Brian Ortega vs Renato Moicano Set for UFC 214

Who wins?

• Total voters
Moicano by lopsided decision....

Or Ortega by round 3 comeback.

A bit overrated, yes. He's had to come back from adversity in like half his UFC fights but he's still a very good prospect. I hope the injury layoff hasn't hurt his growth as a fighter. He was evolving at a very good pace when he was active.
I'd say he's a better prospect than Yair, but I don't see Ortega beating anyone in the top 5.

A bit overrated, yes. He's had to come back from adversity in like half his UFC fights but he's still a very good prospect. I hope the injury layoff hasn't hurt his growth as a fighter. He was evolving at a very good pace when he was active.
Yeah thats basically what I'm getting at. Yes he is undefeated and ranked but other than his Romero esque third round finishes, he hasn't looked too spectacular in UFC considering he is facing guys that are closer to retirement than not in Tavares and Guida. Great sub win over Brandao though.

Yeah they need to start announcing some Main Card fights though. I think this would be a good prelim headliner.
Sadly the way the UFC's been putting these cards together, I think the Main Card is only missing one fight. The card already has 10 announced bouts.

If I had to guess it's going to be:

DC x Jones
Manuwa x TBA
KZ x Lamas
DHC x Fili
Sage x Puelles/ or something unannounced, hopefully Rockhold x Mousasi (in which case the bout order would change of course)

A lot of people don't seem to realise just how high-level and sick this fight is. This is like, perhaps THE two most awesome up-and-coming FW's throwing down. I love this type of fight, and here's why (I make this point a lot, I repeat myself a lot, but still):

What is the other option?

Ortega vs. Swanson
Moicano vs. Edgar

You potentially end up with the same veterans in the title picture, nobody is excited, the circle repeats itself.

Let the top prospects battle it out apart from the vets. Keep the divisions fresh, and the title fights mildly intriguing at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back