Law California Is Now Officially A Sanctuary State For All Illegal Immigrants

▪ Requires employers to ask immigration agents for a warrant before granting access to a worksite.
This is a fundamental violation of the most basic of property rights.

This simply wouldn't survive a Supreme Court challenge.

This is a fundamental violation of the most basic of property rights.

This simply wouldn't survive a Supreme Court challenge.

No. It won't. I'm speechless by this.

So a state can pull this against ATF agents?

I for once would like to see ANY concrete number to back up these dubious claims about "costs to California tax-payers" from Sacramento, without the usual empty and useless buzzwords.

If California actively coerces businesses with this to refuse assistance with a federal agency conducting legal investigations and actions I think the attorney general should consider these actions to be an act of treason against the federal government and warn them that enforcement of these laws will be ground for arrest of all officials enforcing them. Let the political fallout fall where it may. It's rapidly becoming obvious that something very very serious needs to happen in regards to what the US government is entitled to do and not do. Heads need to roll.
I think your analysis of "treason" is lacking. Also your understanding of the rest of the constitution.

The owner of the business has standing to allow/deny entry to their property and access to their records to anyone they choose to. The State of California can go pound sand on that one.

The owner of the business has standing to allow/deny entry to their property and access to their records to anyone they choose to. The State of California can go pound sand on that one.
lmao @ "owners" (masters) giving consent to search their "property" (human beings persons/papers) without warrant.

Protect the victims from the victimizers! And if you identify as anything other than a CIS white Christian male you are victim! Get drunk on your status!

I think your analysis of "treason" is lacking. Also your understanding of the rest of the constitution.
Well then explain it to us. Also please state your constitutional scholarly qualifications.

So you are arguing that ICE should be patrolling the streets and enforcing California law? So ICE should be arresting people for breaking CA law and then after the arrest they should enforce immigration law?

CA officers have to be the middleman unless federal officers take over all policing.
No.

Nowhere has he said that Ice should enforce California law.

He said that ICE should enforce federal law. California has a police force for California law.

If California actively coerces businesses with this to refuse assistance with a federal agency conducting legal investigations and actions I think the attorney general should consider these actions to be an act of treason against the federal government and warn them that enforcement of these laws will be ground for arrest of all officials enforcing them. Let the political fallout fall where it may. It's rapidly becoming obvious that something very very serious needs to happen in regards to what the US government is entitled to do and not do. Heads need to roll.

This.

eh, time for someone to step in and fix this shit. California trying to "go it alone" is one thing but punishing people who follow the law? Fuck no. Come on now.

I remember it was the liberal position to HURT employers that hire illegals..... they cant keep their angle straight. Ever since..... ever, the right has labeled the left as "Open Borders crowd". They are exactly that. Dont even hide it anymore. They want open immigration, open border policy.

Everyone knows that having a bunch of illegalz kills your property value!!!!!

Just look at California... which has the second highest property values in the country...

But everyone knows having a bunch of illegalz kills the economy!!!!!

Just look at California...

Btw, I am not arguing for illegal immigration, but I think California makes a pretty compelling economic argument that it ain't all bad. Illegals may depress wages in jobs most people don't want, but they depress prices on products and services everyone needs.

Yep. I think we want to know who's here, keep track of people, control the flow in terms of various priorities (skills mix, etc.). But all the economic arguments against illegal immigration rely on provably false claims about the impact. I understand that regular people don't read economic studies, but politicians, pundits, journalists, and aides should know better.

This seems like a law that will be taken the the Supreme Court. Let them decide if this is a right that the states have. I don't know enough about law to make a well informed opinion about this to be honest.

I think your analysis of "treason" is lacking. Also the rest of the constitution.
Truthfully, I don't care. I truly do believe in the rights of States to self determination as allowable by our constitution and I would like to see more State freedoms rather than stricter Federal controls but either the Federal government has the authority to conduct it's business, if legal, or they don't regardless of how much a State, it's officials or its populous regard that fact. And that includes attempts to legislate from the bench as well. We have checks and balances but that doesn't mean a branches legal authority can or should simply be overturned or stymied for ideological reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back