Media Brendan Loughnane and PFL

Certainly makes his high-spirited post-fight speak seem more like a sarcastic stab at the company<45>

I think this is standard practice for all "big" MMA promotions. The UFC is notorious for this and Im sure Bellator and ONE have done this in the past, too.

I think this is standard practice for all "big" MMA promotions. The UFC is notorious for this and Im sure Bellator and ONE have done this in the past, too.
I think it's more so they're forcing him to participate in the tournament while other like Kayla and Pettis were given a pass on not participating in the tournament without having their contracts frozen.

Hopefully he wins again and manages to do what Palmer couldn't, get the fuck away from PFL while on top.

Don't know if the UFC is an option given how petty Dana can be, but it'd be nice to see Brendan against some of the Bellator guys.

Hopefully he wins again and manages to do what Palmer couldn't, get the fuck away from PFL while on top.

Don't know if the UFC is an option given how petty Dana can be, but it'd be nice to see Brendan against some of the Bellator guys.

If Brendan can get through Movlid and win a 2nd PFL tournament his stock will be very high. I wouldn't mind seeing him in OneFC, Bellator or even KSW, although in KSW the only big fight would be Salahdine Parnasse, it'd be cool if promotions were willing to do 1 off contracts to get big fights done but I understand why they dont. Bellator has a sweet 145lb roster and even OneFC is building their 145lb (155lb) division Tai Kang, Shamil Gasanov, Akbar Abdullaev and Ilya Freyamov all seem fairly talented and they're all like 25-28 years old.

Dunno, kinda curious 1. If Loughnanes defensive wrestling has caught up enough to punish a guy like Movlid 2. If he wins PFL again and tries the free market how other promotions like One, Bellator and the UFC will perceive/Value him.

If Brendan can get through Movlid and win a 2nd PFL tournament his stock will be very high. I wouldn't mind seeing him in OneFC, Bellator or even KSW, although in KSW the only big fight would be Salahdine Parnasse, it'd be cool if promotions were willing to do 1 off contracts to get big fights done but I understand why they dont. Bellator has a sweet 145lb roster and even OneFC is building their 145lb (155lb) division Tai Kang, Shamil Gasanov, Akbar Abdullaev and Ilya Freyamov all seem fairly talented and they're all like 25-28 years old.

Dunno, kinda curious 1. If Loughnanes defensive wrestling has caught up enough to punish a guy like Movlid 2. If he wins PFL again and tries the free market how other promotions like One, Bellator and the UFC will perceive/Value him.
I think 5 rounds will let Brendan have more leeway than in his previous fight with Movlid, especially because he did manage to hurt him in the third last time out. Though as it stands yeah, Movlid definitely is the guy to beat since he's such a blanket.

As far as the Parnasse fight goes, I'll be honest, Torres laying such an egg in his PFL debut has really curbed my excitement for him. I know it's a bit mmathy, but Salahdine was pretty damn competitive with Torres in their rematch, so I don't know if he's just been feasting on lesser competition at KSW or if he's the real deal at this point.

He is pretty young so he should be improving leaps and bounds, and Torres might just be an awkward matchup for him.

I think 5 rounds will let Brendan have more leeway than in his previous fight with Movlid, especially because he did manage to hurt him in the third last time out. Though as it stands yeah, Movlid definitely is the guy to beat since he's such a blanket.

As far as the Parnasse fight goes, I'll be honest, Torres laying such an egg in his PFL debut has really curbed my excitement for him. I know it's a bit mmathy, but Salahdine was pretty damn competitive with Torres in their rematch, so I don't know if he's just been feasting on lesser competition at KSW or if he's the real deal at this point.

He is pretty young so he should be improving leaps and bounds, and Torres might just be an awkward matchup for him.

No, it's not MMAmathy, it's a reasonable take. Largely based on Daniel Torres two fights with Salahdine I also thought at 145lbs he was a very legitimate prospect and potential talent, I was excited to see what he could do in the PFL and while it wouldn't have surprised me if he got grinded by Bubba or Movlid, or outstruck by Loughnane, I really thought he had something to offer thr FW tournament. Him losing to Flores like that really made me wonder if I had been overrating Parnasse too, but I also had the same thoughts, Parnasse is very young, I do think he's naturally a much more gifted fighter than Torres and more multidimensional in his skills too. Nevertheless Rutkowski, Buchinger, Torres and several other guys are really good wins for a 25 year old.

To be fair the only names at 145 worth watching seem to be Loughnane, Movlid and Bubba Jenkins (may have snuck back into contention). If Loughnane wasn't in it would just be another easy Movlid million dollars.

I think it's more so they're forcing him to participate in the tournament while other like Kayla and Pettis were given a pass on not participating in the tournament without having their contracts frozen.
Yes but Kayla and Pettis will be used as "PPV draws", whereas Loughnane is not a draw. TBH this is better for him, he is the favorite to win another million.

To be fair the only names at 145 worth watching seem to be Loughnane, Movlid and Bubba Jenkins (may have snuck back into contention). If Loughnane wasn't in it would just be another easy Movlid million dollars.
Movlid isnt the most exciting fighter around, though, and neither is Bubba. But I guess I would like to see Loughnane fight them again (but I wouldnt pay)

Torres is more of a counter puncher, so if the opponent opens up he tends to look better.

Movlid isnt the most exciting fighter around, though, and neither is Bubba. But I guess I would like to see Loughnane fight them again (but I wouldnt pay)
That's the issue that PFL has though at FW and why they most likely strong armed Loughnane for the season, without him the cards will be significantly weaker for FW's and LHW's.

Pettis said he is currently not under contract with the PFL.

Last edited:
I'll sum this all up for you........Kayla and Pettis get paid big bucks and are well known names in the MMA world. Pettis at this point in his MMA career isn't much of a threat and probably if he lost to a nobody in the tournament his value may not be much in the fans eyes. Kayla on her new contract pays her very well and probably doesn't make financial sense to have her in the tournament. She more or less said this on the MMA hours this week. Because of her pay she really needs to be on PPV cards. I think they feel the same about Pettis.

Loughnane, blow joe fan isn't wondering when he will fight again so you can't demand to sit the tournament out. PFL is starting to see issues that crept up in Bellator under Bjorn. Fighters don't want to be always be stuck in a tournament.

Pettis said he is currently not under contract with the PFL.
I had no idea his contract had expired. I recall him being a guest on the MMA Hour around the announcement of the RJJ fight and he said he was moving up to 170 and that he would comeback to fight in PFL, but I don't recall him saying his contract had expired.

I had no idea his contract had expired. I recall him being a guest on the MMA Hour around the announcement of the RJJ fight and he said he was moving up to 170 and that he would comeback to fight in PFL, but I don't recall him saying his contract had expired.
He just did an interview after his boxing match saying he had some teally good offers. But he would love to fight for the PFL this year .

Here's a link to the interview.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/A...orward-to-Fighting-in-PFL-at-Years-End-189581

His match with Marlon was tough to watch. He's great for sure and props to him but watching Marlon and how far he's declined was hard to watch. Seeing him be unable to deal with the leg kicks was sad. PFL is underrated. They generally put on good shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back