BREAKING: UK parliament hit by cyber attack.

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ImageVaultHandler.aspx.jpg

The UK Parliament has been hit by a cyber-security attack, the Liberal Democrat peer Lord Rennard has said.

The peer revealed on Twitter there was a problem, asking followers to send any "urgent messages" to him by text.
MPs were reportedly told about the hack on Friday night and later told of difficulties in accessing their emails away from the Westminster estate.
A Commons spokeswoman said the lack of email access was a result of the steps being taken to manage the issue.
The spokeswoman said: "The Houses of Parliament have discovered unauthorised attempts to access parliamentary user accounts.
"We are continuing to investigate this incident and take further measures to secure the computer network, liaising with the National Cyber Security Centre.

"We have systems in place to protect member and staff accounts and are taking the necessary steps to protect our systems."
A number of MPs have confirmed to the BBC they are not able to access their parliamentary email accounts remotely.

Source: bbc.com

Last edited:
Probably should pass new laws to shut down the internet. We all love freedom but sacrifices must be made to fight those evil Russians who want to take our freedom.

All they'd find is the Labor Party's secret recipe for black pudding bangers and spirit mash that Podesta shared with them

Better shut down internet communication that can be used for hacking or hate speech

Just to be safe

Damn this 400lbs man in the basement. He is unstoppable.

I wonder how they will spin this to take more of our internet freedoms

the most important communications arent exchanged over email anyway, so all these government hacks are a non-story.

Harvey_Hancock_at_Bohemian_Grove_1967.jpeg

Probably should pass new laws to shut down the internet. We all love freedom but sacrifices must be made to fight those evil Russians who want to take our freedom.
Better shut down internet communication that can be used for hacking or hate speech

Just to be safe
I swear May and her band of merry morons over there are doing everything they can think of to make the U.K. under martial law.

I swear May and her band of merry morons over there are doing everything they can think of to make the U.K. under martial law.

If we ever have full scale martial law in the UK, it's because May and the rest of the politicians have been slaughtered by terrorists.

I'm sure there's a downside as well...:)

Back