Brazilian cop uses guard to shoot agressor's balls

Am I the only one who thinks it would be fun to try a roll with an LE belt and simunitions vs a hostile subject trying to get your gun?

It's been done. I remember seeing some clips from a gym somewhere in the southeast that had a ton of LEOs doing jiu jitsu.

They shot footage of some of their outdoor trainings in a park with wooden training guns.

One drill started where you've been knocked to the ground and are on your right hip with the gun holstered and pinned under your body vs a standing opponent trying to strike, pin, and disarm you. Goal was to unholster your weapon and get to where you could safely fire. One of their better guys was using single leg x guard effectively to control space and get to where he could draw.

Fucked with a training knife one time. Got extremely lucky and managed to sumigaeishi the dude with it. I have no illusions about my abilities if it ever happened for real.
I unfortunately had to deal with it for real and I'm lucky to still be here. Kimura grips and my long ass arms saved my ass. I do drills with LEOs and service members on occasion. I think it's good for reducing panic in the moment and minimizing stupid responses. But nothing in the world will make you genuinely adept at dealing with weapons.

Video is gone, that does sounds like some John Wick's shit.

It's been done. I remember seeing some clips from a gym somewhere in the southeast that had a ton of LEOs doing jiu jitsu.

They shot footage of some of their outdoor trainings in a park with wooden training guns.

One drill started where you've been knocked to the ground and are on your right hip with the gun holstered and pinned under your body vs a standing opponent trying to strike, pin, and disarm you. Goal was to unholster your weapon and get to where you could safely fire. One of their better guys was using single leg x guard effectively to control space and get to where he could draw.
Don't give EBI anymore ideas.

Back