Media Cédric Doumbé calls out Sean Strickland

Who wins?

• Total voters
upload_2023-1-16_18-15-40-jpeg.963270

Or as he likes to call him, Sean Shitland lol

"What French MMA is all about"

<22>

Didnt he got signed and then not cleared or something and got cut without even fighting? Why would the UFC sign him to fight Strickland who just headlined a card (short notice) and its still ranked at MW...this guy if gets the opportunity he will fight in the prelims, early ones.

PS: How would you find out a guy who doesnt even fight in this side of the world is calling out a UFC guy?

Didnt he got signed and then not cleared or something and got cut without even fighting? Why would the UFC sign him to fight Strickland who just headlined a card (short notice) and its still ranked at MW...this guy if gets the opportunity he will fight in the prelims, early ones.

PS: How would you find out a guy who doesnt even fight in this side of the world is calling out a UFC guy?
Doumbé is still under contract with the UFC, but at the same time he did some “development” fights outside the UFC.

And yeah there was a little problem with his scheduled UFC-debut in Paris last year.
The French commission prevented Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France because he was too inexperienced compared to his opponent (according to the French commission atleast).

MMA only became legal in France last year, but they still have some special rules for the sport.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

I really don’t know why the UFC didn’t reschedule that fight outside of France or gave Doumbé another opponent. He’s quite a big draw and they potentially could build him up to a contender.

Hopefully the UFC gives Doumbé a fight after his win on December 17 at MMA GrandPrix.
I’m hoping for a fight at UFC London, maybe against someone like Blood Diamond?

What if Sean decided to stand and bang again? Wouldn’t be the first time his craziness get’s the better him lol
Possibly, but Doumbe doesn't....strike me...as a one hitter quitter so I'd think he'd go for it if he was getting tagged.
He shot on Imavov successfully if I recall correctly.

Possibly, but Doumbe doesn't....strike me...as a one hitter quitter so I'd think he'd go for it if he was getting tagged.
He shot on Imavov successfully if I recall correctly.
Well, Doumbé definitely has big power in his hands, watch these short clips of him

But indeed, Sean dodged Imavov’s early attempts very succesfully, he failed against Pereira though.
Styles make fights, so there’s only one way to find out lol

Back