Brown Ari

Where did the Bolden name come from anyway?

Maybe a variation of the milky goodness?

6a00d83542d51e69e20120a95826b2970b-pi

not sure about that.

It is his job as he makes money of it.

he got a tatoo of a trademark.

he does not even train under them.

This is key. The people I trained under before finding the legit gym I train at now had Gracie Barra stuff hanging all over the place...no affiliation with them at all.

They just cling to the things that are popular or that they associate with BJJ without actually knowing anything about it.

I'd be torqued if I was the current person ranking him up, seeing that he's got some other affiliation on his arm. "If you want that tattoo....go get them to give you your next belt."

This is key. The people I trained under before finding the legit gym I train at now had Gracie Barra stuff hanging all over the place...no affiliation with them at all.

They just cling to the things that are popular or that they associate with BJJ without actually knowing anything about it.

I'd be torqued if I was the current person ranking him up, seeing that he's got some other affiliation on his arm. "If you want that tattoo....go get them to give you your next belt."

It does seem weird that he did that. I guess if he wanted to get a jiu jitsu themed tattoo and he associates that image with the idea, but since it is associated with a specific "brand" that he isn't a part of is the part I don't get. It's like he doesn't care that it helps cement the notion that he is a poser.

Rumor is that he didn't want to sound Jewish, although I don't know if that is the real reason. He currently goes by Ari Bolden Knazan.

If that was the real reason, then I think he overlooked the "Ari" part! What's the big deal anyway? Nothing wrong with a bit of Jew Jitsu.

If that was the real reason, then I think he overlooked the "Ari" part! What's the big deal anyway? Nothing wrong with a bit of Jew Jitsu.

Ari is a Scandinavian name. Unless there's another version of it.

Like I said, I don't think he is trying to hide being Jewish, that is just what some people believe.

I believe he started using another name to try to keep his real name clean. It is pretty common among scammers and other shady characters.

Awesome. I'm sure he will continue to display his outstanding ethics and moral code in the line of duty.

So, you're saying that though he's only a deputy,he's likely to wear Captain's bars when showing self-defense techniques at the police academy?

Like I said, I don't think he is trying to hide being Jewish, that is just what some people believe.

I believe he started using another name to try to keep his real name clean. It is pretty common among scammers and other shady characters.

Ah, that makes more sense.

this guy is terrible. his technique looks awful. he's definitely not a brown belt. i have 12 year old kids who move better than that.

What part of the video did he look awful? Other than the fact there was no live sparring, I didn't see much wrong with it. As far as demonstrating technique, he looked fine.

Back