for car camping with the family and I dig it.

Just invested in a nice hammock and mossie net for a proposed spot of camping this year. Just need to get a decent tarp and I'm good to go.

finally switched to a hammock for most of my warm weather camping a year or two ago after being a life long tent'er......or tent'ist.

I like it , particularly not having to find a perfectly level spot all the time, much easier said than done in the mountains.

Just got back from camping in Sequoia. A little cold but awesome none the less. Bought one of these and it was awesome
4a3e41b9c24a197cf08e483b89450728.jpg

Only downside is its not self igniting

How do you like that soft cooler?

Oh man I love it.I used it for day and overnight trips. Its light and waterproof. Great for bottle sharez too. I have ran test on it and I would say half beer and half ice and it will hold ice for 3-4day depending were its kept. But I always uze some of thise fake ice brick things. Yeti Ice packs

If you're camping with a group of all males, get really drunk, pass out, wake up with a sore anus covered in Vaseline, would you tell anyone?

If your answer is no:
Do you want to go camping?

you sonofabitch, if you ever steal my material again I swear to fucking Christ I will find you and make sure no one will ever recognize you again I don't care how much I like or respect you.

Oh man I love it.I used it for day and overnight trips. Its light and waterproof. Great for bottle sharez too. I have ran test on it and I would say half beer and half ice and it will hold ice for 3-4day depending were its kept. But I always uze some of thise fake ice brick things. Yeti Ice packs

Good to know ! I have the yeti 65 ( only because I got hooked up and got it for a distributers cost basically) , and like it so was considering getting a " premium " soft cooler for trips to the pool/beach. The yeti soft coolers are hilariously overpriced imo (300 bucks !?.....GTFOH). The Rtic is appealing though if the quality is there.

Back