Bradley Martyn got humbled by a 160 lb wrestler

Bodybuilders tend to be very unathletic if the only sport they did in their lives is bodybuilding.

Some bodybuilders wrestled extensively or played football a lot in their youth. Those are the types that could overpower a 160 lb. decent wrestler but someone like Bradley Martyn.... nahh.
I was watching a UFC event at a bar I always go watch it at. There were two guys at the same table as me. One was a BIG summbitch. He started talking wrestling technique, kind of moving, showing how he would shuck, and you could see his speed, technique, and power immediately. He had wrestled from the time he was a kid all through college, but now did only bodybuilding. A guy like that would be terrifying to go against.

I was watching a UFC event at a bar I always go watch it at. There were two guys at the same table as me. One was a BIG summbitch. He started talking wrestling technique, kind of moving, showing how he would shuck, and you could see his speed, technique, and power immediately. He had wrestled from the time he was a kid all through college, but now did only bodybuilding. A guy like that would be terrifying to go against.
Yeah, you never know what a guy is working with. But tons of former athletes from other sports get into bodybuilding or hardcore lifting or working out, because I guess, naturally, it fills that competitive void. I know tons of wrestlers who became absolutely jacked after they stopped wrestling. I never assume a person knows less than me or can't do things I can, because you just never know.

I am also a heavyweight, but that's my favorite type of white belt to roll with in jiu jitsu.

Meanwhile all the 150 lb blue belts are dodging eye contact with those dudes when it comes time to partner up.

I am also a heavyweight, but that's my favorite type of white belt to roll with in jiu jitsu.

Meanwhile all the 150 lb blue belts are dodging eye contact with those dudes when it comes time to partner up.
I'm a good sized guy too, and pretty skilled. But the other day I watched a Karelin video and had a reality check. There's something about a 280 pound albino gorilla doing handstand pushups that makes your asshole pucker.

Back