Brendan Schaub: Sources say Khabib will retire after beating Conor, "as the Floyd of MMA" (27-0)

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Timestamped

Schaub says it on JRE. Says that Khabib's captain, Josh Thomson, tells him that Khabib will retire after beating Conor. 27-0, as the Floyd Mayweather of MMA... and unless Khabib gets some kind of super fight, like fighting GSP... he's done.

Says Khabib will go out with a bang, beating the UFC's poster boy.

Additional notes: They point out that Khabib came into camp at 180 something... despite walking around at 200 before. Apparently Khabib was 174 at the press conference. Says Khabib is dead SERIOUS for this fight.

Sources being the podcast with Khabib's training partner Josh Thomson the day before.

Then he'll definitely retire after McGregor KOs him.

95% of fighters don’t retire until they are past their prime. Good for khabib if he does but I highly doubt it

27-0 with only one top 5 win doesn't make you Floyd in boxing, it would just make you a prospect who just got their first good win.

I have nothing against him retiring but I do wonder why. I wonder if he feels like he's slowing down / knee issues or if he just isn't into it anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised. Khabib isn't one of those guys who has repeatedly said "I want to fight the best, clean out the division, take on all comers and dominate them all." Instead he says "I don't care who I fight, I just want belt." The "I want to clean out the division" guy is Tony; the "I want a belt, even if I get it by beating someone outside the top 10" is Khabib. I like the Tony Fergusons of the world more. Belts and records seem to matter more to Khabib than actually beating the best of the best. If he gets a belt, a big payday, and gets to keep his pristine record, it would be in keeping with his general attitude towards fighting.

Im pretty sure he wants to fight Russia, thats what this comment I found said. What do you guys think of my response?

Attachments

• comment.png
    comment.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 28
I love seeing fighters go out on top. If he were to beat Conor AND T Ferg that would be epic.

They win titles and then they retire without ever defending them more than once.

I have decided to retire young. Thank you for the cheese.

I'll give my left nut that he doesnt stop fighting for the next 5 years.

27-0 with only one top 5 win doesn't make you Floyd in boxing, it would just make you a prospect who just got their first good win.

I have nothing against him retiring but I do wonder why. I wonder if he feels like he's slowing down / knee issues or if he just isn't into it anymore.

RDA was easily top 5 and Barboza probably was too.

95% of fighters don’t retire until they are past their prime. Good for khabib if he does but I highly doubt it

If he's the mayweather of MMA theres nothing stopping him from coming back from retirement the following year. And probably do the same another 5 times.

Timestamped

Schaub says it on JRE. Says that Khabib's captain, Josh Thomson, tells him that Khabib will retire after beating Conor. 27-0, as the Floyd Mayweather of MMA... and unless Khabib gets some kind of super fight, like fighting GSP... he's done.

Says Khabib will go out with a bang, beating the UFC's poster boy.

Additional notes: They point out that Khabib came into camp at 180 something... despite walking around at 200 before. Apparently Khabib was 174 at the press conference. Says Khabib is dead SERIOUS for this fight.

I think he should take 3 "legacy" fights. 30-0 looks way better.

LOL at the mayweather comparison.

guy gets one good win and he's going to retire. i think floyd had just a few more big wins than that.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
Brendan Schaub is not going for this fight, because he truly believes a fight is going to break out between the Russian crowd and the Irish crowd.

Says the bad blood extends out of mma.

Back