Bubba deserves respect

I like to bash the guy but it's mostly in good fun and partly because he had such a big mouth at the beginning of the show and he has an attitude of "I deserve it..."

But in general I'll give him respect for showing up to the fight.

See, I don't get that...no one give me respect because I'm going to work. It's his job, he choose to go that route and in my opinion he should be happy to fight a better fighter, that's like getting promoted.

Bubba is only hurting himself. .

Really? Turning on his teammate and tearing down his teammates confidence before a fight isn't hurting someone else? Do you forget the first fight this season and how he treated his own team member?

Really? Turning on his teammate and tearing down his teammates confidence before a fight isn't hurting someone else? Do you forget the first fight this season and how he treated his own team member?

It's the "Big I AM" attitude. Worst thing is .. And I'm sure it kills Bubba. Being a training partner to JBJ AND a vet, I think he was kind'v expected to be "A leader".. Expected to demonstrate great skill and confidence ... He has been expected find his fights a little easier to win....

Then Josh Saman walks in and does exactly that without even trying..

I respect him for stepping into the cage and fighting Uriah, but as a person bubba annoys me. He has a big mouth, wines and cries about his injuries and feelings. I don't wish him bad luck in life, but from what I've seen he looks like a terrible father. he should get a real job while he's still healthy and support his daughter he says he "can't see" but yet is fighting on a reality tv show in Vegas.

It's the "Big I AM" attitude. Worst thing is .. And I'm sure it kills Bubba. Being a training partner to JBJ AND a vet, I think he was kind'v expected to be "A leader".. Expected to demonstrate great skill and confidence ... He has been expected find his fights a little easier to win....

Then Josh Saman walks in and does exactly that without even trying..

Yes, Salmon does that no doubt.

as a teammate of jones and a veteran, he's under huge pressure. he went through four fights and two training sessions per day within one month. A KO is actually a big relief. At least he didn't turn down the fight, like his coach did.

the other fighters in the house went through the same thing. I didnt see them crying and pissing their pants in fear when it was their turn to step into the cage with Hall.

Bubba is an athlete training to fight, but it was obvious he did not possess a fighters instinct.

the other fighters in the house went through the same thing. I didnt see them crying and pissing their pants in fear when it was their turn to step into the cage with Hall.

Bubba is an athlete training to fight, but it was obvious he did not possess a fighters instinct.

Let's not forget that they interview all the fighters for "b-roll" purposes and they pick the best stuff too put on the show. Bubba has always been a talker...and let's face it, some fighters have the personality of a caveman...so it makes sense for them to air a lot of what he says. Every good show needs a heel. Someone who everyone can hate, and I'm sure Bubba didn't intend it that way, but he was the heel for the show. It obviously worked as there about 5 or 6 threads on this 1st page of this forum with his name in them.

No I am not Bubba, but yes, I do know him personally since he was a teenager. He's a good kid, respectful, and a kind person out of the cage. WHile it pains me to see what people percieve of him here, I completely understand where you guys are coming from. I respect your opinions and you are all entitled to them. Bubba has worked hard all of his life to get to this point and there is tremendous amounts of pressure on him to do well. Most of it he puts on himself. Make no doubt though, he has the respect of those guys in the house and I'm personally looking forward to see him in the Final.

I've tried to get him to tell me who he is fighting, and to his credit, his lips are sealed.

Anyway, appreciate you guys reading this and letting me ramble a bit.

I don't respect people who aren't respectful to others. Bubba has not been respectful to others on the show.

Calling out people. Picking on his own teammate before a fight. Thinking others aren't sacrificing as much as he is. Like he is the only one training hard?

I don't respect people who get a second chance and whine and complain when they get it. Guy was LUCKY to get a second shot. Then he mutters expletives because he can't eat a Thanksgiving dinner? He should have been grateful - not bitching. Then he complains because he didn't get to choose who he fought?

No, I don't respect him.

Hard to say what the real guy is like, but the way his character was portrayed, this was someone I don't like.

as a teammate of jones and a veteran, he's under huge pressure. he went through four fights and two training sessions per day within one month. A KO is actually a big relief. At least he didn't turn down the fight, like his coach did.

Finally he got his respect.

Great fighter, proved himself last night against middleweight top contender Gilbert Smith.:eek:

Like I thought, he did way better in the finale.
He got home, found back his family and training partners in the environment he knows.
And did way better.
He is one of those who got caught by the environment of TUF more than the competition.
Even thought his ground looked bad against Kelvin and Smith is clearly not UFC level

He took 3 rounds to finish Gilbert "Kimbo Slice has more gas than me" Smith.

But kudos for him, obviously. Get in the cage it's never an easy job.
As a competitor, I know this.

Like I thought, he did way better in the finale.
He got home, found back his family and training partners in the environment he knows.
And did way better.
He is one of those who got caught by the environment of TUF more than the competition.
Even thought his ground looked bad against Kelvin and Smith is clearly not UFC level

yes. we cannot judge a fighter solely by his tuf performances.

He didn't deserve the wildcard.

He got matched up against the weakest guy last night.

Jon Jones is pulling too many strings for his friend Bubba.

Back