Crime Breaking News, v2: 14 Killed in San Bernardino Mass Shooting, Police in Standoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most gun owners I know, including ones that own assault rifles, just buy them and go to the range to shoot for fun. They're not for self defense or any other reason than that they like to shoot guns.

Seems like you could do that without the ownership part right? Just have a range and a rental / range fee.

That's a big thing to do in Vegas, pay a little cash to go fire off some heavy shit in the desert.

Now, subtract the African American and Hispanic gang-killings in our gun-free-zone cities.

I'll wait for those stats.

since 1982, 64% of them are white who commit mass shootings, blacks 16%, and asians 9%, the others live in poor socioeconomic neighborhoods and contribute to standard gun crime to which you are referring. Apples and oranges, slightly.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/mass-shootings/

Unless you are in swat or something similar real scenarios like that very rarely happen. At best most officers will have a hand on their firearm just in case from time to time and very very rarely draw it.

first cops respond to a nasty incident are always patrol cops, not SWAT.

It's the gated communities that give me the biggest impression of fear.
Never been to the US though, I'm just equating them with my impression of gated communities from PNG. Bunch of terrified foreign workers living on the compounds.
Strikes me as weird they'd exist in a developed nation (not counting retirement villas, although there's fear there as well).

They're not fearful either. People living in those communities just look down on poor people.

They view the rest of society as basically like homeless people. It's more of a visceral disgust and contempt thing than fear. They want to keep these guys out.

vlcsnap-2011-11-17-15h17m10s243.png

since 1982, 64% of them are white who commit mass shootings, blacks 16%, and asians 9%, the others live in poor socioeconomic neighborhoods and contribute to standard gun crime to which you are referring. Apples and oranges, slightly.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/mass-shootings/

A mass shooting is defined as 3 or more people hit.

There is absolutely no way they are 64% white.

Glock is a defensive handgun, not to be used against TWO assailants armed with AK47s.

Plus, CHP officers don't carry Glock anyway. I believe their issued firearm is S&W

"Defensive Handgun"?

This is like the antithesis of the "Assault Weapon"?

The idiocy. I can't. I'm done for today.

Seems like you could do that without the ownership part right? Just have a range and a rental / range fee.

That's a big thing to do in Vegas, pay a little cash to go fire off some heavy shit in the desert.

They could, my friends like to build and collect them though. You can go into the gun thread, will give you a pretty good idea on why people like assault rifles and such. Lot's of cool guys in there that are about the complete opposite of how most liberals describe assault rifle toting conservatives. Just people that like guns.

Edit : http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f65/

There you go, now you can stop generalizing people that like guns and hopefully stop saying they're scared pussies (not your exact words, but close).

Kinda like how private car ownership isn't necessary when rentals and public transit are so prevalent, right?

Yea... again with the "Amendments" are ironclad and for some reason we have to pretend that the spirit of the amendment, "defending against tyrannical governments with single shot muscats" is even applicable today. In that vein you're right, these laws are shit, I need military outfitted Hum Vs, tactical mines, body armor, and a mountable .50 cal. Come at me bro!

But shit, if our forefathers had an inkling of what that amendment would cause 250 years later it's not hard to believe they'd rethink it. Not to mention it's an AMENDMENT, AND many of the wig wearing old men were perfectly fine with slavery at the time, so lets just say they were a little less than infallible yea?

I think you're on to something. You seem like a smart guy, not completely unable to think through an idea fully at all. So why don't we just ban terrorism? Also, we can ban drugs too!! Where have you been for the last 100 years? We need leaders like you!

For real though, Luminaire is an example of how fucking stupid and useless the average American has become. Citizens are too stupid to see why their retarded, ill-conceived ideas get laughed at by intelligent people.

Most gun owners I know, including ones that own assault rifles, just buy them and go to the range to shoot for fun. They're not for self defense or any other reason than that they like to shoot guns.

Count me in that group.

i'd prefer to voice my actual opinion instead of letting you just make it up out of thin air to fit your agenda.

Another post were you've said absolutely nothing . I see one sentence in both of my post were I chanced a guess that you were an anti type......apparently I was wrong . Doesn't exactly make me a liar does it ?

Now , let's hear this very informed and important opinion of yours that you seem intent on not sharing.

They're not fearful either. People living in those communities just look down on poor people.

They view the rest of society as basically like homeless people. It's more of a visceral disgust and contempt thing than fear. They want to keep these guys out.

vlcsnap-2011-11-17-15h17m10s243.png

I live in a gated community, and honestly, I've never once thought about the reason why it was gated, just like the place. So to me, this all seems like unnecessary bullshit that you guys are talking about when it comes to said communities.

Another post were you've said absolutely nothing . I see one sentence in both of my post were I chanced a guess that you were an anti type......apparently I was wrong . Doesn't exactly make me a liar does it ?

Now , let's hear this very informed and important opinion of yours that you seem intent on not sharing.

hahahAHHA - you're not very good at reading, are you?

Count me in that group.

Yea, I have a few friends that legit just like to get the parts and build the guns and then take it to the range. Just like a cool project or like building a car engine or something. People need to stomp lumping the 0.001% that fuck up with guns and realize that there's millions of gun owners and almost all of them are responsible with their weapons.

A mass shooting is defined as 3 or more people hit.

There is absolutely no way they are 64% white.

If we are going off that definition proposed, sure.
But they and we are talking about school and work shootings like the events of this, sandyhook etc. If you read the link, they are only speaking of these type, not the type you proposed.
Otherwise, the 100 some odd mass shootings of 3 or more people hit has occurred since 2000 like the graphic i posted? Chicago and Baltimore alone would destroy that stat in a year, any year given.
We are comparing events like this, sandyhook, columbine, mall shootings etc. 64% of those are white people crime (why, i have no idea but thats the trend generally). If you want to talk "standard 3 hits/fatalities" like gangland hood shootings, that another matter entirely.

lol @ spinning this into a gun control issue. We have radical extremists Muslims in our country turning people every day on their bullshit and you all are worried about accessibility? Nothing's going to fucking change about gun control, get over it and worry about the real problems here, and not the agenda your party is trying to push.

quit making sense...

lol @ spinning this into a gun control issue. We have radical extremists Muslims in our country turning people every day on their bullshit and you all are worried about accessibility? Nothing's going to fucking change about gun control, get over it and worry about the real problems here, and not the agenda your party is trying to push.

An absence of this incident would have been luck, but we have to admit that what happened was a blessing in disguise. Yes, these Islamists killed people with guns, but they also had twelve IEDs in their house (if reports are correct). Imagine how many more people could have been killed, maimed, or injured with those pipe bombs? We're lucky that they were so inept that they couldn't make the bombs work, or got triggered and went off script, targeting the place/people they did before a more planned, calculated attack.

The fact that this was a shooting, and a shooting only, is a blessing in disguise.

They could, my friends like to build and collect them though. You can go into the gun thread, will give you a pretty good idea on why people like assault rifles and such. Lot's of cool guys in there that are about the complete opposite of how most liberals describe assault rifle toting conservatives. Just people that like guns.

Edit : http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f65/

There you go, now you can stop generalizing people that like guns and hopefully stop saying they're scared pussies (not your exact words, but close).

I get that people like guns, I get that people are hobbyist. I'd find it refreshing if more gun owners were honest about how self-serving their motivations were.

And some are scared ass paranoid pussies. It is what it is :)

An absence of this incident would have been luck, but we have to admit that what happened was a blessing in disguise. Yes, these Islamists killed people with guns, but they also had twelve IEDs in their house (if reports are correct). Imagine how many more people could have been killed, maimed, or injured with those pipe bombs? We're lucky that they were so inept that they couldn't make the bombs work, or got triggered and went off script, targeting the place/people they did before a more planned, calculated attack.

The fact that this was a shooting, and a shooting only, is a blessing in disguise.

Same with the kid that shot up the movie theater at the batman premiere. He had his house booby trapped with IED's and luckily when the cops kicked the door in they all malfunctioned.

I can't relate or sympathize as I don't live in the US. I feel bad for everything that has happened. I can't imagine the fear going on right now. Americans seem so scared.

Fear? Haha! You couldn't be more wrong, my foreign friend.

Once you're hardened by something as tragic as 9/11, a little shit like Farook gets zero fucks outside of the chit chat circle around the office water cooler. With the exception of the direct victims involved, everyone else are back on their ordinary daily routine.

If that's hard to comprehend, picture the general domestic reactions to sexual violence in India, or governmental corruption in China, or widespread tax evasion in Greece, or outrageous PC laws in Sweden.

Sure, if you ignore the value of personalizing/customizing. Someone brought up rental cars. What if you had access only to rentals and you couldn't move the seat or any of the mirrors? What if there was an emergency and you needed a car immediately but you'd have to go to the rental agency and maybe they're closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back