Brazil is a horrible place

Jesus kidnapped twice?! What's the story behind that?
Traditional kidnaps (think Ransom with Mel Gibson) used to happen a lot back in the days so the police from my home state came up with this super awesome SWAT like team specialized in kidnaps and hostage rescue. They are extremely good, so good that those kidnaps basically don't exist anymore. Criminals had to up their game and came up with "flash kidnaps" which is basically being taken hostage with your car while they drive you to random ATMs and either force you to withdraw money for them or give them the PIN so they can do it while you're still under their control. It usually takes a few hours.

This is what happened twice with my brother. The first one was relatively fast and professional but the second one was quite different. They had him for a long time, threatening to kill him constantly. He was kidnaped around 8pm when he was existing a video rental shop and they let him go around 5am, or something like that, in the middle of nowhere in some rural area. He was absolutely certain they were going to kill him there. It was very traumatic for him! This was back in the early 2000s, there wasn't a lot of high tech going on back then so they were able to take a lot of fucking money basically just taking every money available in the ATM machine and then going to the next and so on... Nowadays there's a system that blocks the account and credit cards if something like this happens so even if you have a million in your bank account they are not getting much.

Not sure why my brother was targeted twice, he doesn't look like an easy target (he's a big dude) or drove expensive cars. I guess it was just bad luck! I was always extremely lucky though and nothing ever happened to me but I had my travel money stolen in Chicago :mad:

Just saw a video of this gang member in Brazil going to a kid's playground and started talking to this goofy looking kid. Out of nowhere, he just shoots the kid in the head for no reason. Poor kid was just playing with his friends, minding his own business.

Brazil is a mess. Gangsters rule much of the country and do whatever they please.

mxBnryM.jpg

Pretty sure this video says that was BS:

Traditional kidnaps (think Ransom with Mel Gibson) used to happen a lot back in the days so the police from my home state came up with this super awesome SWAT like team specialized in kidnaps and hostage rescue. They are extremely good, so good that those kidnaps basically don't exist anymore. Criminals had to up their game and came up with "flash kidnaps" which is basically being taken hostage with your car while they drive you to random ATMs and either force you to withdraw money for them or give them the PIN so they can do it while you're still under their control. It usually takes a few hours.

This is what happened twice with my brother. The first one was relatively fast and professional but the second one was quite different. They had him for a long time, threatening to kill him constantly. He was kidnaped around 8pm when he was existing a video rental shop and they let him go around 5am, or something like that, in the middle of nowhere in some rural area. He was absolutely certain they were going to kill him there. It was very traumatic for him! This was back in the early 2000s, there wasn't a lot of high tech going on back then so they were able to take a lot of fucking money basically just taking every money available in the ATM machine and then going to the next and so on... Nowadays there's a system that blocks the account and credit cards if something like this happens so even if you have a million in your bank account they are not getting much.

Not sure why my brother was targeted twice, he doesn't look like an easy target (he's a big dude) or drove expensive cars. I guess it was just bad luck! I was always extremely lucky though and nothing ever happened to me but I had my travel money stolen in Chicago :mad:

YIKES. Yeah now a days you generally are allowed $500 from an ATM and debit purchases of $3000 per day. Worst that happened to me was being pick pocketed day 1 in Valencia, Spain while at the same time the airlines lost my bags. I was also wearing a white shirt, in Spain, in the middle of summer. Wore that shirt for 3 days straight lol.

I'll add two points.

1- There an active self defense youtube Channel showing shootings as test cases for self defense concepts. Almost all videos are from Brazil.

2-
homicides-by-country.jpg

This man is telling the truth. these, sadly, are very common occurrences in Brazil.
I visited Brazil back some weeks ago. From homeless people stabbing each other at night to a pair of guys wanting to beat my brother in front of my toddler son just because, I almost got into a least three fistfights.
I love Brazil, but we have to face it. No, such level of violence is NOT NORMAL. And NO, just because these things could happen elsewhere the odds of having that happening in Brazil are just unacceptable.

Tbf based on the pic I don't think the whole love, sex, fatherhood thing was going to happen anyway. Sucks he will never have the chance to drive a car tho.

Edit: Yes, Brazil is a terrible place.

This Brazilian disagrees.
ronaldinho-namoradanova.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

This man is telling the truth. these, sadly, are very common occurrences in Brazil.
I visited Brazil back some weeks ago. From homeless people stabbing each other at night to a pair of guys wanting to beat my brother in front of my toddler son just because, I almost got into a least three fistfights.
I love Brazil, but we have to face it. No, such level of violence is NOT NORMAL. And NO, just because these things could happen elsewhere the odds of having that happening in Brazil are just unacceptable.
Sadly things are only getting worse :(

I'll add two points.

1- There an active self defense youtube Channel showing shootings as test cases for self defense concepts. Almost all videos are from Brazil.

2-
homicides-by-country.jpg

Love that channel.
If Brazil didn't exist they definitely wouldn't have enough content to survive.

That boy looks extremely masculine according to Youtube.
Anyone that oozes that much machismo should never be shot because he looks too intimidating!

There is only one reason to go to Brazil: that sweet Brazilian stink hole.

They love it up the A.
9D10090C-CDD5-4970-B1D8-B28410126AA9.jpeg

Last edited:
brazil and mexico should fight to the death
Mexico is way safer than Brazil,I would stay in any major mexican city over Brazil,Brazil also jas a higher chance of disease and filthier beaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back