Rumored Brandon Royval vs Amir Albazi possibly booked for July 13th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Albazi is out until September

Hopefully true, and I think Royval wins. KKF already beat Albazi

Kinda hope Albazi wins. Can't say I am super hyped about watching Pantoja win against Royval a third time

Albazi should win, beastly grappler and doesn’t get enough credit for outstriking (or at least matching) KKF on the feet

Wow what a good matchup. Seems like UFC has been putting some pressure on the flyweights recently. I like it

Why though? Albazi is the obvious next contender.

Is it as obvious as you think though? The UFC always prefers if someone is coming off an emphatic win before they fight for the title. That's a big part of why Mokaev got passed over in favor of Erceg with Mokaev's lackluster performance vs Alex Perez.

Albazi's last win vs KKF was nearly a near ago and most people thought he lost that fight. One more win preferably with style points isn't too much to ask.

Is it as obvious as you think though? The UFC always prefers if someone is coming off an emphatic win before they fight for the title. That's a big part of why Mokaev got passed over in favor of Erceg with Mokaev's lackluster performance vs Alex Perez.

Albazi's last win vs KKF was nearly a near ago and most people thought he lost that fight. One more win preferably with style points isn't too much to ask.

{<huh}

We just went all the way to number 13 for a title shot. This is not the division to be picky in and kill off the number 3 guy to a fighter Pantoja has already beaten twice.

{<huh}

We just went all the way to number 13 for a title shot. This is not the division to be picky in and kill off the number 3 guy to a fighter Pantoja has already beaten twice.

Erceg was #10 when he fought Pantoja not #13. The circumstances lined up for him due to injuries & Pantoja already having beaten a few of the other contenders in the division multiple times.

You really think Albazi could just sit out, not fight again and get booked for the title? If he was ready to go for the 301 card perhaps yeah but not now. Especially with Mokaev vs Kape booked, the winner of that will be ahead of him in the title picture if he doesn't fight.

Back