cage control

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you think the bets method is to controlling someone against the fence? So far there are 2 methods

1. is when guys put there knee to split the middle and start to wedge the opponents leg out ect i find this is best if you like single legs and trip like takedowns but its not as good for double legging as you cant get much shoulder pressure

2. is where your legs are back in a almost squared stance driving your shoulder forward into them to pin them i prefer to put my hand on top of the fence instead of grabbing the shoulder makes it easier to control them completely destroys the power of there whizzer

i never see guys have much success with number 1 but guys still teach it

I prefer #2. But with head driving against the chin if possible. If I lean too much towards the underhook side guys at my level will almost always try to wizzer hip toss me from there but my hips are so deep that I can roll them over from the throw

#1 has some takedowns from there but it only works if they suck/tired or you are way stronger. Legs trips from #1 is legit but I find they have to be tired or not expecting it

I prefer #2. But with head driving against the chin if possible. If I lean too much towards the underhook side guys at my level will almost always try to wizzer hip toss me from there but my hips are so deep that I can roll them over from the throw

#1 has some takedowns from there but it only works if they suck/tired or you are way stronger. Legs trips from #1 is legit but I find they have to be tired or not expecting it

Isn't #1 basically the ideal Greco Roman position? Seems like wonderland if you know some GR.

Isn't #1 basically the ideal Greco Roman position? Seems like wonderland if you know some GR.

It's very good if there is no cage behind the guy to stop you from walking them over.

leg trips work great when they get w super wide base to defend doubles there usually isnt a lot of control after so i try to follow it up into a front headlock and pull them away from the fence and break them down from there i find to be a great method off it

the more i think about it singles are risky vs good guys rda wanted khabib to single him so he could escape to that side for me to single effectively against the cage i try to put my head to the opposite so my head blocks them from escaping out that corner

i think grapplers really need to start trying o evolve the cage work since strikers today are so good at tdd nowadays its getting so hard for guys to dominate guys against the cage like they use to which tells us the grappling is in desperate need to evolve as well as tdd has

There isn't really 1 good way to control someone on the cage. Being proficient at pummeling and handfighting will go a long way in helping you control someone on the cage.

Being able to flow from one position to the next on the cage will benefit you greater than trying to force control of one position.

Unless you are trying to trip or run the pipe I don't agree with your #1 method of control. Splitting their legs by putting one of yours down the middle will leave you bladed and much easier to turn away than you would be if your hips we're square and in tight to theirs.

With a few differences, wrestling on the cage is nearly identical to wrestling in the middle of the cage. Seeing guys get stuck on the wall is more a matter of little to no chain wrestling experience than it is a matter of "strikers evolving to use the cage for TDD."

Once your run someone into the fence and they do the "running man" defense, there are dozens of options to peel off too.

yeah i prefer number 2 i didnt mean its my first and fav method i prefer a squared stance while driving in with shoulder and chest with a lowered posture

the first one i described though is the one i was first taught over a decade ago and tons of gyms still teach it tbh it seems only wrestlers dont use it most strikers and bjj guys do the number 1 method u just never see guys able to wedge the leg out with theres in theory and drilling practice it works great but when they start to resist its quite hard to manipulate the leg like that

also most people only show how to control from the front theres tons of things to do also if u get to the side of them and trying to prevent them from getting there shoulders to the fence maia and askren did this a lot id like to see some analysis on certain details to look for

Back