Television Breaking Bad

breaking bad was good, for sure. It's definitely not perfect though. It gets bogged down for multiple episodes a few different times over the whole show, but that's alright.

Some of the heavy Skylar-oriented, darkly-lit depressing house dynamics can drag on for 2,3 episodes in a row while the more interesting elements of the plots aren't really developing, but that's not a huge deal. It's overall really good.
There was a couple episodes that did bog it down and made it. boring.

Some other series I want to Binge watch
X-Files
Northern Exposure
Burn Notice
Mad Men
Suits

haven’t seen Breaking Bad, but i’ve been binging Better Call Saul this week, which is great

The whole universe in chronological order would be:

Better Call Saul
Breaking Bad
El Camino

So you are doing it right in a sense.

I just finished Breaking Bad.
Seen about half of the others.

Pretty solid stuff.
As someone said above, not perfect but very entertaining and for the most part well thought out.

To me, breaking bad represents the epitome of useless human endeavor. So much work and care put into a show with no redeemable characters in a dismal meaningless landscape.

In a word... bleak.

B.b is awesome
Watch godfather of Harlem shits super lit
Forest Whittaker rules

BB was fantastic but honestly I thought Better Call Saul was even better but worth watching both front to back

I watched all of Better Call Saul and I never understood why people liked it so much. Kim and Saul's vendetta against Howard made no sense. He was trying to do right by them the entire time.

I watched all of Better Call Saul and I never understood why people liked it so much. Kim and Saul's vendetta against Howard made no sense. He was trying to do right by them the entire time.
Because they were haters

1st few seasons are great.. starts to go off the rails later on tho.. didn’t care much for the ending myself

1st few seasons are great.. starts to go off the rails later on tho.. didn’t care much for the ending myself

Compared to BCS abomination of an ending it was amazing.

At the end of the day ending things is hard.

Compared to BCS abomination of an ending it was amazing.

At the end of the day ending things is hard.

+1

BCS was as good as, possibly even better than BB in the Gus, Lalo and Nacho storylines up to the end of S6 part 1, minus the Howard prank and how Saul and Kim went down. Then the Gene sequence (which I had high hopes for) ended with a whimper instead of a bang.

haven’t seen Breaking Bad, but i’ve been binging Better Call Saul this week, which is great
I ways always curious how new watchers that have never seen either show would approach watching them. Better Call Saul could be watched without spoiling any of Breaking Bad if you somehow skipped the black and white cold openings and a chunk final season. It would be cool if someone made an edit or ability to skip the 'current time' parts of Better Call Saul so that you could watch it prior to Breaking Bad without any spoilers.

+1

BCS was as good as, possibly even better than BB in the Gus, Lalo and Nacho storylines up to the end of S6 part 1, minus the Howard prank and how Saul and Kim went down. Then the Gene sequence (which I had high hopes for) ended with a whimper instead of a bang.

The issue was they set up the black and white thing as a advertisment for cinnibun before the show started. After which they kept kicking the can down the road until last season when they couldn't kick said can any further and actually had to make an ending and they backed themselves into a corner(much how Saul gets backed into that dumpster). I think they assumed they could make magic out of anything and they were wrong.

I also get the sense the crew of BCS was done. They'd been working on this universe since the OG writers strike in 07 for 15 years and I get the sense the love for it was kind of waning if not gone entirely.

I miss our banter back when there was good TV on. The mayberry lounges culture IMO can be very dependent on if theres anything "going on".

I ways always curious how new watchers that have never seen either show would approach watching them. Better Call Saul could be watched without spoiling any of Breaking Bad if you somehow skipped the black and white cold openings and a chunk final season. It would be cool if someone made an edit or ability to skip the 'current time' parts of Better Call Saul so that you could watch it prior to Breaking Bad without any spoilers.

This would be cool.

BCS was taped in such a way that the whole BCS-BB thing doesn't work and anyone that actually tries watching BCS as a prequel will spoil BB. And it would be spoiled right at the end of BCS right before those people presumably start watching BB which makes it kinda mean. So they'd be watching show 1 thinking they could go to show 2 and be good and then they'd have the rug pulled out under them at the last minute.

The issue was they set up the black and white thing as a advertisment for cinnibun before the show started. After which they kept kicking the can down the road until last season when they couldn't kick said can any further and actually had to make an ending and they backed themselves into a corner(much how Saul gets backed into that dumpster). I think they assumed they could make magic out of anything and they were wrong.

I also get the sense the crew of BCS was done. They'd been working on this universe since the OG writers strike in 07 for 15 years and I get the sense the love for it was kind of waning if not gone entirely.

I miss our banter back when there was good TV on. The mayberry lounges culture IMO can be very dependent on if theres anything "going on".

Lol yeah we've had some good banter in those threads. Agree general crew and writers' fatigue with the BB universe must have been a factor and in hindsight, the B&W Gene storyline straight up sucked. I kept hoping for a grand reveal with meticulously placed easter eggs but nope. Just a puddle of regurgitated country breakfast with dingleberries in it. They pulled off some cool film noir scenes with Kim and Saul at the end but none of it was worthy of the awesomeness that was BB and the first 5 and a half seasons of BCS.

Just start watching show today and just got done season 1 episode 6 and pretty good so far.
Welcome to the party !! 16years late but I heard being late is fashionable....

It just gets better and better, trust me. Especially from Season3 onwards it started gaining a cult following and it was roughly at that point that Sony Pictures (who financed it) increased the budget a lot (heard it ended up being approx US$2million per episode whgich was a lot for a TV show back then...) and they eventually started using Hollywood movie directors like Rian Johnson for some episodes in Season 5.
I think Season 3 and 4 were my favorites but I've watched every episode several times over the years.

Enjoy the ride, it builds momentum nicely all the way through to Season5....

Last edited:
Breaking bad is supposed to be the GOAT tv show, but I don't know if I agree. I mean it's a very, very good watch but I much much prefer Better Call Saul, for example.

For starters the "bad guys" are too "caricatured" (if that's even the word) but it's possible that they did it on purpose...there are many things that I don't like that much about Breaking Bad. When I watched it the first time, I didn't find it that "groundbreaking", so I rewatched the entire series and I still didn't change my mind.

Back