Calisthenics and roadwork

M0ller

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Currently im doing Kickboxing twice a week, and i wanna incoporate a S&C routine, so i can get better cardio and build some muscle ( slim down ) because of family and work, i dont have the time to make it to the gym 3 times a week. So i bought a pullup/dip station to home, so i can go for a run and some strength work in the early morning. Would you guys care to give me feecback on my routine?

i do this 3 times a week, and then every week i add reps or a harder version when i can do 3-4x12-15 reps with slow excentric work.

Run 5 km
Dead hang pullups superset dips superset pistol squat
Pushup superset rows superset one legged deadlift
Chinups superset pikepush up superset planche

stretch

Stay consistent and when it gets easier, keep making it a challenge like you said. So more reps, faster runs, different exercises, faster pace, etc. Keep it up! As long as you stay consistent it's gonna be good!

I hope i a couple of months i can add two days more of running, just with a shorter distance, how would that sound to you guys?

You can run every day if you feel the need to do so. As long as no pain etc
I hope i a couple of months i can add two days more of running, just with a shorter distance, how would that sound to you guys?

If possible i would add more kickboxing sessions instead strength and conditioning. Skills pay the bills

Depends on your goals. If you're looking to compete in Kickboxing, add a couple of classes. Or split the difference: one extra Kickboxing class and one extra run.

If you only want to get fitter and healthier, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, then add more road work.

A run under 5km is literally not going to add any stress whatsoever to your body, so that is absolutely fine! It will actually increase your recovery speed and quality from other activities. But like homeboy said, if you wanna be a kickboxer and time is the currency we're managing, you should consider focusing on that. But if you have time, doing both will be great!

A run under 5km is literally not going to add any stress whatsoever to your body
That's literally incorrect. Whether or not that stress can be handled will depend on the person. Shorter distance also doesn't necessarily mean less stress.

I dont know if im the only one or what seems to be the issue, I cant say ive done alot running in my life, but ive done some. And for me, if i run too often, the impact from running bumps my calf bones, tibia or fibula i think its called. So my lower leg gets pretty sore then i cant run anymore. Its happened to me if ive ran 3 + days a week and then ive had to take a break or run less

That's literally incorrect. Whether or not that stress can be handled will depend on the person. Shorter distance also doesn't necessarily mean less stress.
nah. It'll reduce stress actually.

I dont know if im the only one or what seems to be the issue, I cant say ive done alot running in my life, but ive done some. And for me, if i run too often, the impact from running bumps my calf bones, tibia or fibula i think its called. So my lower leg gets pretty sore then i cant run anymore. Its happened to me if ive ran 3 + days a week and then ive had to take a break or run less

That sounds like shin splints, a common noob runner ailment where your shin hurts from being unaccustomed to the impact of running on pavement. I had this when I started running and it gradually went away on its own after around 6 months of continued training as my body toughened up. As long as your knees aren't hurting, just keep training but don't overdo it.

That sounds like shin splints, a common noob runner ailment where your shin hurts from being unaccustomed to the impact of running on pavement. I had this when I started running and it gradually went away on its own after around 6 months of continued training as my body toughened up. As long as your knees aren't hurting, just keep training but don't overdo it.
Pretty much like a bad inflammation of an underused muscle. HITT style workouts got me everytime with the jumping and mountain climbers. They were on fire within a week.

Back