Brexit News & Discussion v6: EU Leaders Go to Battle Over Plugging Post-Brexit Budget Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK will never be allowed to regain true autonomy from the EU, never. For them, sovereignty is dead and has been since their officials sold them to the mainland. Shame really, for a brief moment it looked like they might be able to slip those chains and forge their own destiny again but alas it appears they grown accustomed to their masters' hand on the yoke.

The UK will never be allowed to regain true autonomy from the EU, never. For them, sovereignty is dead and has been since their officials sold them to the mainland. Shame really, for a brief moment it looked like they might be able to slip those chains and forge their own destiny again but alas it appears they grown accustomed to their masters' hand on the yoke.

Blah blah

Blah blah
Given how the EU is dealing with the UK and how the UK has been responding so far I'm comfortable with my opinion.

But if the UK is OK with being an EU doormat I guess that's their business in the end.

Given how the EU is dealing with the UK and how the UK has been responding so far I'm comfortable with my opinion.

But if the UK is OK with being an EU doormat I guess that's their business in the end.

The EU is not to blame for the "constructive ambiguity" that have hampered talks, that lies with the UK. It still thinks it can have its cake and eat it. If they're going to leave, then it cannot keep the benefits of membership, it's that simple.

What has the EU done wrong to the UK?
The UK has put itself in such a dangerous political position that they are basically not able to negotiate a Brexit anymore.
From Teresa "Lets loose 60 seats in an unnecessary election" May to Boris" The Iranian hostage executioner" Johnson.

I mean those are the kind of jokers that will ruin the UK's economic stability for decades.
The UK is unable to do anything at this point so far that the EU actually starts to feel bad for the UK.

The UK has put itself in such a dangerous political position that they are basically not able to negotiate a Brexit anymore.
From Teresa "Lets loose 60 seats in an unnecessary election" May to Boris" The Iranian hostage executioner" Johnson.

I mean those are the kind of jokers that will ruin the UK's economic stability for decades.
The UK is unable to do anything at this point so far that the EU actually starts to feel bad for the UK.

The EU did everybody wrong by expanding its power beyond the originally agreed upon limits.

The Brits would've surely remained on board if it weren't for EU turning out to be the elaborate Central European pyramid scheme, that it has sadly turned into, over the recent couple of decades.

The EU is not to blame for the "constructive ambiguity" that have hampered talks, that lies with the UK. It still thinks it can have its cake and eat it. If they're going to leave, then it cannot keep the benefits of membership, it's that simple.
I agree that the UK can't expect business as usual with the EU. Given reported comments from within the EU team though it's apparent they not only want to make it as rough as possible but also make and example of the UK by humbling it before it's members. It speaks volumes about how the EU views it's partnership with the UK and it's value as both ally and trading partner.

The EU's creeping overreach is a good starting point. It's open hostility toward the negotiations is another. The UK isn't blameless though. Teresa and the rest of the doormats have no business being in charge of this process when it's so apparent they neither want it to happen nor are apparently willing to fight on the UK's behalf with full vigor.

How many non-brexit people are now involved in this process? Can the UK citizenry have any assurance they're not dragging it out in an effort to just get it stopped altogether or being sold out by politicians with too much to lose and entirely too close of associations with the EU political and financial machine?

It would be interesting to truly know how many of the current UK team at this moment think of themselves as British citizens or EU citizens.

The EU's creeping overreach is a good starting point. It's open hostility toward the negotiations is another. The UK isn't blameless though. Teresa and the rest of the doormats have no business being in charge of this process when it's so apparent they neither want it to happen nor are apparently willing to fight on the UK's behalf with full vigor.

How many non-brexit people are now involved in this process? Can the UK citizenry have any assurance they're not dragging it out in an effort to just get it stopped altogether or being sold out by politicians with too much to lose and entirely too close of associations with the EU political and financial machine?

What open hostility?
I mean the position from the EU was clear before the Brexit to now. Its the UK that is stalling, changing position, etc

If anything you can accuse the UK of not negotiating in good faith because they have no idea what they want.
They tried to bluff saying they will leave without a deal. The EU called that, and now they are somehow near a Norway style deal?

It means you still get to follow EU rules but you cant vote anymore.
As the court proceedings against Poland and Hungary show votes mean little to Brussels.

As the court proceedings against Poland and Hungary show votes mean little to Brussels.

You mean the proceedings about how Poland agreed to one thing and later changed its mind?

Yeah, that happens pretty much anywhere in the world when you breach a contract.

You mean the proceedings about how Poland agreed to one thing and later changed its mind?

Yeah, that happens pretty much anywhere in the world when you breach a contract.
The one where they voted against taking in migrants, but Brussels is trying to force them to.

This could be what, round 6 on this particular convo between us? Lol

The one where they voted against taking in migrants, but Brussels is trying to force them to.

This could be what, round 6 on this particular convo between us? Lol

Poland voted in favor of relocation.

I agree that the UK can't expect business as usual with the EU. Given reported comments from within the EU team though it's apparent they not only want to make it as rough as possible but also make and example of the UK by humbling it before it's members. It speaks volumes about how the EU views it's partnership with the UK and it's value as both ally and trading partner.

Rumours are not facts. It's the UK who keep saying they will walk away ( Hard Brexit ) and that's roughest possible outcome for the UK. That speaks volumes about how the UK views it's partnership with the 27 other countries in the EU and their value as both allies and trading partners.

Last edited:

of course they do. if they gave the UK everything, other countries would try the same thing.

of course they do. if they gave the UK everything, other countries would try the same thing.
You mean if they chose to be out of the eu to pick and choose what parts of the agreement they liked but still have full membership benefits?
The fact is brexit was a clusterfuck ...never ever shoulda been enforced without clear breakdown of what exactly it would entail

You mean if they chose to be out of the eu to pick and choose what parts of the agreement they liked but still have full membership benefits?
The fact is brexit was a clusterfuck ...never ever shoulda been enforced without clear breakdown of what exactly it would entail

yeah, if the EU allowed this with the UK, im sure other countries would want the same thing. it would destroy the EU.

of course Brexit is a clusterfuck. It was people intentionally choosing to be stupid.

yeah, if the EU allowed this with the UK, im sure other countries would want the same thing. it would destroy the EU.

of course Brexit is a clusterfuck. It was people intentionally choosing to be stupid.
Yep its like joining a golf club and later deciding youd like full access to the courses to play and the bar etc but wouldnt like to pay membership or adhere to the rules!

Yep they used words like freedom and soveriegnty to rile up the masses and talked about immigration with 0 clarity
Its like the trump with maga in the states, details or facts arent needed anymore in both the uk and america the populations are now filled with so many dumb people slogans are all thats required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back