Brunson: "Jones never asked team about Yoel Romero training at JacksonWink MMA"

Damn i never knew professional fighters could be such babies.

Suck it up and take it as an opportunity to better yourself

9H0sU4E.gif

gustafsson-davis_526135cdddf2b3557a97b4b1.jpg

gustafsson-takes-jon-jones-down-gif.gif

tumblr_nvp50t2HFW1u2ragso6_250.gif

Gus' best career decision was going to train with Davis. His growth in his wrestling over his career has been pretty remarkable.

Condit was one of the earlier Jackson's student and while he's never talked about any beef between him and Greg, he seemed to have an abrupt exit from the gym.

I was unaware Condit left Jacksons ... was this announced somewhere? Where did he move to?

It's not the same case for TJ. He did what he thought was best but he ended up losing the belt.
Just because he lost, it doesn't mean you can just say leaving TAM was a bad move. Do you think TJ would have beaten Cruz if he had stayed at TAM?

Yes he lost the belt but that's irrelevant to what I'm saying. What I'm talking about is, the fans' hypocrisy regarding TJ leaving TAM. Most fans piled shit upon TJ for looking out for his own best interests and doing what he thinks is best for his career. And yet when other fighters do it, they don't say shit.

Fuck all these idiots trying to turn MMA into a team sport. At the end of the day it's all about you, the individual fighter, go play soccer if you can't wrap your head around that.

Well, there is nothing wrong with team unity. You can't excel at the highest level without high level training partners and coaches (well, maybe somewhere some elite martial artist will emerge from the Himalayans and sieze two championship belts, but until then...).

Look at ATT. They have a huge roster of big name talent, and you rarely - if ever - hear about bickering of this nature from that camp. It always seems to be at Jackson's, which doesn't surprise me since Greg himself seems like a complete tool as a human being.

When did Condit have an abrupt exit? They were in his corner for his last fight.

Condit left for a while, he didn't leave permanently.

Thanks... was this from a podcast, quoted from an article, twitter, what?

Where has he been training on sabbatical ?

Well, there is nothing wrong with team unity. You can't excel at the highest level without high level training partners and coaches (well, maybe somewhere some elite martial artist will emerge from the Himalayans and sieze two championship belts, but until then...).

Look at ATT. They have a huge roster of big name talent, and you rarely - if ever - hear about bickering of this nature from that camp. It always seems to be at Jackson's, which doesn't surprise me since Greg himself seems like a complete tool as a human being.
I'm absolutely an advocate of surrounding yourself with the best possible fighters in order to better yourself, but this should be done with the understanding that you're still going to have to fight these guys if you want to be the champion. Also Himalayan Hermit will be GOAT one day.

I'd be made up to have a wrestler the caliber Romero to train with. Why would anyone have a problem with it?

Back