Brits truly have great heavyweight stars. . . .

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
. . . Tyson and Hughie Fury, Anthony Joshua, Joe Joyce, Dillon Whyte etc.. . . .but WHY is David Haye considered to be so great and so popular in the U.K.?. . . yes a good Cruiserweight champion but as a heavyweight his biggest wins are only against Valuev and Ruiz!. . . . (and a win versus Chisora isn't that significant. I don't see Chisora as anyone but a tough gatekeeper journeyman) . . ..Seriously what is the big deal?

His opponents since his comeback have been disappointing but he clearly has skill and power. It's not surprising he has fans.

. . . Tyson and Hughie Fury, Anthony Joshua, Joe Joyce, Dillon Whyte etc.. . . .but WHY is David Haye considered to be so great and so popular in the U.K.?. . . yes a good Cruiserweight champion but as a heavyweight his biggest wins are only against Valuev and Ruiz!. . . . (and a win versus Chisora isn't that significant. I don't see Chisora as anyone but a tough gatekeeper journeyman) . . ..Seriously what is the big deal?

In all fairness he still has better wins at hw than most of the ones you mention!

He's actually isn't that popular in all honesty. However he was undisputed cw champ, koing the lineal champion in his own manor, and still won a version of the title as a massively undersized hw. In many ways his achievements are pretty understated most of the time. And let's be honest, love him or loath him, he is an exciting fighter

he may well be done due to his injury, layoff and age. We'll have a better idea of this after his fight with bellew. A prime David haye would destroy the best version of bellew in 6 rounds. But when he is done history will show him as a 2 weight world champ, undisputed cw champ and hw champ! I think that puts a very different perspective on it and I think he deserves all the credit he gets

What Jonny Ninja says.

Haye is sharp, well-spoken & meedja-friendly. He often gives the impression of being a bit too media friendly, empty soundbites delivered for ratings. He's also incredibly full of himself (as someone who is rather good at beating people up & who is extremely attractive to the opposite sex, I for one cannot imagine what led him to this estimation of his self-worth). He has a tendency to over-talk his own performances & chances.

All the above these things mean that he gets right under the skin of a certain personality type. Normally, the chest-puffing gun-stroking wingnut wannabe-John Waynes. I mean, it's natural & correct to think Haye's a gobshite, but people like the OP simply don't stop there, they'll tell you that he's not talented or that he's a "fraud".

Downplaying the Chisora result (which is still & by far the best fucking result anyone's ever had with Del Boy, still, which includes a distance fight with Vit Klit, two tussles with Fury, twelve rounds with Pulev & a razor thin loss to Whyte) tells you all you need to know about the OP's opinion of Haye, which is obviously weirdly biased.

PS: Yes, his comeback opposition has been laughable. No question. But the revisionist bullshit the OP indulges in is just weird.

Well, he has a better HW resume than everyone that you listed outside of Tyson Fury, so...

This is par for the course for you, though. Shitty thread after shitty thread.

David Haye only ever lost to Wladimir at HW. Other than that he was unbeaten. He got a lot of stick for the broken toe excuse after he lost to Wlad but at that time I think it was fair to say that he was clearly the second best HW in the world. I certainly could not think of anyone at the time that I would have bet on to beat Haye.

Well, he has a better HW resume than everyone that you listed outside of Tyson Fury, so...

This is par for the course for you, though. Shitty thread after shitty thread.

Haye was a very good Cruiser but has never lived up to the level of adoration that Brit fans shower him with. . . .Those I listed have legitimate upside potential. . . Haye's career is behind him and as a heavyweight was not spectacular.

Its a good thing that you are not the judge of whether threads are shitty or not and your opinion is meaningless.

Back