News Breaking: Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill announced as the UFC 300 Main Event

Who wins?

• Total voters
On paper should legit be a worthy 300 main, but it’s Hills involvement that puts a dampener on it.

How so? He's an exciting fighter and finisher who won the title and never lost the belt. I'm not seeing a bigger fight to be made at 205.

I mean, it's just a fight, that's it. A decent one and nothing more.

Dana really thought people would be excited for this?

I found the other options more interesting but Alex never disappoints. Solid fight, though def. not what the UFC wanted.

But honestly, who cares? I said from the start fuck this top-heavy approach and go for a stacked card instead. The card is filled with great and meaningful fights.

Don't see how some are saying UFC 299 is better. Very good card but 300 is deeper and more interesting.

So yeah, I'm not disappointed. Looking forward to it, hoping it stays together. Dana said there is one more fight to make but it seems the main-card is completed so we'll see.

Would've liked for my boy Belal to get his title shot as well on this card (I know I'm one of 7 sherdoggers to want that lol), but it wasn't supposed to be I guess.

And if it were aspie instead you guys would still complain.

It’s should be a good fight for however long it lasts, but it isn’t the kind of super fight you’d expect for UFC 300. Yan being the co main is a little weak too. Overall it’s a really good card though.

I don't think anyone thinks it's a bad fight. Its a fun main event for any card

Except......UFC 300.

The idea of Hill of all people being the main event of the biggest, most historical card is nauseating. He has the personality of a slug
Idk where all this biggest most historical bs is coming from, Dana is trying to hype his own product.
I also do not think the card looks bad at all, don't really know what people expected to be on this card.

After all the waiting we get a disappointing announcement.
Pereira vs. Hill is a very good fight, but it is not worthy of headlining an over-hyped event like UFC 300.
For a card like that you need established Superstars that have a broad mainstream appeal. You need the GSP's, the Lesnar's, the Khabib's and the Rousey's of the world.
I think that in terms of star power, the whole 300 card is lackluster. Headlined by a Dana White's Contender Series fighter... Give me a break!

PS: I am not saying that the fights on the 300 card will suck. The hype is severely lacking, though.
GSP, Rousey, & Brock are all way beyond retired.

Weili v Yan > Tate v Nunes

Nunes was a nobody when she won the title. And Tate had just won the title, Weili is a 2 time champion with a title defense.

Nah. Both Tate and Nunes at the time were closer to Weili than Yan is to either of them.

Combined it's better and with hindsight it's not even close.

Dana mentioned that he was working on something big but there was a lot of issues in getting it made. I bet Hill/Alex was supposed to be the co-main and the big fight fell out. Who knows what that was supposed to be. I'm getting Conor vs. someone.
Who else is worthy of taking the main even spot? JJ isn't that exciting and noone honestly wanted Sitple/JJ as main even anyways. Conor/Chandler would have been good, but I can't name any really good match ups that are worthy of the 300 main even spot.

Should be a decisive ending here. Eitger Pereira kicks Hill’s leg until he can pick him apart OR Hill fights with a blitzing, aggressive stand up attack until he secures a takedown and probably finishes Pereira on the ground. This has the potential to be an exciting fight while it lasts

Hill made it look pretty easy against Glover. He just needs to work a heavy ground game and Alex probably can't get up. He can obviously put Hill's lights out at any time though. I think it's a pick 'em.

Conor/Chandler was the fight to make at 300. Considering there is no USDA anymore, that tells me Conor rejected Dana's offer. I guarantee they wanted him for 300 or else Dana wouldn't have said he doesn't even know if Conor will fight again.

Hill has a punchers chance. Pereira has far more technique and tools standing but at about 185 and up anyone can land a finisher at any time.

Hopefully Hill is getting a bag for rushing his comeback and probably getting ktfo

Another underwhelming *00 main event but at least the entire card is stacked to hell!

You know, if it has Poatan, Im here for it.

At least its a solid main event, and definitely improves 300.

Back