Movies Braveheart or Gladiator

gladiator.

also haven't seen braveheart...
was the case with me for awhile. then probably after a similar threat praising Braveheart highly I decided to watch it, thinking it must be great. no, not even close. Gladiator all day!

9SlD.gif

Braveheart was cool too

I haven't seen Braveheart since it came out.

I feel like I should now though.

I think I was unfairly influenced into thinking it was a clownfest on account of Mel Gibson being the least convincing Scottish guy ever.
But then Gladiator is the same. Russell Crowe is the least convincing non-Australian on Earth.

Maybe I should watch both and reconsider my scorn for both films.

They're both comical if you consider them historical documentaries. But it's hard to ding Crowe's accent in Gladiator when the man is speaking modern English with a notional Hispano-Roman twang from 192 AD.

Another Braveheart vote here. Both are highly rewatchable to me.

Old Sofie was just so gorgeous. And the scene where he wakes homeboy up to deliver that flail to the dome was a great scene.

Maximus wins 10/10 times. He's just the better fighter and is also familiar with the same things from the Braveheart future (Still used swords, bows and rode horses.)

Maximus has also beaten the best 1 on 1 whereas Braveheart mostly had an army at his back.

There's a reason the romans never took the highlands. Hadrian's wall was to protect Romans from the Picts.

Back