STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I am hoping for a dark turn. I know I won't get it, but her being the offspring of someone like palpatine or plageous and being stuffed onto Jakku at age 5 by Snoke is just too tempting. I'm hoping she flips, kills Ren, and becomes Snoke's apprentice. Maybe Finn is the son of Leigha and Lando (All that time together with freaking Billy Dee while Han was frozen, and nothing happened? C'mon.) and ends up taking her down.

I'm sure she'll end up being a Jinn or a Kenobi, though.

Disney need to fire Abrams and give Episode IX to you:D

Man I am hoping for a dark turn. I know I won't get it, but her being the offspring of someone like palpatine or plageous and being stuffed onto Jakku at age 5 by Snoke is just too tempting. I'm hoping she flips, kills Ren, and becomes Snoke's apprentice. Maybe Finn is the son of Leigha and Lando (All that time together with freaking Billy Dee while Han was frozen, and nothing happened? C'mon.) and ends up taking her down.

I'm sure she'll end up being a Jinn or a Kenobi, though.
Why does everyone need to be someone's relative?

The main difference between Rey and Luke is that Luke had to work hard to become a hero, while Rey benefits from ridiculous levels of Feminist Plot Armour. Compare their respective arcs in A New Hope/Force Awakens.

- Luke gets KTFO by a Tuskin Raider and has to be rescued by Obi Wan.

- Obi Wan again saves him from getting curb-stomped in the bar.

- Luke rescues Leia but fails to save Obi Wan(although Obi Wan at that point was pretty much ready to join with the Force anyway)

- Luke finally gets his big Hero Moment when he blows up the Death Star. But he only manages this because Han fucking Solo runs interferance. If Solo doesn't hit Vader's ship, it doesn't matter how strong Luke is in the Force. He's dead and the Rebellion fails there and then.

Now look at Rey in FA

- Kicks the shit out of two aliens who try to snatch BB8.

- Kicks Finn's ass, even though he's been trained since childhood by the First Order(alright his MOS is Janitor, but he's still a trained soldier).

- Flies the Millinium Falcon, a ship she'd never even been on before, so well that First Order TIE Fighter pilots can't bring it down.

- Speaks Wookie.

- Drops the door at just the right time to cut the tentacles and save Finn.

- Manages to resist Ren's mind probe.

- Uses a Jedi Mind trick to make Stormtrooper 007 set her free.

- Curb stomps Ren. Yes, he was wounded, but she has zero training in the Force.

Rey is the ultimate Mary Sue. There's very little tension after you've seen her effortlessly win and escape time after time. I'm calling it right now: in Last Jedi, Rey will be even more overpowered thanks to Luke's training. She will curb-stomp the Knights of Ren, while Luke faces off against Kylo and goes Full Obi Wan.

Jesus Christ, youre complaining that she closed a door . Do you realize that that is literally what you're doing? She closed a door at the right time?

And speaks another language in a Star Wars movie.

Your criticisms are so biased its unreal.. The only reason she beat the tie fighters is because she knew the layout of the imperial dreadnought. Thats why she flew into it.

She didnt curb stomp Ren. She beat him. After he effortlessly flung her aside, and prior to that, waved his hand and captured her.

It remains to be seen if she has zero training in the force. The popular prediction is that isnt true.

No one complains that Luke went toe to toe with Vader after training with Yoda for like 5 hours.

Seriously. The dude became a Jedi Knight with literally a few days of training almost 20 years into his life. Yet still manages beat the big bad sith lord Vader in a final light saber duel. With minimal effort. Why arent you bitching about that? Vaders power level is leagues beyond Kylo, and he didnt have a hole in his gut. Why arent you bitching and moaning about Luke coming in after not knowing a damn thing about the force and somehow, after being taught for literally hours, a few days at most, beating the baddest sith lord in the galaxy?

If you want to argue that the climax should have been a bit different I wouldnt disagree. Some sort of stalemate would have been better, imo. But Jesus, your're going so far out of your way to find these mundane criticisms that are somehow completely overlooked when they happen in the original trilogy.

Last edited:
Why does everyone need to be someone's relative?
Everyone doesn't, but I mean, Finn is one of like 3 black guys in the history of the universe, so that seems like a no brainer. Rey saw visions after touching Luke's saber (*not intended to be a euphemism*), so it is likely she has some kind of relationship with a previous owner (Luke, Anakin, Ben). She could just have been a random padawan or a sith apprentice that was abandoned for some reason. Or a force baby, I guess.

21751727_1509112495823117_5201470583057804677_n.jpg

J.J. Abrams is directing? You won't be able to follow the plot being blinded by all those lens flares.

Has anyone seen this potential 'spoiler' video from this youtube channel? I hesitantly watched it but I'm not upset I did. It's not confirmed, just possible.
If it's true, however, holy moly that's pretty damn cool. I'll add the video in the spoiler below, if you enjoyed it also check out his other following videos.

Update: March 26, 2018

Mark Hamill Reveals George Lucas Planned to Kill Luke Skywalker in Episode IX

n3FTWPD.jpg

Speaking to IGN about the differences in approach to the character of Luke Skywalker between J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson, Hamill suddenly changed tack, and explained:

"I happen to know that George didn't kill Luke until the end of [Episode] 9, after he trained Leia. Which is another thread that was never played upon [in The Last Jedi]."

This is the first time we've heard that Lucas intended to end the 'Skywalker Saga' with Luke's death. While the original Extended Universe saw Leia trained as a Jedi Knight (although not by Luke), it also hadn't been publicly mooted as part of the films' storyline.

Similarities remain in The Last Jedi – Luke seems to have met his end a film earlier than Lucas planned for, and Leia does (somewhat controversially) show her skill with the Force – but it's clear that Lucas had different plans for the returning characters.

It's not quite clear which of Lucas' Episode 9s this particular ending comes from. The Star Wars creator's plans for a sequel trilogy were many and varied – before Disney bought the rights and made one itself.

Before Return of the Jedi had been written, Hamill said he had seen 12-page outlines for each of Lucas' Episodes 7-9. However, Lucas seemingly abandoned the idea, and incorporated many elements – including the idea that Luke had an estranged sister – into Jedi instead.

Lucas continued to hint at his ideas for a sequel trilogy over the years, from the familiar (Luke, Leia and Han returning as characters later in their lives) to the less familiar (a fractured Empire has devolved into individual tyrannical worlds). However, the critical reception to his prequel trilogy apparently all-but killed off Lucas' drive to continue with the series for some time.

Many of the suggested story ideas are seemingly contradictory, indicating that Lucas never had a set plan. Pre-Disney takeover, Hamill had said that Lucas' idea was to have Luke returning for a cameo in Lucas' Episode 9, but his new comments seem to indicate a much more central role.

That perhaps points to this idea of Luke training Leia before his death being part of a newer plan. Lucas did indeed write a new treatment for a sequel trilogy as the series transitioned into becoming a Disney property, but Kathleen Kennedy scrapped the majority of his ideas in favour of J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan's Force Awakens script, and the direction that took the new films. It may be that Hamill's new comments refer to this later treatment.

Recently, Rey actress Daisy Ridley revealed that J.J. Abrams had himself written treatments for a full sequel trilogy, but that Rian Johnson had used little of it for The Last Jedi. Hamill says he doesn't know whether Abrams plans to use his original ideas now that he's returning to direct Episode 9.

More generally, Hamill compared the approaches between Lucas and Disney's Star Wars films:

"George had an overall arc – if he didn't have all the details, he had sort of an overall feel for where the [sequel trilogy was] going – but this one's more like a relay race. You run and hand the torch off to the next guy, he picks it up and goes.

"Ryan didn't write what happens in 9 – he was going to hand it off to, originally, Colin Trevorrow and now J.J. [...] It's an ever-evolving, living, breathing thing. Whoever's onboard gets to play with the life-size action figures that we all are."

Hamill remains unsure about whether he'll be returning in some form for Episode 9 – "No one's really talked to me about it" – but he isn't holding back his opinions on where Star Wars should go. Some of those opinions are more outlandish than others, like the Force Ghost horror movie he told us he wants to see.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03...ls-ending-to-george-lucas-star-wars-episode-9

Well I kinda always knew it will happen can't have really old man fighting and doing shit in space for to much time you transition them into a force ghost adviser but with all that I did hope to see it in the final movie and not the middle one.

They should just redo the Rian Johnson one. I'm sure fans will be happy to pretend that one never happened.

They should just redo the Rian Johnson one. I'm sure fans will be happy to pretend that one never happened.

Not me I'm a fan of this Ep 8.

Liked 7
Loved 8
Can't wait for 9 I'm sure this one will be full of more fan service.

Jesus Christ, youre complaining that she closed a door . Do you realize that that is literally what you're doing? She closed a door at the right time?

And speaks another language in a Star Wars movie.

Your criticisms are so biased its unreal.. The only reason she beat the tie fighters is because she knew the layout of the imperial dreadnought. Thats why she flew into it.

She didnt curb stomp Ren. She beat him. After he effortlessly flung her aside, and prior to that, waved his hand and captured her.

It remains to be seen if she has zero training in the force. The popular prediction is that isnt true.

No one complains that Luke went toe to toe with Vader after training with Yoda for like 5 hours.

Seriously. The dude became a Jedi Knight with literally a few days of training almost 20 years into his life. Yet still manages beat the big bad sith lord Vader in a final light saber duel. With minimal effort. Why arent you bitching about that? Vaders power level is leagues beyond Kylo, and he didnt have a hole in his gut. Why arent you bitching and moaning about Luke coming in after not knowing a damn thing about the force and somehow, after being taught for literally hours, a few days at most, beating the baddest sith lord in the galaxy?

If you want to argue that the climax should have been a bit different I wouldnt disagree. Some sort of stalemate would have been better, imo. But Jesus, your're going so far out of your way to find these mundane criticisms that are somehow completely overlooked when they happen in the original trilogy.

Do you even Original Trilogy, bro? Luke gets his ass handed to him in his first fight with Vader. In the rematch, which happens after Luke has had months, if not a full year, to build on the lessons he was given by two of the greatest Jedi in the history of the Order, he still struggles against Vader until he gives in to the Dark Side of the Force. If he hadn't allowed himself to use his rage and fear over what Vader would do to Leia, he would have lost the second fight as well.

And yes, the door is is a big thing: even Finn is shocked Rey was able to close the door at the exact second it would cut the tentacle without harming Finn

And the popular prediction was completely wrong: Rey had no training in the Force until she met Luke Manson. But hey, who needs the Force when you've got Feminism?

Do you even Original Trilogy, bro? Luke gets his ass handed to him in his first fight with Vader. In the rematch, which happens after Luke has had months, if not a full year, to build on the lessons he was given by two of the greatest Jedi in the history of the Order, he still struggles against Vader until he gives in to the Dark Side of the Force. If he hadn't allowed himself to use his rage and fear over what Vader would do to Leia, he would have lost the second fight as well.

And yes, the door is is a big thing: even Finn is shocked Rey was able to close the door at the exact second it would cut the tentacle without harming Finn

And the popular prediction was completely wrong: Rey had no training in the Force until she met Luke Manson. But hey, who needs the Force when you've got Feminism?

That quote is from several months ago. Why do you want to necro it now?

That quote is from several months ago. Why do you want to necro it now?

First time I read it; someone else liked one of my posts in this Thread. I couldn't remember what I'd posted so I came back here and read the rest of the Thread.

With the stupidity and direction SW is going, id rather have ghosts force luke be the lead

That honestly sounds like a great move to me. I mean, shit, it would be wonderful if they were self aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back