Brock vs DC should be title for title

Jkillah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ChampBelt.jpg

e5c95-1506730745-800.jpg

MMA isn't a real sport. It's a spectacle. Titles in MMA don't mean anything. They are just marketing devices for fights. That's why you get so many interim championships. That's why certain guys get gifted title shots. Titles are tools for selling PPVs. That is all that they are there for. They aren't for establishing who legitimately is the best in the world. They never have been. Not in MMA.

With that being said, Brock Lesnar holds a title that is more prestigious, more lucrative, and more well known than any title held by DC. Brock Lesnar is the WWE Universal Champion. In order to really make this fight a media circus and sell PPVs, DC needs to compete for the more valuable title. DC needs to fight to become champion of the universe.

Please, WME-IMG. Make this fight the farce it was meant to be.

DC is a huge mark, probably would like that if somehow Vince would chance it.

Fuck it, let it happen then have DC headline WM against the Royal Rumble win. Let the man live his dream.

The WWE Universal Title isn't even the one that matters, because that lineage (the WWE title) is on the other brand and is currently held by AJ Styles; the title Lesnar holds was created in 2016, where as the WWE Champion title is about to head to FOX, where it'll have more eyes and matter more.

DC is a huge mark, probably would like that if somehow Vince would chance it.

Fuck it, let it happen then have DC headline WM against the Royal Rumble win. Let the man live his dream.
That would be perfect. If DC beats Brock in his MMA retirement fight, have DC "defend" the WWE Universal championship at Wrestlemania. It would be huge.

I agree.
It's not a sport anymore, it's sales before all else

That includes legitimacy, but who cares about a sport's title challengers being legit?

If that Universal belt was on the line & DC won that fight that would DESTROY the UFC. Imagine, a UFC fighter winning that belt in a legit fight business & wearing it with his UFC belt.. Media would pin the UFC down as a fake fight business.

The WWE Universal Title isn't even the one that matters, because that lineage (the WWE title) is on the other brand and is currently held by AJ Styles; the title Lesnar holds was created in 2016, where as the WWE Champion title is about to head to FOX, where it'll have more eyes and matter more.
Perhaps, but it is likely still more valuable than a UFC title belt and would sell more PPVs if it were also on the line.

Plus that WWE belt looks like shit. WCW/NWO alll day baby
wcw_world_heavyweight_championship_belt__n_w_o__by_darkvoidpictures-d9xu532.png

That would be perfect. If DC beats Brock in his MMA retirement fight, have DC "defend" the WWE Universal championship at Wrestlemania. It would be huge.

And knowing Vince, the man to win the Royal Rumble and dethrone the MMA GOAT and Universal Champion is this man...

DisastrousShinyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

They didnt even mention Brocks appearance at UFC 226 on Raw last night. They did mention Rouseys UFC HOF induction though

I can't wait till Summer vaca is over so the kids go back to school.

Under normal circumstances I would understand why my thread was moved to the wasteland, but given that a current WWE champion who has not won a fight in eight years is going to be challenging for the UFC title I think my thread belongs in the UFC discussion. Perhaps it should even be stickied and include a poll.

Vinny Mac's worst nightmare.

His 6'4 300lbs steroid monster beaten by a 5'10 fat guy.

Vinny Mac's worst nightmare.

His 6'4 300lbs steroid monster beaten by a 5'10 fat guy.
Kind of, but Brock has been champion of the universe for like a year, so he needs to drop the title to someone eventually, and Vince LOVES cross over exposure with other parts of pop culture. He had Floyd Mayweather beat a 500 pound giant named the Big Show. I think it would get a lot of media attention and sell tickets/merch/subscriptions etc...and overall be profitable for the WWE.

WWE is more popular than the UFC, so their championship is probably more valuable. Putting the Universal title on the line could potentially boost PPV sales for the fight because it would bring in more media attention and they could also cross promote with the WWE which is the bigger entity. DC and Brock could sign their UFC fight contract on Monday Night Raw. DC could show up at ringside for Brock's matches. They could cut promos and have heated confrontations on WWE television in the lead up to the fight. This is all absurd, and makes the sport more of a farce, but I think it would sell PPVs which is what the UFC wants at the end of the day.

You could argue that in the long term this would hurt the UFC because it would be too much of a blow to their credibility, but IMO, they shunned credibility a long time ago.

WWE is more popular than the UFC, so their championship is probably more valuable. Putting the Universal title on the line could potential boost PPV sales for the fight because it would bring in more media attention and they could also cross promote with the WWE which is the bigger entity. DC and Brock could sign their UFC fight contract on Monday Night Raw. DC could show up at ring side for Brock's matches. They could cut promos and have heated confrontations on WWE television in the lead up to the fight. This is all absurd, and makes the sport more of a farce, but I think it would sell PPVs which is what the UFC wants at the end of the day.

You could argue that in the long term this would hurt the UFC because it would be too much of a blow to their credibility, but IMO, they shunned credibility a long time ago.
The WWE's Universal title is of no practical value, because their champion habitually doesn't appear on their weekly show and goes numerous "PPVs" without defending the belt; the belt was last defended in April, and come Sunday, will have not been in three consecutive "PPVs". Essentially, it has become a prop with no value because its prestige has been completely sunk.

The WWE doesn't sell PPVs, and WWE RAW's viewer numbers have already been on a downward trend for years. This is because the product is terrible, and very few people who actually care about wrestling will watch the product, and the a lot of people who watch the product (young children, parents with children) will not buy UFC PPVs because the content is inappropriate for children. Furthermore, the WWE (and Vince McMahon in particular) will not let Cormier come in and make Lesnar look bad because Lesnar has been made to look like a monster for years in the WWE now; the moment Cormier makes Lesnar look bad, the goose is cooked, particularly because Cormier is not a WWE product, which means the booking will end up making Brock look strong and Cormier look weak. More importantly, Brock has very few dates left on his WWE contract, which is why the WWE isn't using him on their show in the first place, and they are not going to use those limited dates to promote an event they won't even profit from.

Kind of, but Brock has been champion of the universe for like a year, so he needs to drop the title to someone eventually, and Vince LOVES cross over exposure with other parts of pop culture. He had Floyd Mayweather beat a 500 pound giant named the Big Show. I think it would get a lot of media attention and sell tickets/merch/subscriptions etc...and overall be profitable for the WWE.
Cormier is no Money Merryfeather.

And he does not want to job out his champion for a year and a half to a 5'10 "real wrestler".

He didn't even want Triple H or Steve Austin to lose to Kurt Angle.

Back