Brendan Schaub gathering up army against Dana White, rofl

If anything, Ortega is retarded to spill the beans on his employer while is looking to move ahead in the company.

He's right about wanting the belt. No one gives a shit about an interim champ. Look at Tony Ferguson. Thrown away like it didn't matter, no longer a champ.

It comes down to this: if you're not the actual champion, a fake belt won't matter. Stripping the "real" champ is a big deal. Stripping an interim fighter isn't shit. Interim belts don't come with guarantees and titles. Thank Dana White for treating his fighters like trash.

Ortega is smart to want to fight for the real belt, not some meaningless shit belt against an inconsistent journeyman fighter in Stephens.
What should they do with Ferguson?

The ufc said the ferg khabib fight would be for the real belt. They did it the right way until ferg got injured badly.

Sorry, I stopped at the "Ortega was very much in control of getting paid and decided to take a pass instead".
That's so stupid a statement that defies common sense.

First of all, you train to fight someone. You develop a plan.
This is not amateur hour where you don't know who you train for and who you will face in the octagon.
So he trained for Max. He was ready to fight Max.

he showed up, did the media and was on point in his weight.
His obligation was to show up and fight Max for the title.
Not someone else he did not train for and NOT for the (real) belt!

You making sich asinine claim just further proves you lack of knowledge on the subject.... or your willingness to lie to be a schill.

First of all, I'm not sure what your relationship with Brian is as you seem to be taking it personally. Second, those are some mean and hurtful words, brother. i'm not sitting here calling you stupid, asinine, a lair or a schill. All I'm sharing is a logical thought process based on what has been shared as a sequence of events. The net of it was the reality that Brian decided if he was going to get a payday or not. He ultimately chose not to. That's it. You are trying being in emotion and explanations as to why he would chose to not get paid. And maybe you are 100% right that he felt like he was so well prepared for Max that any other fight he would be at a disadvantage. I think that is nonsense. Ortega has very good grappling, so his camp should have been focused on stand up striking game. We should have the best Ortega ever in the cage ready for whereever the fight went. Instead we got a, "nah dawg". After the fact when he realized he was fairly getting paid nothing for adding zero value to the event, it appears there is some financial regret. If he wanted to get paid he should have took an alternative fight. An uber driver can't decline a fare and get paid because he filled up his tank with gas. The real world just doesn't work that way.

First of all, I'm not sure what your relationship with Brian is as you seem to be taking it personally. Second, those are some mean and hurtful words, brother. i'm not sitting here calling you stupid, asinine, a lair or a schill. All I'm sharing is a logical thought process based on what has been shared as a sequence of events. The net of it was the reality that Brian decided if he was going to get a payday or not. He ultimately chose not to. That's it. You are trying being in emotion and explanations as to why he would chose to not get paid. And maybe you are 100% right that he felt like he was so well prepared for Max that any other fight he would be at a disadvantage. I think that is nonsense. Ortega has very good grappling, so his camp should have been focused on stand up striking game. We should have the best Ortega ever in the cage ready for whereever the fight went. Instead we got a, "nah dawg". After the fact when he realized he was fairly getting paid nothing for adding zero value to the event, it appears there is some financial regret. If he wanted to get paid he should have took an alternative fight. An uber driver can't decline a fare and get paid because he filled up his tank with gas. The real world just doesn't work that way.
1) no, this has nothing to do with Ortega. It could have been ANY other fighter (i.e. I was as vocal fro Vitor).
This is the principle of a fighter being bullied by the promotion.

I would be OK if the UFC would pay for his expenses (plus something for his time).
Again, you can't say he added zero value when he made media events, went on radios, was on the media shows and all while training and fasting to make weight!
That's brutal!!!
And that's without consideration that UFC nets 4 billion while fighters get paid peanuts, so why they have to be the ones incurring loss due to not fault of their own?

2) I am sorry if I get excited, but I find that depending Dana/UFC in this instance is beyond a low-blow to the fighter. It adds to the bullying UFC is doing to its fighters (who have no way to fight back) and basically justifies what UFC is doing, giving them reason to do it to other fighters as well.

3) the big issue (and I wrote about it plenty of times) is that it opens precedents for the UFC to abuse its fighters and to help the fighters they like and hinder the ones they don't.
This is what Yakuza diud to Pride, and it killed Pride because it cast doubt on the matches for the purpose of making money.
It is a HUGE conflict of interest and I don't want to see this crap in the UFC.

And for that, we need to have UFC know we don't approve this bullying.

Back